Ice creams of the past

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

a staple of my youth was a milk flavoured lolly which had a flake buried through the middle of it. I think they were called a '99, but im unable to find any pictures of it. A fantastic icey treat.

• Paid Members

I'm with Egg here. It might have been a regional thing, but the '99 definitely existed in the early 90's. It was made by Sidoli who were a South Wales based firm. 

They were pretty shit though in all honesty. Feast for me. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

I don't know how long for, but Iceland have started stocking these. I hate liquorice, so haven't tried the Black Jacks, but my mum loves them. The Fruit Salads are really nice. Given how popular the original sweets are, it's a little surprising this idea didn't occur sooner, I'm sure they would've gone down hugely back in the 80s and 90s.

182442_barratticecreampackrangeshot_754714_crop.jpg

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I don't know how long for, but Iceland have started stocking these. I hate liquorice, so haven't tried the Black Jacks, but my mum loves them. The Fruit Salads are really nice. Given how popular the original sweets are, it's a little surprising this idea didn't occur sooner, I'm sure they would've gone down hugely back in the 80s and 90s.

might swing by this afternoon, got my eye on that Wham tub

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I love Blackjacks but these were rank, sadly. I was left with a cold black tongue and belly full of regret. Haven't tried the others. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Feast is alright, but it's no Festival.

The nogger is essentially a feast but there's something slightly different in the mix that makes the nogger slightly better, like how cadbury branded chocolate from counties that just pile it full of sugar is delightfully more moreish than what we get.