Ice creams of the past

HarmonicGenerator

Mini Milks were rank, surely some forum concensus on that. 

As for best lolly. Tartaglia's Cider one was heaven as was their lemonade one. 

I miss Bejam's/Iceland's Ice-cream Bombes which were divine from back in the mid 1980s 

53 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve not seen them in supermarkets for years.

The missus was kind enough to purchase a couple of boxes of them from Heron Foods not long ago. Still absolutely lovely and were not tainted by starry eyed nostalgia like a lot of things are when you have them as an adult.

• Paid Members

I used to love a Cider Sparkle when I was little. It made me feel a bit rebellious and wild, as everyone knows cider had alcohol in it.

I went through a phase of always having ice cream oysters when they were available, kidding myself that they weren't a bit shit and would just collapse into a milky, dribbly mess by the time I was halfway through it.

Remember when Twisters were pink and white coloured, and someone wrote into Jim'll Fix It to design a new version? They (were heavily manipulated into) designing the green and cream version, and for a while both versions were available. 

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

zap.jpg

These were a favourite of mine until one day I got around to reading the wrapper and discovered the flavour was just toffee. The magic was gone after that.

• Paid Members

Roger Moore invented the Magnum. He asked somebody why they didn't just do a choc ice on a stick as it could be less messy, and that was that. 

Best Bond. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Tangle Twisters just simply being called Twisters now is one of my most irrational “dumbing down society”/old man shouting at cloud annoyances of the last 30 years. 

Was it not because there were two Twisters? A strawberry/raspberry one called a Tongue Twister, and the lemon lime one called a Tangle Twister? 

I think the non lime one must have been discontinued, and Twister chosen as the name because it's less of a mouthful. 

EDIT: There are now several flavours of Twister available. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Awards Moderator
11 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Roger Moore invented the Magnum. He asked somebody why they didn't just do a choc ice on a stick as it could be less messy, and that was that. 

Best Bond. 

Nah, that’s one of those ‘sounds like a good story but it’s no more than that’ myths that’s been doing the rounds for years.

I think he did actually say that but it was back in the ‘60s and Magnums weren’t invented until the late ‘80s. 

Magnum also invented the type of chocolate that is on their ice creams. Normal chocolate cracks at that low of a temperature and they invented a new type that doesn’t. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Nah, that’s one of those ‘sounds like a good story but it’s no more than that’ myths that’s been doing the rounds for years.

Fair enough. 

1 hour ago, The Maestro said:

The missus was kind enough to purchase a couple of boxes of them from Heron Foods not long ago. Still absolutely lovely and were not tainted by starry eyed nostalgia like a lot of things are when you have them as an adult.

That’s a real good and bad news situation. On one hand I can possibly swing by and get a few boxes on the other hand Heron foods is where food goes to die. RIP Maxi.

• Paid Members

I've never seen a That-A-Way in my life but there's no way they weren't used behind the bike shed.

Winner Tacos were great while they were around, weird advertising campaign. The polar bear should've worn a sombrero and dressed like a Mariachi.

I loved Funny Feet and ice creams of a similar ilk (like that Mario one) but I was a big fan of Max the Lion. There was one that had a caramel flavour which was really nice.

Honourable mention to Solero Shots.