Musicals are rubbish

waters44

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Paid Members

The link won't work but apparently that's a bit of issue now, jukebox musicals sell themselves as being a big fun sing-along rather than a night at the theater. Then parts of the audience get pissed off with other parts singing over the cast and dancing blocking the view so they can't actually see or hear the show and fights break out or complaints stream in.

• 7 months later...

I discovered last week that there is a jukebox musical called '& Juliet' which has a play-within-a-play of a follow-up to the ending of Romeo & Juliet. The music is 'songs by Max Martin' so they range from Since U Bn Gone by Kelly Clarkson to Perfect by Pink, as well as SIX Backstreet Boys songs.

The whole concept sounds so irredeemably terrible I genuinely wonder if it's popular because it's bad.

7 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I discovered last week that there is a jukebox musical called '& Juliet' which has a play-within-a-play of a follow-up to the ending of Romeo & Juliet. The music is 'songs by Max Martin' so they range from Since U Bn Gone by Kelly Clarkson to Perfect by Pink, as well as SIX Backstreet Boys songs.

The whole concept sounds so irredeemably terrible I genuinely wonder if it's popular because it's bad.

It's popular with tourists who can't commit to an actual plot and groups of 14 year old girls on a school trip.