TAFKA Jonny Vegas Posted April 6 Posted April 6 On 4/2/2026 at 9:15 PM, SuperBacon said: Race Across the World aka the best show on TV is back on. The young scouse lads to win it. The wife and I have just finished S5 on a very delayed "catch up". Spoilers averted for anyone who may also be well behind - we were devastated at the winners. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 6 Members Posted April 6 30 minutes ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said: The wife and I have just finished S5 on a very delayed "catch up". Spoilers averted for anyone who may also be well behind - we were devastated at the winners. Was not a fan of them at the start, but thought they were genuinely deserving winners to be honest. They all were, but I felt those two grew in the race and it made me really emotional at times. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 8 Paid Members Posted April 8 The Assembly is back and first up for the neuro diverse grilling was Stephen Fry. I'm not going to spoil it, other than to say that it turns out Stephen likes Roman Reigns, but he is not his favourite wrestler. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 10 Members Posted April 10 New series of First Dates. Absolutely superb as always and I cried as always. I honestly think it's my favourite show. I'd like to apply, but only if I get to take CiCi the waitress on a date if that's possible. Quote
SoloJones Posted April 10 Posted April 10 Rooster on Now TV is good fun so far, with the same sort of vibe as Shrinking and Ted Lasso. Steve Carell as the lead, but John C McGinley has a strong part in it as well. Nothing overly groundbreaking but there's so good laughs in it. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted April 13 Paid Members Posted April 13 I made it to the end of Last One Laughing UK. Quite enjoyed the first series but thought the second was pretty awful honestly. The format seems really stale already and the second series fell into 'people doing a bunch of unfunny boring improv' really quickly. They also had to change the rules during series two as both Sam Campbell and David Mitchell wouldn't budge, and it seems far too early into its lifespan to be having to change thing on the fly. I feel it would be a much better show if the eliminated comedians got to stay in the room and carry on playing with the caveat that they're now free to laugh, making it much more difficult for those left in the game. Jimmy Carr can fuck off, he's awful. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 19 Posted April 19 Season 3 of The Capture.. it's one of the sillier "serious" BBC cop dramas with lots of twists around AI and DeepFakes and this season goes even more down the deep end with how daft it is but I can't help but really enjoy it, while very unbelievable at times to anyone with basic computer knowledge it sure knows how to be gripping. A million times better than any Black Mirror *Technology-But-Bad* episode and Holliday Grainger is very easy to watch.. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 22 Posted April 22 Didn't know what to watch on the way to Vegas but they had The Chair Company on the flight and I vaguely remembered it being mentioned on here. Watched the whole thing. Still thinking about it now! Absolutely fucking phenomenal. Watched Task on the way back. Obviously not as good as TCC but thought it was a solid drama with a great cast. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 10 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Didn't know what to watch on the way to Vegas but they had The Chair Company on the flight and I vaguely remembered it being mentioned on here. Watched the whole thing. Still thinking about it now! Absolutely fucking phenomenal. Watched Task on the way back. Obviously not as good as TCC but thought it was a solid drama with a great cast. They showed The Chair Company on your flight? Even “that” scene? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 22 Posted April 22 9 minutes ago, FLips said: They showed The Chair Company on your flight? Even “that” scene? Yeah they had a selection of HBO Max stuff. I had no idea what I was about to experience. Loved it. Cant imagine what the person behind me thought if they caught some of it though. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 26 Posted April 26 On 4/4/2026 at 12:50 PM, Merzbow said: For All Mankind is back with another season on Apple TV, finally hitting the 2010's. For as dumb as it can be, especially with it's politics I do still really enjoy it. Ok, wow. This season might be my fav yet, I can see it being divisive as it's really brought the pace down to a crawl that rivals Silo but I'm loving it. Major spoilers: Spoiler The way they handled Ed's death was beautifully done, I got really choked up during his last episode. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted April 27 Paid Members Posted April 27 (edited) Watching the first episode of Mindhunters on Netflix. It seems... a bit shit? The acting feels like the scenes in Korean movies with English language actors. Everything is just off slightly, the scene where the lead and the woman are at a gig felt so weird I thought it was green-screened for bit. Does it get better? Edited April 27 by gmoney Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted April 27 Paid Members Posted April 27 I gave up after two episodes. I just couldn’t get into it. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 27 Paid Members Posted April 27 On 4/26/2026 at 9:01 PM, Merzbow said: Ok, wow. This season might be my fav yet, I can see it being divisive as it's really brought the pace down to a crawl that rivals Silo but I'm loving it. Major spoilers: Reveal hidden contents The way they handled Ed's death was beautifully done, I got really choked up during his last episode. I've abandoned it at the point you mentioned. I'd never heard anyone talk about this show and just found it earlier this year, devoured the lot in a couple of weeks. Incredible premise and the first three seasons where nations are chasing something each series, with excellent recurring characters was utterly gripping. Once it was clear there was no progress being made in series 4 I was worried. And I think I'm done with 5 now. I absolutely loved it when there was a scientific pursuit with all the egos battling. Now it's... a bit pointless? Granted they can't be aiming for Tau Ceti in this series but it's lacking drive. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 28 Posted April 28 22 hours ago, gmoney said: Watching the first episode of Mindhunters on Netflix. It seems... a bit shit? The acting feels like the scenes in Korean movies with English language actors. Everything is just off slightly, the scene where the lead and the woman are at a gig felt so weird I thought it was green-screened for bit. Does it get better? Watched it a couple of years ago. Overall it’s fine but like with a lot of shows over the last 10-15 years, it’s nowhere as good as people seem to think it is. I wouldn’t have felt like I’d missed out if I hadn’t watched it Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.