Musicals are rubbish

waters44

It’s not a traditional musical, but I love Once. Great soundtrack and performances from the two leads. I might be in the wrong thread, cause I really like musicals. Big fan of Little Shop Of Horrors, West Side Story (original) The Greatest Showman (shut up), Moulin Rouge, Gene Wilder Wonka, Blues Brothers, Singin’ In The Rain, aforementioned Muppet Christmas Carol and Dreamgirls.

I’d start a “musicals are awesome, you’re all wrong” thread, but I fear it would be just me and two others.

I’m not a big musical fan but some of the classics are, well, classic.

In particular South Pacific is a cracking movie and the music is infectious.  There’s something about the stage-set thing that era of musicals did that makes it feel a lot more like you’re at a show, and somehow the singing and dancing works better.

Edit: On The Town, West Side Story, Viva Las Vegas.  Maybe I AM a musical fan!

Edited by Loki

17 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

It’s not a traditional musical, but I love Once. Great soundtrack and performances from the two leads. I might be in the wrong thread, cause I really like musicals. Big fan of Little Shop Of Horrors, West Side Story (original) The Greatest Showman (shut up), Moulin Rouge, Gene Wilder Wonka, Blues Brothers, Singin’ In The Rain, aforementioned Muppet Christmas Carol and Dreamgirls.

I’d start a “musicals are awesome, you’re all wrong” thread, but I fear it would be just me and two others.

Yeah, But Hansard is a bit noncey and falling slowly is a shite song.