Members SuperBacon Posted November 5, 2025 Members Posted November 5, 2025 Just now, deathrey said: No it's not exclusively 90s acts, it starts in the 90's and goes up to and includes Little Mix - how you can have Little Mix without Girls Aloud I have no idea. Thats strange then. No GA? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted November 5, 2025 Posted November 5, 2025 Wouldn’t they have to license a lot of the early Girls Aloud footage from whoever produced Popstars: The Rivals for ITV? Not unheard of I’m sure and they probably could’ve got around telling the story by mentioning about being “formed as part of a TV show” or even just use still images from one of the image companies, but I don’t think the BBC tend to license footage from other broadcasters unless they absolutely have to Quote
deathrey Posted November 5, 2025 Posted November 5, 2025 34 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Wouldn’t they have to license a lot of the early Girls Aloud footage from whoever produced Popstars: The Rivals for ITV? Not unheard of I’m sure and they probably could’ve got around telling the story by mentioning about being “formed as part of a TV show” or even just use still images from one of the image companies, but I don’t think the BBC tend to license footage from other broadcasters unless they absolutely have to They did for Little Mix though Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted November 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 8, 2025 Hugely loving the latest Taskmaster. Unreasonably attracted to Masie Adams though. Admittedly its not a new thing. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted November 11, 2025 Moderators Posted November 11, 2025 Rinsed through both seasons of Nobody Wants This on Netflix. It definitely falls in to the 'I enjoyed it all but would be hard pressed to recommend it' category. Jonah from Veep is the mvp of the show. Started watching The Girlfriend on Prime. This is good little thriller! I like the gimmick of seeing it from the different characters' perspectives and how it comes together. Well directed by Robin Wright. A good mix of stuff you know is coming but you are excited to see how it happens, mixed with some surprises. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted November 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 11, 2025 The newest episode of The Chair Company is one of the maddest things I think I’ve seen. Absolute chaos from start to finish, and the ending caught me way off guard. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 11, 2025 7 minutes ago, FLips said: The newest episode of The Chair Company is one of the maddest things I think I’ve seen. Absolute chaos from start to finish, and the ending caught me way off guard. The last half of the episode, and the ending in particular had me laughing harder than anything in a long, long time. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted November 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 11, 2025 23 minutes ago, gmoney said: The last half of the episode, and the ending in particular had me laughing harder than anything in a long, long time. It was a perfect storm of bringing up inane shit like Spoiler ID for the cup and the squatter off-handedly and then having it all called back to at once. I was roaring. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted November 11, 2025 Posted November 11, 2025 The first two episodes of Vince Gilligan’s new show Plur1bus are up on Apple. Rhea Seehorn is back for him as the lead in this and without explaining the plot away (it’s definitely better to go in blind although it’s not exactly twisty) it’s such a fascinating concept for a show and I’m excited to see where it goes. Quote
Bruce85 Posted November 11, 2025 Posted November 11, 2025 2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said: The first two episodes of Vince Gilligan’s new show Plur1bus are up on Apple. Rhea Seehorn is back for him as the lead in this and without explaining the plot away (it’s definitely better to go in blind although it’s not exactly twisty) it’s such a fascinating concept for a show and I’m excited to see where it goes. I second this. Watched both episodes last night with no clue what it was about and really enjoyed it. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 14, 2025 Members Posted November 14, 2025 On 10/31/2025 at 5:25 PM, SuperBacon said: Started rewatching Spin City Just made it to the end of Series 4 and what a wonderful watch, I'm so glad I revisited it. @Chest Rockwell you were right, that final episode is absolutely brutal and I bawled the whole way through. I supoose its because you know they are addressing Michael and not Mike and in the final bar scene they all look so upset, and when he said to Caitlyn "I'm gonna bounce back from this. I'm gonna bounce back, right?" I completely lost it. It's hard not to feel that's Michael talking about his Parkinsons, and then him coming out at the end with the audience, oooof. A really hard watch. My only gripe is *SPOILER FOR AN OLD SHOW* Spoiler He didn't end up with Nikki. This whole episode and scene with them was absolutely gorgeous. I've given series 5 an episode and it's just not good and I dunno if I can be arsed to watch 2 series of Charlie Sheen. I probably will though. God bless Spin City, God bless Mike Flaherty and God bless Michael J Fox. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted November 24, 2025 Posted November 24, 2025 The Death of Bunny Monroe. Matt Smith is a shit Don Draper who after the untimely passing of his wife sort of goes on the run with his sweet natured neglected son. No idea how it holds up against the book but I really enjoyed it. It’s really fucking depressing but has humour to carry you through for the most part. Matt Smith is both a charismatic sex machine and has a face for the interesting people to look at thread. He’s also a terrible cunt. He’s one of our better actors. The young lad is really good too. One of Sky’s better efforts. Better than Trollied at least. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted November 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 24, 2025 I have mixed feelings on Pluribus. On one hand, it’s an interesting concept and well-written, on the other, I’ve no idea how it can sustain the intended four seasons. It already feels very slow and at times like nothing much is happening. I still like it, but I’m unsure as to how they can keep ot interesting. The Chair Company is tremendous. One of the strangest things I’ve watched in a while; absolutely hilarious, yet surprisingly tense and heartfelt. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.