• Moderators

The Weird Weekends episode on Rap fucking pissed all over the one tonight.

Louis Theroux the Serious Man has been shite for years. Far more interesting and watchable when he was asking Nazis about Are You Being Served and just generally being irreverent. Also got more interesting stuff out of the subjects too. 

As Peep Show put it, "The wry smile at the orgy". I'd love that to return instead of him acting like he's on World in Action. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Louis Theroux the Serious Man has been shite for years. Far more interesting and watchable when he was asking Nazis about Are You Being Served and just generally being irreverent. Also got more interesting stuff out of the subjects too. 

As Peep Show put it, "The wry smile at the orgy". I'd love that to return instead of him acting like he's on World in Action. 

I watched the one about the far right tonight, which did nothing more than shine a light on them and air their views. 

The one he did after Savile pegged it was good though. There were some interesting ones last year he did where he revisited some of his older stuff and caught up with the subjects as well. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I watched the one about the far right tonight, which did nothing more than shine a light on them and air their views. 

It didn't. It made them look like a bunch of absolute fucking dweebs who couldn't really handle being challenged.

8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Maybe Louis' money no longer folds, and now jiggle jiggles :(

13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

It didn't. It made them look like a bunch of absolute fucking dweebs who couldn't really handle being challenged.

Maybe Louis' money no longer folds, and now jiggle jiggles :(

I felt the whole episode was a bit of a let down and a missed opportunity really.

The ever increasing growth in support for right wing ideology across the west is extremely concerning but I think something done about people who were maybe a little smarter in hiding their motives and true colours might have made more impact into how potentially otherwise reasonable people may be falling into those paths.

All 3 "main" guys featured in it were absolute gimps and no person with even a hint of a brain could look at them and think "yeah they make some really great points". Their audiences also seemed absolutely miniscule. The rally type thing with Fuentes had 300 people there and the streamer had an audience of 300. 

Fuentes claiming to be a millionaire whilst doing 4 hour live streams in his Mums basement. 

I'd have liked to have seen Louis ask Fuentes how far back his family had been present in the US as he was spouting his zero immigration shite.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

I thought the alt right one was fine. I got the sense too that there were a thousand clever questions he could have caught them out on, but it was the case in the end that letting their awful gatorade-and-nacho-sweat promo comebacks - always once Louis had left - speak for themselves was enough to dress them down. These feckers aren't interested in cogent dialogue and it'll never get you anywhere. So I can see why it's a very serious issue that sort of oscillated into being treated at times like a Wild Weekends (yes, the best Louis) one. 

The rap episode was on form though. 

• Paid Members

I've caught up with The Righteous Gemstones. This series has been fantastic. I enjoyed the last one but it ran out of puff by the last couple of episodes, this has been paced beautifully. Eric Roberts, Edi Patterson, Walton Goggins, and Danny Cavalero as Keefe all MVPs. 

• Paid Members

watched the first series of Lego Masters Australia while I've been stuck at home, really top stuff. 

Hamish Blake is fantastic as a self-aware, not taking it seriously, host of the whole deal, and in a rarity for that kind of competition show, I only found myself actively disliking one of the contestants (Kale), and that seems to be a pretty universal experience. There's a team of beardy oil rig workers, one of whom is the least expressive man in the world, and I think I actually love him. 

Also, lots of brilliant Lego builds, obviously. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

watched the first series of Lego Masters Australia while I've been stuck at home, really top stuff. 

Hamish Blake is fantastic as a self-aware, not taking it seriously, host of the whole deal, and in a rarity for that kind of competition show, I only found myself actively disliking one of the contestants (Kale), and that seems to be a pretty universal experience. There's a team of beardy oil rig workers, one of whom is the least expressive man in the world, and I think I actually love him. 

Also, lots of brilliant Lego builds, obviously. 

Lego Masters Australia is fantastic. As much as I love Will Arnett, Hamish Blake comes across as a great guy and great presenter. Also, Brickman is a great sidekick. I have seen all 3 seasons now and last years celebrity Christmas special (which is the worst episodes, but still good). Season 2 and 3 have even more amazing builds. Perfect family TV that.

• Paid Members

I gave up after two episodes but it's my own fault as I don't like Karyn Kusama's work.

Started Party Down though and really liked the first two episodes. Jane Lynch the clear MVP,  as per usual.