Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 5 Awards Moderator Posted February 5 The new Muppet Show pilot is a really nice recreation of the original format, and I hope it does well. But whoever the current Kermit is… he can not do the voice. That frog just sounds like a guy now. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted February 5 Paid Members Posted February 5 yeah, in previous appearances it felt like the new Kermit was lapsing in and out of the voice, and particularly struggled with singing, now it barely sounds like he's doing the voice at all. I wonder if that's a conscious choice to not try and exactly mimic Jim Henson or Steve Whitmire, but it was off-putting. And this sounds like a really stupid complaint for a Muppet show, but there was a lot of really visible puppetry going on - the arm rods on Miss Piggy were really visible as she was walking downstairs, and I don't recall ever really seeing the seams as obviously like that on a proper Muppets production, and I don't know how much it's just a result of watching in HD on a bigger telly than I ever would have watched the Muppets on before. It was fun, though, with some good gags, and the right amount of corniness. A shame it was a one-off, but hopefully they get a series out of it. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 7 Moderators Posted February 7 State of the Union I really liked this! Simple, well observed, well acted. Nothing fancy - a tight brief well executed. Seeing Rosamund Pike made me think of Keith. Hope he's doing ok. It's just her and Chris O'Dowd playing a couple going to marriage counselling. Written by Nick Hornby, one series, 10 minutes an episode. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted February 8 Paid Members Posted February 8 Things You Should Have Done. Sitcom About a young woman totally unready for life. People seem to either live it or hate it, me and the wife love it. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 8 Members Posted February 8 11 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: State of the Union I really liked this! Simple, well observed, well acted. Nothing fancy - a tight brief well executed. Seeing Rosamund Pike made me think of Keith. Hope he's doing ok. It's just her and Chris O'Dowd playing a couple going to marriage counselling. Written by Nick Hornby, one series, 10 minutes an episode. Yeah I watched all of these a few years back and really enjoyed it. I love a bit of Hornby to be honest. Quote
westlondonmist Posted February 8 Posted February 8 13 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: State of the Union I really liked this! Simple, well observed, well acted. Nothing fancy - a tight brief well executed. Seeing Rosamund Pike made me think of Keith. Hope he's doing ok. It's just her and Chris O'Dowd playing a couple going to marriage counselling. Written by Nick Hornby, one series, 10 minutes an episode. The second series is good too, although quite different, which lends to the charm. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 10 Paid Members Posted February 10 Small Prophets First episode was on last night and if you were a fan of Detectorists or the Worzel Gummidge re-boot that were also written by Mackenzie Crook then this is for you. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 10 Members Posted February 10 8 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Small Prophets First episode was on last night and if you were a fan of Detectorists or the Worzel Gummidge re-boot that were also written by Mackenzie Crook then this is for you. Yeah I absolutely loved it. I'd usually go on iplayer and watch the lot, but I feel like I want to savour this one. Like Detectorists, it moves at a nice, warm, gentle pace, very much what I'm after. Michael Palin is superb. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 10 Paid Members Posted February 10 21 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Yeah I absolutely loved it. I'd usually go on iplayer and watch the lot, but I feel like I want to savour this one. Like Detectorists, it moves at a nice, warm, gentle pace, very much what I'm after. Michael Palin is superb. I'm the same buddy. I want to watch it week to week rather than binge it, and I also agree about Michael Palin, he is superb, but so far everyone is. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted February 18 Paid Members Posted February 18 Watching Bergerac from the start. Love John Nettles, but he's well shit at acting here. There's a scene in episode 2 where he falls down some stairs and plays it like he's about to k hole. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 19 Posted February 19 Not that I wasn't looking forward to it anyway but this definitely helps. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted February 19 Paid Members Posted February 19 For a second I thought this was the Death thread and my heart was in my mouth. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 19 Paid Members Posted February 19 Robert Carlyle is fucking great. Hamish Macbeth is on iplayer at the minute, well worth a watch. Quote
Dai Posted February 22 Posted February 22 We gave How to get to heaven from Belfast a spin, as its by the person who did Derry Girls and was getting good reviews. No idea how it's getting these good reviews mind, as I thought it was shit. The three leads are insufferable, the supporting cast are all crap, and the story is boring. The ending was awful too. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 22 Paid Members Posted February 22 If you are a Taskmaster fan then give Guy Montgomery's Guy-Mont Spelling Bee a go. It's on iplayer and it has a similar vibe. There are some wonderful rounds of spelling and in one of the episodes there is an act of betrayal that would be better suited to The Traitors. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.