CTXRussomark Posted October 5, 2025 Posted October 5, 2025 On 9/29/2025 at 6:44 PM, Mr_Danger said: Wayward. Copper Mae Martin and their preggo wife move to the preggo wife’s home town where Toni Collette runs a school for wayward teens and all is not what it seems. HBO premise and CW execution. Starts off really promising but some of the writing is just outright lazy and repetitive. Toni Collette obviously plays a nutter really well but Mae Martin has no range and is not very good. A pretty easy watch but a lot of wasted potential in this show. Agree with all of this, especially the wasted potential part. Had a really intriguing premise and parts of it were really good, but Mae Martin's character (and her performance in general) was by far the worst part of the show. In fact that entire subplot dragged the whole show down I thought - you could have cut her out completely (I know she wrote the show, so was never going to happen) and not lost much if you made a few tweaks elsewhere. Quote
Shirtie Posted October 22, 2025 Posted October 22, 2025 I have a free Subscription to Apple TV, is there anything worth watching on it? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2025 5 minutes ago, Shirtie said: I have a free Subscription to Apple TV, is there anything worth watching on it? Ted Lasso. Shrinking. I hear The Studio is good too. There’s a lot of good stuff on there, those are 3 more comedic choices (but I highly recommend Lasso, especially the first season), but there is far more quality control on Apple compared to most streaming services. Quote
Shirtie Posted October 22, 2025 Posted October 22, 2025 (edited) 2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Ted Lasso. Shrinking. I hear The Studio is good too. There’s a lot of good stuff on there, those are 3 more comedic choices (but I highly recommend Lasso, especially the first season), but there is far more quality control on Apple compared to most streaming services. Ted Lasso is one I've heard a few times. Thanks ?? Edited October 22, 2025 by Shirtie Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted October 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2025 40 minutes ago, Shirtie said: I have a free Subscription to Apple TV, is there anything worth watching on it? Bad Sisters is great. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted October 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2025 40 minutes ago, Shirtie said: I have a free Subscription to Apple TV, is there anything worth watching on it? Severance, The Studio and Slow Horses have been really enjoyable. Quote
Merzbow Posted October 22, 2025 Posted October 22, 2025 Silo is great yet season 2 is one of the slowest shows of all time, really split the fan base. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted October 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2025 I only watched the first series, but I really enjoyed For All Mankind when I briefly had Apple TV. Definitely seconding Severance - again only watched series one, but it was fantastic. Quote
Merzbow Posted October 22, 2025 Posted October 22, 2025 (edited) 13 minutes ago, BomberPat said: I only watched the first series, but I really enjoyed For All Mankind when I briefly had Apple TV. Definitely seconding Severance - again only watched series one, but it was fantastic. I watched it all and it has it's dips but with each season set in a different decade it's kept interesting enough, it's geopolitics are shit but that's a given I guess. It has a fun take on North Korea though, my fav faction in the entire show. Edited October 22, 2025 by Merzbow Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted October 22, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted October 22, 2025 (edited) 2 hours ago, Merzbow said: I watched it all and it has it's dips but with each season set in a different decade it's kept interesting enough, it's geopolitics are shit but that's a given I guess. It has a fun take on North Korea though, my fav faction in the entire show. I finally caught up on For All Mankind yesterday. I love an alt-history anyway, but I think every season has been excellent in its own way. One of my favourite shows of the last few years and it’d probably sneak its way onto my all time top 20. I’d also say Slow Horses, which is loads of fun, and for a documentary series, I really enjoyed 1971, Asif Kapadia’s show about the different music of that year. And if you liked any of the recent Godzilla/Kong movies, Monarch: Legacy Of Monsters is a decent watch (but won’t change your mind if you didn’t). I like Silo, but mainly because I liked the books it’s based on - I’d possibly find it too slow otherwise. Edited October 22, 2025 by HarmonicGenerator Nolberto Solano Quote
Bruce85 Posted October 22, 2025 Posted October 22, 2025 I had a free Apple TV subscription and thought it it was really good and ended up keeping it. Slow horses, Severance, Ted Lasso, Silo, Hijack, and Disclaimer have been my top watches. Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted October 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2025 Mythic Quest is also really good Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted October 22, 2025 Posted October 22, 2025 The only thing I watched fully on the three months of 99p Apple TV I had was the Beastie Boys Story, which was extremely enjoyable. I managed to watch the first three episodes of Silo and enjoyed them but I'm so crap at watching stuff that the trial ran out before I saw any more. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 22, 2025 Members Posted October 22, 2025 23 minutes ago, Nexus said: Mythic Quest is also really good Hello Rob McElhenney Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted October 22, 2025 Posted October 22, 2025 A series I put on as a 'meh nothing else on' type evening and now am hunting out the rest of the programmes is 'Pilgrimage' where they have 6-8 'celebs' of differing faiths and backgrounds go on a pilgrimage to somewhere holy and meaningful and how they discuss their own faiths and beliefs. Its really eye opening seeing some be themselves rather than their public images. For example the one I got into has Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen on and he's so different and much more 'human' rather than flamboyant and that that he is known for. Even if religion isn't your thing, its still a good history lesson and interesting seeing how different faiths interact and come together Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.