Rockbus2 Posted March 22 Posted March 22 6 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said: I'll say it. I enjoyed SNL UK. They went British humour and it worked so well. Belly laughed at parts. Maybe it's for my generation or friend group humour but yeah pleasantly happy. Totally agree. Watched because I'm a bit in love with Ania Magliano but thought it was excellent and laughed throughout. Not quite everything hit (the sketch with the shy baby was the low point) but the good far outweighed the bad. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 22 Paid Members Posted March 22 I'm more mild in my praise than you, but mainly it wasn't an embarrassing disaster, so it far surpassed my expectations. There were laughs to be had and a couple of the cast stood out as promising. Like every single episode of SNL ever, all the sketches went on too long and a some stuff didn't land. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted March 22 Paid Members Posted March 22 The Shakespeare sketch was a miss, but I was really happy with Weekend Update and I did find the cinema critic sketch funny. Paddington sketch I enjoyed and through knowing people like the Shy Baby I enjoyed that too. Just for how bad it could have been, it went better than I hoped. Ania Magliano is an absolute star too, you could tell she was having the time of her life and to be the first anchor of weekend update is a huge honour even if it's UK. Wet Leg confuse me as a band though. I miss the two lead singers being ironically awkward, the new dynamic just feels like a college band put together with nothing in common. Quote
Chili Posted March 22 Posted March 22 (edited) For a first episode that was always going to be nervy as fuck, it was pretty alright. They can build on that. Good for them. It wasn't shit. I like Fouraces, especially the bit near the end. Paddy Young is one of those people who has a moustache when he shouldn't and those people should not be trusted. Edited March 22 by Chili Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted March 22 Awards Moderator Posted March 22 6 hours ago, I Bent My Wookie said: I'll say it. I enjoyed SNL UK. They went British humour and it worked so well. Belly laughed at parts. Maybe it's for my generation or friend group humour but yeah pleasantly happy. I really enjoyed it too, every sketch had at least one good laugh in it which is more than the US version has ever managed. George Fouracres was the standout for me, his ‘Forty Five Seconds’ sketch at the end was brilliant. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 22 Posted March 22 I'll be fair - it definitely wasn't the complete disaster it could've been. Like quite a lot of comedy shows it felt like one that had potential and could get better over time. All comes down to the material really as they do seem to have a pretty decent lineup. But yeah if I was them I'd be happy with it as a starting point for sure. Quote
Dai Posted March 23 Posted March 23 On 3/21/2026 at 5:04 PM, LaGoosh said: Loved Breaking Bad first time round. Was surprised how bad it was on a rewatch. Saul is far superior in every way. Lalo Salamanca over Gus Fring every day. Id also actually go as far as: Jimmy, Kim, Mike, Nacho, Howard, Lalo, Chuck > Walter, which is something I would never have thought before the rewatch. Must have been right place and right time, because Walter is an iconic character, but I just dont think its that good on the rewatch. Then the entire supporting cast are not in the same league as any of Sauls, too. If youre a fan a Shrinking, then I can recommend Platonic. Very similar in the way its shot, and the sort of stories it has. Nothing too intense or complex, so perfect to relax too. We Might Regret This is your standard 4 or 5 out of 10 BBC comedy. Theres definitely the bones of a very good comedy here, but it just never gets there. S2 is only 4 episodes long too, which doesnt seem to happen very often too. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 23 Moderators Posted March 23 I finally caved and watched the first episode of Ted Lasso after being sure for so long I would hate it. I didn't hate it... Quote
wordsfromlee Posted March 23 Posted March 23 3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: I finally caved and watched the first episode of Ted Lasso after being sure for so long I would hate it. I didn't hate it... I found the first season quite funny and enjoyable, but I gave up towards the end of the second as they seemed to stop writing jokes and made it way more twee and sentimental instead which I found boring and slightly irritating at times. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 23 Moderators Posted March 23 (edited) That's exactly what I thought it would be like and what I wouldn't like about it .. so I'll enjoy it for now I guess and eventually tap out as well, I'm sure! So far I'm happy with the setup which is basically just the same as the plot of Major League, which I enjoyed as a kid. Edited March 23 by Chest Rockwell Quote
kidzero Posted March 23 Posted March 23 Can I ask is it better to watch better call Saul then watch breaking bad in that order? Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 23 Paid Members Posted March 23 I didn't think it's better or worse. They're so separate it doesn't matter. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 23 Members Posted March 23 Hmmmm, I dunno. There's no way of knowing for sure how I'd feel if I watched it the other way round, but I loved discovering why and how Saul becomes the Saul of Breaking Bad, and that massively added to my enjoyment of it. That goes for other characters as well. I will also say that Better Call Saul is a far superior show to Breaking Bad. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 23 Posted March 23 12 minutes ago, kidzero said: Can I ask is it better to watch better call Saul then watch breaking bad in that order? I'd watch Breaking Bad then Saul. Not to say you couldn't the other way round, but it's really intriguing watching Saul after you've seen him in BB. And I'd definitely say Better Call Saul is the stronger series overall. They really found their footing and ran with it. Quote
Dai Posted March 23 Posted March 23 Saul has major BB spoilers, so if you're watching them both for the first time then it has to be BB first. If you've watched it before like you said, so have a good gist of what happened, then you could definately watch Saul first and then enjoy the little easter eggs throughout BB. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.