wordsfromlee Posted August 7, 2024 Posted August 7, 2024 Human Remains - I noticed this was finally on streaming on UKTV Play so thought I'd give it a re-watch after god knows how many years. Still absolutely sublime. Still massively underrated nearly 25 years later. Still up there with Nighty Night as one of the best things Julia Davis has made and easily the best thing Rob Brydon ever did. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted September 20, 2024 Posted September 20, 2024 Binged The Dump Matsumoto Netflix series today 10/10 Absolutely Amazing Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted September 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2024 I watched the first series of Freddie Flintoff's Field Of Dreams on the iPlayer. It's interesting enough. The second series takes a turn because of his Top Gear accident, because it becomes about Flintoff working through the trauma of the accident as well as being there for the kids. It's a great look at Indian culture as well. He might be an absolute knob off camera for all I know, but whenever he's on the telly he comes across as so likeable and down to earth. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 20, 2024 Members Posted September 20, 2024 Colin From Accounts Blitzed through both series in about a day and absolutely loved it. Just a really great show and characters that you want to spend with, and gutted there's no more to watch. I love them all and I'd actually die for Colin. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 20, 2024 Posted September 20, 2024 16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Colin From Accounts Blitzed through both series in about a day and absolutely loved it. Just a really great show and characters that you want to spend with, and gutted there's no more to watch. I love them all and I'd actually die for Colin. Found the first season quite late but absolutely adored it. Such a wonderful cast. Sped through the second. Might watch it all again. I love them all. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted September 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 21, 2024 Colin from Accounts completely disregarded the second album syndrome with season 2. Absolutely on par with the first. I also recommend No Activity which features them both (and I believe where they met). Quote
Paid Members Weezenal Posted September 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 21, 2024 I thought the first episode of The Penguin show, which continues straight from where The Batman film left off, was pretty good. Colin Farrell back as the Penguin in a mob show. Much better than Marvel’s Agatha All Along which launched the same day. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted September 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 21, 2024 Yep, enjoyed first episode of The Penguin a great deal. Liked the use of the character as a disrespected mid-level mobster, and thought the humour in the show was well positioned. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted September 21, 2024 Posted September 21, 2024 Enjoyed first ep of The Penguin, you can just tell Farrell binge watched The Sopranos too. Quote
Dai Posted September 21, 2024 Posted September 21, 2024 Just got a free trial of Apple TV. All of the following seem to get decent scores on IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes, but I trust the people here more than those sites. Any that should be watched as a priority, and any that dont live up to the good reviews? - Pachinko, Lady In The Lake, Bad Monkey, Sunny, Presumed Innocent, Women In Blue, Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 21, 2024 Posted September 21, 2024 Severance is my favourite Apple effort if you've not see that yet. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted September 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 21, 2024 Bad Sisters was very good. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted September 21, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted September 21, 2024 Slow Horses would be my top pick. Severance was excellent, and though I’ve been quite slow in getting into it, For All Mankind is really good too. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 21, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted September 21, 2024 Hijack was very good. I enjoyed Severance for the most part. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.