Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 7, 2025 Moderators Posted May 7, 2025 I'd never seen Colman Domingo in anything before.. he has an amazing voice! One for the listening equivalent to the pleasing to look at thread. Quote
deathrey Posted May 7, 2025 Posted May 7, 2025 (edited) I really enjoyed the Four Seasons too. The only bit I didn't like was that I felt the funeral section was a little farcical but other than that I thought it was really well acted and written I intended to watch one episode a night by ended up watching 3 in one go until I finished it a couple of nights later. I would love a second season though it works well as a stand alone. Did you say it was based on a film @Chest Rockwell? May have to check that out Edited May 7, 2025 by deathrey Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 9, 2025 Just finished Good American Family. For anyone who’s followed the real Natalia Grace saga through the shows on Discovery, casting Christina Hendricks as Cynthia Mans was…. a choice. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 9, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted May 9, 2025 I'm enjoying the first Covid Taskmaster. Johnny Vegas an obvious highlight but it's a great all-round line-up. They're all endearingly rubbish at everything. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 9, 2025 Still loving John Mulaney's Netflix show. They're counting down to the last show of the series in a couple of weeks, where John will fight three fourteen year old boys. Quote
King Coconut Posted May 10, 2025 Posted May 10, 2025 12 hours ago, gmoney said: Still loving John Mulaney's Netflix show. They're counting down to the last show of the series in a couple of weeks, where John will fight three fourteen year old boys. All together or one at a time? Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 10, 2025 I believe it will be all together, but now you say that, I'm not sure it's been clarified. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 10, 2025 On 5/5/2025 at 8:09 PM, ReturnOfTheMack said: 2 of my nieces think that I am very like John Kearns. I asked if by actions or looks and was told 'just a general youness to him' Live the gimmick and send them their birthday money via BACS. I love John Kearns, but there seems to be a hoodoo. I've only managed to see him live once. Every other time I've had tickets something has happened to prevent me going. Thinking of buying tickets to his Ball and Boe show knowing that I'll break my leg/car will catch fire/theatre will be swallowed by a sinkhole the morning of the performance. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 11, 2025 (edited) On 5/1/2025 at 7:34 PM, wordsfromlee said: The Assembly I watched the David Tennant episode... I've binged 3 of these today. Tennant getting rinsed for his sweatshirt goes down as a televisual highlight of the year. As others have mentioned I've also changed my opinion on Dyer, I always thought he was a prick but there's definitely something there underneath the geezer persona. Dancing to Nessun Dorma on Lineker's one had me welling up. One of the best things I've ever seen ITV do. It doesn't entirely balance out inflicting Britain's Got Talent on me, but I'd definitely offer them a reduced sentence. Edited May 11, 2025 by johnnyboy Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 11, 2025 Posted May 11, 2025 1 hour ago, johnnyboy said: I've binged 3 of these today. Tennant getting rinsed for his sweatshirt goes down as a televisual highlight of the year. Although him completely dodging the question about Neil Gaiman and not answering it was a bit of a dickhead move. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 12, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted May 12, 2025 Finished the first Covid Taskmaster. All of them were really good, Katherine Parkinson amusingly terrible at everything and getting emotional when she finally got a 5 points was great. Just started the next one and aside from Lee Mack (ugh) I don't think I know any of this lot, so we'll see. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 12, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted May 12, 2025 20 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Finished the first Covid Taskmaster. All of them were really good, Katherine Parkinson amusingly terrible at everything and getting emotional when she finally got a 5 points was great. Just started the next one and aside from Lee Mack (ugh) I don't think I know any of this lot, so we'll see. If I remember correctly, that’s the one with Charlotte Ritchie, who is lovely, and Mike Wozniak, who I hadn’t heard of beforehand but ended the series as my favourite. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted May 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 12, 2025 3 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: If I remember correctly, that’s the one with Charlotte Ritchie, who is lovely, and Mike Wozniak, who I hadn’t heard of beforehand but ended the series as my favourite. 'Absolute casserole' has entered the family lexicon. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 12, 2025 Posted May 12, 2025 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: Finished the first Covid Taskmaster. All of them were really good, Katherine Parkinson amusingly terrible at everything and getting emotional when she finally got a 5 points was great. My favourite bit of that series is just how much Daisy May Cooper absolutely despises Richard Herring and isn’t afraid to show it. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 12, 2025 2 hours ago, Onyx2 said: 'Absolute casserole' has entered the family lexicon. This and "It's tough guy time" for us. Wozniak is a revelation in this. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.