deathrey Posted January 12 Posted January 12 I've just started watching The Residence, Mr Deathrey loves a whodunit, they aren't generally my thing though. We are about half way through and I'm actually really enjoying it so far. Uzo Adoba is great in it as the detective and I currently have no idea who did it, though part of the reasons I don't like whodunits is the constant guessing who it was - I just like to watch and see how it unfolds. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted January 12 Posted January 12 (edited) 7 hours ago, FLips said: Season 2 has been a lot bolder so far. I think Season 1 is really good but it’s definitely dipping toes in the water to see how Fallout-y they can make it without scaring people off. So far Season 2 has been moving at a much faster pace. I’ve never gotten fully in to the Fallout video game series but it’s impressive how gamey they’ve made the show. It’s a fine line between this and Hoskins Super Mario. Helps massively that Walton Goggins is just on a great run at the moment and Ella Purnell plays the part well. Still, I can’t escape the feeling it’ll get that Nolan stink on it after Westworld let me down and it’ll all be some Total Recall style simulation in the cryo pods come series 3. Edited January 12 by Mr_Danger Quote
wordsfromlee Posted January 12 Posted January 12 I really liked the first season. I thought it had a great balance of game stuff to keep the nerds happy but not too much that it alienates the people who had never played the games. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted January 13 Posted January 13 On 1/10/2026 at 8:07 PM, abucalves said: Anyways The Lowdown is bloody great Six episodes in and I echo this sentiment. What a caper, and Ethan Hawke (and the rest) are fantastic in it. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 14 Members Posted January 14 Great read on Phoenix Nights, one of the best shows of all time. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2026/jan/14/phoenix-nights-25-years-since-peter-kays-record-breaking-tv-comedy-like-no-other You're a berry Jerry. You're Jerry the berry. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 15 Paid Members Posted January 15 Currently halfway through season 2 of The Rehearsal and it may be the most bonkers season of telly ever. Nathan Fielder is a mad genius. There was a bit based around Evanescence that had me in hysterics watching. I don't even know how the human mind comes up with half the stuff he does. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 15 Paid Members Posted January 15 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: There was a bit based around Evanescence that had me in hysterics watching. I don't even know how the human mind comes up with half the stuff he does. The sequence in that episode from the beginning of recreating Sully's life up until the end of the show actually made me giddy how insane and funny it was. Truly one of the best things I've ever seen. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted January 15 Posted January 15 Going back to my early years watching TV and inadvertently watching this programme, this is a great read about how 'Our Friends in The North' came about and aired. Launched the careers of 4 fine actors in Christoper Ecclestone, Mark Strong, Daniel Craig and Gina McKee. https://www.bbc.co.uk/historyofthebbc/friends-north/ Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 15 Members Posted January 15 5 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Going back to my early years watching TV and inadvertently watching this programme, this is a great read about how 'Our Friends in The North' came about and aired. Launched the careers of 4 fine actors in Christoper Ecclestone, Mark Strong, Daniel Craig and Gina McKee. https://www.bbc.co.uk/historyofthebbc/friends-north/ Yeah it's superb. I only watched it for the first time not that long ago, and instantly wanted to watch it again. One of those shows where you've heard so much over the years about it, but it absolutely lives up to the praise. Gina McKee is gorgeous as well, I've always thought so. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 17 Author Paid Members Posted January 17 Not sure where else to put this but someone on YouTube in one of the four good comments ever made on that site has compiled a list of the characters Bob Mortimer has made up on his appearances on Would I Lie To You? Quote Miss Best (neighbour) Ron Waffle and John Caramel (reporters) Bill Whitlingham (teacher) Harry Harriman (friend) Steve Bytheway (friend) Good Monson (cat) Stavva Bagga Neil Overall (Jerry Dungaree’s son) Gary Cheeseman (aka: sniper’s dream) Mavis (the sickly tawny owl) JKeg (Jonathan the brewer) Barbara Lighthouse Broccoli Highkicks (Cambridge professor) Ronnie Omelettes (Housing Officer) Shane Tobacco (F1 manager) Top-Heavy Ken Mary Candles (local witch) Ken Numbers (Ronnie Calculator’s son) Max (Mini horse) Dr King (comedian, gambler, boyfriend of the green Teletubby) Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 Great stuff, though Goodmonson is genuinely Bob's cat. I guess you could say he made up the name by naming him that. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 On his latest appearance, he claims his mate Tony is known as Shetland Tony on account of him being small. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted January 18 Posted January 18 My mates mum cheated on his dad with a bloke called Harry Harrison when we were kids. Now I’m wondering if she was whimsically lying about it because his dad was a cunt. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted January 18 Paid Members Posted January 18 Been rewatching This Country and the court sketch of Kerry and Kurtan makes me full on belly laugh every time. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 19 Members Posted January 19 1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said: Been rewatching This Country and the court sketch of Kerry and Kurtan makes me full on belly laugh every time. The way he describes Martin as looking like a "shaved worm" gets me going. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.