Ice creams of the past

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

My dad used to own a newsagents so I had the pleasure of sorting out the rounds for the paper boys. This is a pretty basic job, which saw me making up the rounds for the paper boys. Quite a simple thing really, and I more or less had the job down pat within a few days.

4 hours ago, Tommy! said:

The nogger is essentially a feast but there's something slightly different in the mix that makes the nogger slightly better, like how cadbury branded chocolate from counties that just pile it full of sugar is delightfully more moreish than what we get. 

Great, I'll ask for it down the Premier tomorrow.

• Paid Members
On 8/2/2020 at 9:36 AM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

A 99 is a Mr Whippy with a flake in it. I've no idea what yours was called Egg. 

stopped by a local shop this morning and turns out they are still using a freezer adorned with the 90's advertising poster of the lollys i would have been eating as a kid.

It's called a '66! i was close, check it out... 

20200803-100216.jpg

• Paid Members

Cider Apple! I used to go mad for cider apple lollies on the rare times an ice cream van would come into the village I lived in as a kid. I've mentioned them more recently and no one believed me that they were even a thing. 

5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Cider Apple! I used to go mad for cider apple lollies on the rare times an ice cream van would come into the village I lived in as a kid. I've mentioned them more recently and no one believed me that they were even a thing. 

You can still get them. Such a thrill as a kid. It seemed naughty.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members
On 8/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, air_raid said:

I don’t remember these but I remember small fruit ice pieces in sugar coating.... also feet shaped?!?

Found them. Cool Bits, various shapes and sold in bags. Probably Walls over here.

cool_bits_1993+%25E2%2580%2593+kopio.jpg

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

"What shall we call this one?"
"Well, we already have a Cool lolly, how about Cool 2?"

Lazy bastards.

ahhhh see, now thats where theres a problem with the advertising board. The Cool 2 was actually a half and half raspberry/lemon combo lolly. They've just ballsed up the picture.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Cool Bits were great, pretty sure I first found them while on holiday in Spain.

It felt like other countries got "Walls" lollies before us, did we ever even get Boomy over here?

Definitely. I was a fan, I seem to remember the fruit flavour was quite intense.