Dai Posted March 29 Posted March 29 The episodes are half an hour, no? A Bob vs Mitchell showdown should have been gold but it was slightly good, which sums up the show for me. Half way through S2 of Hijack, and am struggling to carry on with it, which is a shame considering the very good first season. A train is just not as interesting or stressful as a plane, and the supporting cast are all plebs too. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 29 Paid Members Posted March 29 A really funny sketch (imo) from last nights SNL UK. George Fouracres has been the MVP so far. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted March 30 Awards Moderator Posted March 30 Agreed, that was my favourite sketch this week. Felt this second episode was a bit more hit and miss than the first but still plenty to enjoy. Fouracres is definitely my favourite too and I was disappointed he didn’t feature very much on this episode, but at least after barely appearing last week Annabel Marlow got highlighted quite a bit. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 30 Paid Members Posted March 30 On 3/29/2026 at 12:24 AM, ReturnOfTheMack said: I had a go, S1. I switched off after 30 minutes of the first episode. Came back to it and blitzed it. Probably mostly because I have a crush on Harriet Kemsley. Same, but with Lou Sanders. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted March 30 Posted March 30 Polished off the first series of The Pitt. Didn’t know you could feel physically exhausted watching a tv show. It’s great. Noah Wyle might not be the rangiest actor but he does this role brilliantly and the way he sells his ptsd is very relatable. Gonna catch up on series 2 then get an ER rewatch on the go. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 30 Paid Members Posted March 30 Blew my mind the other week when I learned ER finished in 2005. I was sure it was done by 2000/2001 tops. Was anybody still watching it in those later years? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 30 Members Posted March 30 10 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Blew my mind the other week when I learned ER finished in 2005. I was sure it was done by 2000/2001 tops. Was anybody still watching it in those later years? It actually ran until 2009! It's one of those shows that I alwsys think I should give a go, but it's a mammoth task. I still haven't finished The X-Files and I started that 4 years ago. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 30 Posted March 30 (edited) 17 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Blew my mind the other week when I learned ER finished in 2005. I was sure it was done by 2000/2001 tops. Was anybody still watching it in those later years? It was still a massively popular show, helped by the fact that it always had the same time slot so people had that familiarity with it. Even for the seres in 00/01 where you thought it ended, it was still getting (on average) over 22 million viewers. Its first 10 series were always in The top 10 shows of the year. Series 11 is where it started to dwindle, but even at its lowest (Series 14- 07/08), it was still close to 10 million viewers. Say what you want about Attitude Era being a huge part of the cultural zeitgeist, those numbers were huge at the time. Even its final series had a ratings boost and was doing over 10 million viewers on average. ER was fucking massive Edited March 30 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 30 Paid Members Posted March 30 2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: It actually ran until 2009! It's one of those shows that I alwsys think I should give a go, but it's a mammoth task. I still haven't finished The X-Files and I started that 4 years ago. Mind blown again! I'm really show with watching TV shows. I'm still on my Seinfeld rewatch I started about 14 months ago. They're 20 minute episodes! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 30 Members Posted March 30 11 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Attitude Era Nice. 11 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Mind blown again! I'm really show with watching TV shows. I'm still on my Seinfeld rewatch I started about 14 months ago. They're 20 minute episodes! See, I can always finish a Seinfeld or Office rewatch in a month or so, but maybe that's because I've seen it so much. Sod it, I think I'll start ER, even if it is just to fawn over Maura Tierney. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 30 Paid Members Posted March 30 Other half started watching LOL, from the first series. It has its moments, but I agree that just catching highlights on social media has been a far better way of enjoying it than sitting through Jimmy Carr and the reality TV trappings of it all - I'll take clips of Bob Mortimer and Sam Campbell over that. Finished Small Prophets last night, absolutely loved it. Not sure it completely nailed the landing, but everything else about it was superb. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 30 Posted March 30 Not sure if LOL has all the episodes out but it didn't last time I looked so I've been waiting before I watch the 2nd series. Absolutely hated the idea at first when watching S1 but Bob really sucked me in. Been killing time watching Jury Duty instead. Think it was mentioned here a while back but yeah, just a really nice set up with a lot of laughs. Utterly ridiculous watching from the outside. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 1 Moderators Posted April 1 On 3/23/2026 at 1:49 PM, wordsfromlee said: I found the first season quite funny and enjoyable, but I gave up towards the end of the second as they seemed to stop writing jokes and made it way more twee and sentimental instead which I found boring and slightly irritating at times. I started season 2. I just watched the Christmas episode. Holy shit it was terrible. That's me done with this shite. I watched the first two episodes of Bait yesterday though, and that was excellent. Quote
deathrey Posted April 1 Posted April 1 (edited) I finished watching Bait yesterday, it's very very watchable in that you want to go straight to the next episode. Some real laugh out loud moments for me but balanced with Riz's usual intenseness and a little bit of surrealism. There surprise cameo of sorts from one of my favourite people ever but I wont say who as I think it's a spoiler, he isn't advertised as being in it but hopefully it will make a few other people smile. Well worth a watch. I'm away for most of next week and then I'm going to get started with The Pitt. Shout out to ER for being one of the best TV shows to have ever existed. It's my comfort watch show, I always wait a couple of years between rewatching and think this has been my longest break since a rewatch. I last watched it before my eldest was born, he's 5 now so it's been ages. I'll line that up for after I've finished with The Pitt Edited April 5 by deathrey Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted April 1 Paid Members Posted April 1 Reboot of Scrubs is actually decent, not overly exhausted by the new characters too, and the jokes tend to hit the mark, the newer cast need a bit of fleshing out but miles and miles better than the ones from the awful Interns series. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.