Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 1, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted April 1, 2025 Three episodes into Taskmaster series 5 and I have to say that in an otherwise stellar line-up that it's really unfortunate that Nish Kumar is in it, as he's extremely irritating and spoiling the whole thing. Quote
Liam O'Rourke Posted April 1, 2025 Posted April 1, 2025 (edited) Saw this on F4W and couldn't help but think of Bob and laugh. So much so that I had to make an improvement. Edited April 1, 2025 by Liam O'Rourke Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted April 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 2, 2025 (edited) Baby Billy constantly getting his knob out on the Righteous Gemstones is just cracking me up. Love this show. Edited April 2, 2025 by Thunderplex Old age Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 3, 2025 Members Posted April 3, 2025 Series 2 of The Rehearsal. Cannot wait. Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 Brad Douriff on the Pitt has made my week. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 4, 2025 Members Posted April 4, 2025 6 minutes ago, Thunderplex said: Brad Douriff on the Pitt has made my week. Is this worth watching? Alan Sepinwall (really great TV critic/writer) is really high on it and I might give it a go. Quote
deathrey Posted April 4, 2025 Posted April 4, 2025 How are you watching The Pitt @Thunderplex? I really want to watch it but last I heard, Sky's deal to air it had fallen through Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 4 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Is this worth watching? Alan Sepinwall (really great TV critic/writer) is really high on it and I might give it a go. It’s one of the best medical shows I’ve seen in years. Highly recommended. 2 hours ago, deathrey said: How are you watching The Pitt @Thunderplex? I really want to watch it but last I heard, Sky's deal to air it had fallen through A firestick and Cinema HD help with shows like this! Quote
Merzbow Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 If you're not feeling Yellowjackets as much this season, I'm not although it's gotten better as it goes along, there's a treasure trove of amazing cast videos right now to make up for it. Plus any excuse to hear Melanie's real Kiwi accent.. Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted April 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 6, 2025 Pulse, the new medical show on Netflix is a bucket of shit. Very dislikable characters, too much time jumping and shite CGI. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 10, 2025 I've just finished Severance, watched from start to finish in a couple of weeks. And I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. It's incredibly well made. Like, top tier production design, acting, cinematography... And built on a brilliant premise I can't believe hasn't been dealt with yet. And yet I'm left feeling like I'm not quite getting it. Spoiler Why does Lumon have Gemma? What's so important about #25 and Cold Harbour? Why are they so surprised she can dismantle the cot dispassionately but Dylan can be oblivious to his wife? What is Lumon trying to do? So what if Harmony had a bunch of designs? Why is it so appealing to work there for Milchick and others? What's the goat thing about? Is this a LOST thing, I should just enjoy the ride? And as it got towards the end of series 2 it was so self indulgent. S2E8 was reviewed excellently (for once) on IMDB as "should've been an email" and great swathes of the finale could've been truncated or cut completely with no loss. I know I'm watching greatness, I just don't feel it. Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted April 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 10, 2025 I feel similarly. It's very well made, and there are parts of it I really love, but as a complete package it falls flat. I think that it's really harmed by the modern TV format. That what this needs to be is a LOST-style classic network show with a shitload of episodes a season that let them play with all the characters and scenarios they created. Instead they set up a lot of interesting things, but they don't really have time to do proper payoffs outside of the main plot/characters and so side characters get left unexplored, or just have to disappear for a bit to make space. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 10, 2025 5 minutes ago, Jesse said: what this needs to be is a LOST-style classic network show I was thinking exactly the same, though I'm sure we'd all be complaining about the episode where Mark S gets a tattoo. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.