deathrey Posted September 21, 2024 Posted September 21, 2024 (edited) I watched Kaos on Netflix recently, a bit like Percy Jackson for adults -, mythological stories in a modern day narrative. Jeff Goldblum makes a great Zeus, but I loved Nabhaan Rizwan as Dionysus. I thought it was a good easy, evening watch Edited September 21, 2024 by deathrey Quote
Dai Posted September 21, 2024 Posted September 21, 2024 I enjoyed Hijack, Silo, Slow Horses and Lessons in Chemistry the last time I had a free trial. Never really liked the look of Mankind but might give it a try. The ones I listed seem to be the new batch of TV from them, so am interested to see if anyone has seen them. Will give Severence a watch too, cheers. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted September 22, 2024 Posted September 22, 2024 Nightsleeper There’s been some proper shite recently that Ive ended up watching to the end because I’ve found it hilariously bad and want to see what stupidly contrived plot point the writers pull out of their arse next - Fool Me Once and The Couple Next Door for example - but this is another level of bad. All those shows need suspension of disbelief to get through them but this another level. It also includes some of the worst green screen I’ve ever seen. Genuinely fucking awful. Obviously my missus loves it. Quote
Merzbow Posted September 22, 2024 Posted September 22, 2024 I tried watching it but couldn't handle it when they started singing Kate Nash over the phone to each other. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted September 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 22, 2024 41 minutes ago, Merzbow said: I tried watching it but couldn't handle it when they started singing Kate Nash over the phone to each other. Yeah that’s what ended it for me. Quote
TibBo Posted September 25, 2024 Posted September 25, 2024 2 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Sorry??? Is this a Brass Eye type thing where they have accidentally sent him there the same week as the high school camping trip, and they are now trapped with him Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 25, 2024 Posted September 25, 2024 He gets to tell his story? And there's no one there to challenge him or ask him anything? Seems fair. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted September 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 25, 2024 No crew for him to harass. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted September 25, 2024 Posted September 25, 2024 Need to air drop in Big John Leslie and Barrymore for a disgraced ITV host Hunger Games. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted September 25, 2024 Posted September 25, 2024 His career will be back to normal before long, as I think he's been offered quite a lot of money to return to other mainstream channels. He admitted to a non-illegal affair, the other person involved verified that and an ITV investigation couldn't prove otherwise. If you look on Schofield's Instagram, he's made his 'comeback' recently and all his This Morning colleagues are liking and interacting with his posts. I don't really have an opinion, as it's obviously off and a bit weird - but if it was all legal, I don't want someone to be hounded. I think Caroline Flack was treated terribly for her relationship with Harry Styles, and she met him when he'd just turned 16. Equally, Cheryl Cole met that other 1D fella when he was 15 and was his mentor, and no one tried to kill her career. I dunno, I'm wary of double standards but equally all of the above is a *bit* weird, so I'll have to console myself with the fact I won't watch anything these people do anyway. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 25, 2024 Members Posted September 25, 2024 10 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I'll have to console myself with the fact I won't watch anything these people do anyway Plenty of people don't watch WWE but continue to comment in On Topic so you crack on mate Quote
Mr_Danger Posted September 25, 2024 Posted September 25, 2024 I never got over Chris Evans ripping Richie Neville for going out with a teenager on TFI Friday then marrying her a couple of years later. In my mind if you know and influence someone as a kid but wait until they’re legal your still creepy and a bit morally bankrupt but thats the difference between creepy and criminal and if nobody can prove otherwise he probably doesn’t deserve to have his life ruined. It’s fair to say a bit of the outrage comes from homophobia. Quote
Merzbow Posted September 30, 2024 Posted September 30, 2024 I've watched most of Joan on ITV today, a rare drama that I've watched from them in recent years and it's pretty decent if a little plodding and needs a big injection of energy to it. It's all Sophie Turner though who shines and everyone else is just there, also helps that she looks fucking amazing in all that 80's get-up. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted October 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 1, 2024 I started watching Ludwig on the iPlayer. It's an interesting premise, obviously written with David Mitchell in mind. Anyway, David Mitchell plays John "Ludwig" Turner. A reclusive crossword setter who gets a phone call from his sister-in-law, Lucy (Anna Maxwell Martin), and is summoned to Cambridge where it turns out his identical twin brother James, a police detective, has gone missing. John impersonates James to try and infiltrate the police station and get hold of a notebook to see whether they can find out where he is, and ends up having to investigate several cases. One of the reviews describes Mitchell as playing Mark from Peep Show in a detective show. It has some funny moments. There's some awkward romantic tension between Lucy and John, and the soundtrack is made up of the works of Beethoven, and some interesting synth type pieces which take inspiration from Beethoven. It's not bad. One of those Shakespeare and Hathaway type shows where you just stick it on for the hour and enjoy the ride. Also, Ralph Ineson is in it, and he's ace. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.