Members SuperBacon Posted August 8, 2025 Members Posted August 8, 2025 20 minutes ago, Thunderplex said: Watching that celebrity shark thing on ITV. Not one has suggested punching them in the fucking ear hole. Clearly not shark infested. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted August 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 10, 2025 Really hoping The Paper does well but the trailer isn't filling me with confidence. It's got the original creator behind it but his last effort (Space Force) was absolutely shocking. Did the world really need a spin-off of The Office though? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 10, 2025 Posted August 10, 2025 Definitely don't need it but willing to give it a shot. Rarely get strong first seasons so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. Quote
Dai Posted August 10, 2025 Posted August 10, 2025 Looks a disaster, and a sure 'one season and cancelation' deal. The Office comparisons will do way more harm than good, and I dont think it has a chance of being successful. Speaking of 'one season and cancelation', then that Destination X on BBC is another sure fire example of that. Must cost many times more than what The Traiors does, and probably has 2% of the buzz it gets. A fundamentally flawed show, where they go to all of these amazing destinations and you dont really see them at all. Not exactly a hot take because it wins lots of awards, but have just finished Hacks and its phenominal. The lead actress will be winning all the awards again this year for sure, and rightly so. Amazing characters, great scenery, and really well done stories, it has it all. The late night talk show story, considering whats happened in real life, was some amazing timing. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 10, 2025 1 hour ago, Dai said: Speaking of 'one season and cancelation', then that Destination X on BBC is another sure fire example of that. Must cost many times more than what The Traiors does, and probably has 2% of the buzz it gets. A fundamentally flawed show, where they go to all of these amazing destinations and you dont really see them at all. I’ve been enjoying it tbf, but the last two destinations have been so easy. They need to move out of that little block of countries. Nick is an absolute cunt but playing it how I would. Sick of the cabbie blubbering. There’s been a few shows spread over the main five channels trying to replicate that magic The Traitors has. I’d say this has been the best of the bunch tbh. Quote
Dai Posted August 11, 2025 Posted August 11, 2025 Considering that Wednesday is one of the big TV shows of the year, the CGI in Ep 4 and Spoiler Joanna Lumley's American accent were more BBC afternoon TV show quality, rather than global TV super hit. The two times theyve used CGI have been abysmal. Not far off The Rock Scorpian King level of realness when they were moving on all 4's. Quote
Merzbow Posted August 11, 2025 Posted August 11, 2025 (edited) It's becoming more common in even big budget shows and films, truly terrible and cheap looking CGI.. even early CGI was often better as it was crafted by actual artists rather than being farmed out as cheaply as possible. Wait till they're all doing it for free via AI. Edited August 11, 2025 by Merzbow Quote
Merzbow Posted August 13, 2025 Posted August 13, 2025 One episode in to Alien Earth.. so far Noah Hawley has made Alien at least interesting again, I'll hold off truly calling it good until the end but yeah a very solid start. Quote
Chili Posted August 14, 2025 Posted August 14, 2025 Found a playlist with every episode of Londons Burning. I watched it with the parents as a kid (though I reckon that was more on me wanting to stay up later on the night before school). I remember a few of the actors in it (especially the late and very good James Hazeldine) but I couldn't remember anything that happened in it ever. Going to see if it was actually any good. It probably will be. There's no way it's as patchy as Heartbeat or late stage The Bill. Probably one for the dull men's club thread on reflection this one. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted August 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 15, 2025 Chili's got school in the morning. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted August 15, 2025 Moderators Posted August 15, 2025 Been enjoying Stick on AppleTv. Owen Wilson is a washed up ex golfer, Marc Maron is his friend and ex caddy. He meets a young golfing prodigy to mentor and dramedy ensures. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted August 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 16, 2025 Been watching Season 6 of the Simpsons (I just stuck an episode on at random and carried on from there) and I forgot how much I love classic Simpsons. Nearly every episode is brilliant. Funny, quotable, full of heart and soul. I tried a couple of the newer episodes and it's actually criminal how lazy they are. Poor Marge sounds on death's door. Quote
sivy Posted August 20, 2025 Posted August 20, 2025 On 8/14/2025 at 10:01 PM, Chili said: Found a playlist with every episode of Londons Burning. I watched it with the parents as a kid (though I reckon that was more on me wanting to stay up later on the night before school). I remember a few of the actors in it (especially the late and very good James Hazeldine) but I couldn't remember anything that happened in it ever. Going to see if it was actually any good. It probably will be. There's no way it's as patchy as Heartbeat or late stage The Bill. Probably one for the dull men's club thread on reflection this one. Cause you mentioned it on here, I went down the rabbit hole on London burning. It's an easy watch. Simple storylines, like old school bill before the beech clear out. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 21, 2025 Posted August 21, 2025 While I remember The Bill inside out, I really don't remember much about London's Burning either. Not sure if I ever watched it to be honest. Definitely going on my things to do list! Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted August 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 21, 2025 It's fucking shit. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.