Members SuperBacon Posted November 4, 2025 Members Posted November 4, 2025 18 minutes ago, gmoney said: Are you going to watch As If next? I reckon Queer As Folk maybe *Unwatched The Wire stares at me and says sheeeeeyiiiiiiit* On the subject of As If, we all fancied Sooz didn't we? Turns out she joined the navy and then got done for drink driving 5 times over the limit! Would you go to bed with me indeed. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 4, 2025 1 minute ago, SuperBacon said: On the subject of As If, we all fancied Sooz didn't we? Turns out she joined the navy and then got done for drink driving 5 times over the limit! Just been down this exact same rabbit hole. They did a US version as well apparently that lasted 2 episodes before being cancelled and they never aired the rest. I was well into it as a 15 year old. Shame it's not streaming anywhere so I can laugh at it's extreme early 2000s aesthetic. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 4, 2025 Posted November 4, 2025 14 minutes ago, gmoney said: Just been down this exact same rabbit hole. They did a US version as well apparently that lasted 2 episodes before being cancelled and they never aired the rest. I was well into it as a 15 year old. Shame it's not streaming anywhere so I can laugh at it's extreme early 2000s aesthetic. Right. So if you have access to an Indian vpn.. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLizZ_Km1-wkG4_R1BubwffDMjFHm_aAgP&si=s5QT0pYF_IZXcGhd Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 4, 2025 Members Posted November 4, 2025 6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Right. So if you have access to an Indian vpn.. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLizZ_Km1-wkG4_R1BubwffDMjFHm_aAgP&si=s5QT0pYF_IZXcGhd Asif? Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 4, 2025 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: Right. So if you have access to an Indian vpn.. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLizZ_Km1-wkG4_R1BubwffDMjFHm_aAgP&si=s5QT0pYF_IZXcGhd I've watched about 12 minutes. That's enough for me. It was all there, bits to camera, fast cuts, constant soundtrack, Playstation. But yeah, best to keep in the nostalgia tanks. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2025 Girlbands Forever doc on iPlayer about 90s UK girlbands is really good so far. Only seen the first episode, but it's really interesting. Mel Blatt is great. How the fuck did I never notice the Wannabe video is all one shot? I reckon I've seen it over 200 times. Quote
deathrey Posted November 5, 2025 Posted November 5, 2025 I've watched the second episode too but not the third. I did really enjoy it but a little puzzled by the choice in bands - no Girls Aloud who were arguably the second biggest girl band after Spice Girls Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2025 Oh that's weird! What a snub. Quote
deathrey Posted November 5, 2025 Posted November 5, 2025 I know, and it can't be because they refused to be interviewed for it as none of the Spice Girls were. Agreed that Mel Blatt was brilliant on it. I've enjoyed it just as much as the boy band one Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted November 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2025 5 minutes ago, gmoney said: Girlbands Forever doc on iPlayer about 90s UK girlbands is really good so far. Is Naima from Honeyz in it? Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2025 Just now, Bellenda Carlisle said: Is Naima from Honeyz in it? No, and Buffalo G haven't been featured yet either! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 5, 2025 Members Posted November 5, 2025 18 minutes ago, deathrey said: no Girls Aloud Surely they reached out to them and were refused? I find it a bit hard to believe that's a deliberate editorial decision. Thanks for the reminder @gmoney that's tonight's viewing sorted. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted November 5, 2025 Posted November 5, 2025 They weren’t a 90’s act were they? Is it exclusively 90’s acts? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 5, 2025 Members Posted November 5, 2025 9 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: They weren’t a 90’s act were they? Is it exclusively 90’s acts? Of course ffs. Quote
deathrey Posted November 5, 2025 Posted November 5, 2025 (edited) 55 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: They weren’t a 90’s act were they? Is it exclusively 90’s acts? No it's not exclusively 90s acts, it starts in the 90's and goes up to and includes Little Mix - how you can have Little Mix without Girls Aloud I have no idea?! 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: Surely they reached out to them and were refused? I find it a bit hard to believe that's a deliberate editorial decision. Thanks for the reminder @gmoney that's tonight's viewing sorted. The Spice Girls refused, 50% of the first episode is still about them, Girls Aloud could easily have been covered in the same way. In fact there is so much more footage of Girls Aloud being put together that it would have been easier to do. Edited November 5, 2025 by deathrey Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.