Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 19 Paid Members Posted January 19 A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms - I liked it! Very understated and refreshing after the super grimdark seriousness of House of The Dragon. The main guy is immediately likeable. It's going to be fun getting a little small glimpse of Westeros and to play in that world without the often exhausting and confusing high stakes of the other two shows. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 19 Moderators Posted January 19 Watched the first couple episodes of The Residence. Loved it, right up my street. I know there's a lot of murder mystery stuff about these days but I find it all good fun when it's well executed which this definitely is from what I've seen so far. Loads of great actors in it.. Uzo Aduba is great in the lead of course but am enjoying all the other performances as well - from big names like Isiah Whitlock, Jane Curtin, Ken Marino to loads of others who I either don't know at all or kind of recognise. I wasn't really familiar with Paul Fitzgerald but he is great as the president. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 19 Paid Members Posted January 19 Oh, hadn't heard of that, but looks like a lot of fun, will check it out. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 19 Moderators Posted January 19 Yeah it flew under the radar for me as well until @deathrey posted about it.. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 19 Paid Members Posted January 19 On 1/17/2026 at 11:08 PM, gmoney said: Great stuff, though Goodmonson is genuinely Bob's cat. I guess you could say he made up the name by naming him that. His kid named the cat, and I think it's maybe from them mishearing/misunderstanding the name of a footballer called Gudmundsson? And I think Bill Whitlingham turned out to be real, and I'm sure a couple of the others did too, including Steve Bytheway. Absolutely lost it at Shetland Tony on the most recent one, though. Bob's last couple of appearances hadn't quite lived up to expectations, but that was a return to form. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 19 Moderators Posted January 19 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: His kid named the cat, and I think it's maybe from them mishearing/misunderstanding the name of a footballer called Gudmundsson? Enjoying all this lore, as it's also the name of the protagonist's cat in his book The Long Shoe and I thought it was a weird name but then didn't think much more of it after. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 19 Members Posted January 19 Waiting for the Out In my opinion, the BBC still is the best at this type of drama. Dan is a teacher in prison, introducing them to philosophy and the concepts within. His brother, Dad and uncle have all done time, and the show covers fate, our parental relationships, masculinity etc and it never falls into patronising tones or tropes and it is absolutely superb. Brilliantly written and acted, especially Josh Finan as Dan and Stephen Wright as his brother Lee, the only criticism is (as you would probably expect from a prison set drama) it's so so heavy and oppressive with very little levity, which becomes a bit too much. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted January 19 Posted January 19 55 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Waiting for the Out Brilliantly written and acted, especially Josh Finan as Dan and Stephen Wright as his brother Lee, the only criticism is (as you would probably expect from a prison set drama) it's so so heavy and oppressive with very little levity, which becomes a bit too much. He was brilliant in The Responder. Especially the second series. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted January 22 Posted January 22 On 1/19/2026 at 9:04 AM, LaGoosh said: A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms - I liked it! Very understated and refreshing after the super grimdark seriousness of House of The Dragon. The main guy is immediately likeable. It's going to be fun getting a little small glimpse of Westeros and to play in that world without the often exhausting and confusing high stakes of the other two shows. Kind of reminded me of that weird sense of grim Britishness you get in From Soft games. See Dunk and Egg could be Dark Souls NPC’s. I really liked it. Main character has bags of heart and seems like a good guy. Very un-Thronesy. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted January 25 Posted January 25 (edited) TURNS ON SKYSCRAPER:LIVE 4 Minutes in- “We’ve got Seth ‘Freakin’’ Rollins here” TURNS OFF SKYSCRAPER:LIVE Edited January 25 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 30 Moderators Posted January 30 (edited) Been watching The Kominsky Method. Went in with very low expectations, knowing it was made by Chuck Lorre but it's surprisingly decent. Not amazing by any means, but an easy watch and obviously the acting is good so that elevates it. Paul Reiser turning up was great. Also Jane Seymour's still got it at 74 years of age. Edited January 30 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 1 Moderators Posted February 1 (edited) On 1/30/2026 at 8:15 PM, Chest Rockwell said: Been watching The Kominsky Method. Went in with very low expectations, knowing it was made by Chuck Lorre but it's surprisingly decent. Not amazing by any means, but an easy watch and obviously the acting is good so that elevates it. Paul Reiser turning up was great. Also Jane Seymour's still got it at 74 years of age. Got to season three and the tone shift was really jarring! The humour becomes a lot more broad and silly. All in all though it still finished off the story nicely so was worth watching. I wonder if they had to scramble a bit and lost their way when Alan Arkin died. I dunno. Edited February 1 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 2 Members Posted February 2 Secret Genius on Channel 4. Alan Carr and Susie Dent with a show that has Mensa style based puzzles that contestants have to complete. Nothing more fancy than that, well done, but suffers from showing the puzzle once all the way through and then just snippets of the others doing it. Don't need everyone doing a full go of each puzzle but it seems a bit rushed from that perspective. Anyway, started last night, continues tonight. It's good stuff. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Glad Mock the Week is back. Good to see them poking fun at themselves. Not everyone's cup of tea, granted, but I'm glad they kept the same format as before Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 5 Author Paid Members Posted February 5 There was someone who either used to be on here or is still on here who used to hate Mock the Week with a hilariously psychotic passion. I hope they're having a good day. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.