Paid Members gmoney Posted October 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 24, 2025 Watched the first couple of episodes of The Chair Company, Tim Robinson comedy about a guy who goes down a conspiracy rabbit hole after sitting on a chair that falls apart when he sits on it. Genuinely fantastic so far, full of weirdness that tickled the fuck out of me. Big thumbs up. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted October 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 24, 2025 (edited) Yeah it’s immediately up there with my favourite Tim Robinson stuff. Everything I love about his comedy; unhinged but with an undercurrent of warmth and heart he always puts in there despite how insane it is. Spoiler His son hanging that solid plastic detective hat (he’s read about these!) from his bag was so bloody stupid but also made me do an audible “awww” at how sweet it was. The way he perfectly taps into very specific neuroses, self inflicted anxiety and the excruciating nature of mundane day to day interactions when you’re the sort of person who gets into their own head. Spoiler Also he’s so good at concocting those scenarios where he is completely spiralling down some deranged rabbit hole of his own making, except somehow he might just be right and that makes it even funnier. People actually being out to get The Driving Crooner, for example. This has all of that, plus I am genuinely intrigued to know what’s going on. Lastly, Spoiler The whole scene with the guy in the shirt shop had me struggling to breathe. Going to be really hard to stop myself saying “At his LIMIT!” Until people get very sick of hearing it. Edited October 24, 2025 by JLM Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted October 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 24, 2025 (edited) Yes, the scene Spoiler with the guy in the shirt shop was sheer joy. There's no way of explaining exactly what was so funny about it, but obviously a huge part of it was that guys amazing delivery. Also, aside from that, there were so many little bits in those episodes that are going to stay with me Spoiler The janitor paranoid people think he uses his wheelbarrow outside so it's dirty, then being caught using it outside later. They guy innocently blowing bubbles in a work meeting The cowboy hat business you mentioned @JLM "I have the worst pillow in town!" Trying to get info in a cafe about a customer, but it's so hectic and busy it's utter chaos I'm really excited to see the rest. Edited October 24, 2025 by gmoney Quote
Shirtie Posted October 24, 2025 Posted October 24, 2025 Started to watch Ted Lasso... Just realised I've binged 5 episodes... ? Thanks for the recommendations! Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted October 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 26, 2025 @gmoney https://variety.com/2025/tv/news/the-chair-company-interview-jared-lindner-1236556650/ No fucking way. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 28, 2025 Members Posted October 28, 2025 Went to watch something on the iplayer today and there is a new series of Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing! The perfect antidote to the depressing darkness that has just set in. All episodes up, but I think I'd like to savour these. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 31, 2025 Members Posted October 31, 2025 Started rewatching Spin City, which was a part of my Friday night routine when I was younger and we selfishly moved to Kingston so I would spend most Fridays in as a teen. Channel 4 and BBC2 on a Friday were quality. A lovely show, never laugh out loud, but really warm and a cracking support cast around big Mike. Richard Kind, Alan Ruck, Carla Gugino (fit), Connie Britton (well fit) and some good cameos in series 1 (George Wendt, Woody Harrelson and Jennifer Garner so far) and big Hesh! It's also a great premise for a show. I am also patiently waiting for one of my all time crushes, Jennifer Esposito to turn up though. Where is Stacey??? I find it a tough watch at times as Michael J Fox is one of my (as I'm sure most other people my age) heroes and I feel sad knowing he knew he had parkinsons and was keeping it to himself until series 3. I love Mike. Also blitzed through Fawlty Towers following Prunella Scales death. Nothing new, always one of the great comedies. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted October 31, 2025 Moderators Posted October 31, 2025 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: find it a tough watch at times as Michael J Fox is one of my (as I'm sure most other people my age) heroes and I feel sad knowing he knew he had parkinsons and was keeping it to himself until series 3. I love Mike. I think his last episode before he left was the first time a TV show ever made me cry. Prepare to be crushed! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 31, 2025 Members Posted October 31, 2025 9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: I think his last episode before he left was the first time a TV show ever made me cry. Prepare to be crushed! I'm not sure I saw that series when it first aired. I've already cried when *Spoiler for a 30 year old show* Gugino breaks up with him! Quote
Wideload90 Posted November 2, 2025 Posted November 2, 2025 My all time favourite book has been made into a TV series: Leonard and Hungry Paul. The book was initially described to me as a book in which nothing really happens. The TV series proves it wrong and is delightful. If you're into gentle TV without any real bullshit, it'll kill a few hours. One of the leads if from Derry Girls and is fantastic. Charming. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted November 3, 2025 Posted November 3, 2025 I recently watched the first season of Dark Winds. What a great show. It's a 70s-set neo-western crime drama made by AMC. It's about Navajo Police officers, is written by an entirely Native American writer's room and features mostly Native American actors. Zahn McClarnon, who plays the main detective, is absolutely fantastic. I am really looking forward to the next two seasons. Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted November 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 3, 2025 23 hours ago, Wideload90 said: My all time favourite book has been made into a TV series: Leonard and Hungry Paul. The book was initially described to me as a book in which nothing really happens. The TV series proves it wrong and is delightful. If you're into gentle TV without any real bullshit, it'll kill a few hours. One of the leads if from Derry Girls and is fantastic. Charming. It was good! My mum came to visit last week and in an attempt to avoid Christmas movies, we watched the first four episodes of House of Guinness. It was shit. Definitely a choice to have KNEECAP playing over a scene where you are supposed to be sympathising with the Unionists. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted November 3, 2025 Posted November 3, 2025 Film Club Another good Iplayer easy watch romcom series. It’s not groundbreaking and doesn’t offer anything new but it has a ton of heart and Aimee Lou Wood is just incredibly likeable in everything. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 4, 2025 Members Posted November 4, 2025 Been unwell for a few days so on a whim decided to rewatch Teachers, and just finished the first series. Its held up pretty well, but it's incredibly of its time with an XFM soundtrack to boot (never want to hear Jesus Christ by Longpigs again as long as I'm alive) and it hasn't aged as badly as it could've. Andrew Lincoln is really good as Simon (although a lot of his acting is just him going "fooking heeeeeeelllllllll" or "shiiiiiiiiiiittttt" in that elongated way he does) and he's nailed that late 90s/early 00s 'can't be arsed and don't care about my job' vibe, but...he is a massive arsehole. He's a whiny little baby who is pretty awful to everyone that he knows, including lovely Maggie, self absorbed and just a twat generally. I still like him though and I suppose that's mostly Lincolns charisma. Good supporting cast and Brian and Kurt are an all time great comedy duo, and the rest of the teachers are a good addition as well. I'll probably see this through to the end (think last time I tapped out when Simon *SPOILER* leaves) and glad I whacked it on. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 4, 2025 Are you going to watch As If next? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.