Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted March 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2025 42 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: I’m currently on my…approximately 30th rewatch of the whole show. It’s absolutely become my comfort watch. Absolutely this. I watch them so often it's what led my wife to convince me to get the autism diagnosis. ? Melon Buffet, Bastards Crying Innit, and Showing Love, still all make me laugh. Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted March 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2025 2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: I've started watching Taskmaster and I just started series 3, which is already my favourite after one episode due to Paul Chowdhry's depressed snow rabbit. And Rob Beckett's Swede. Season 7 is my favourite, I've rematched it a few times now. The best blend of contestants I've seen yet. Quote
Dai Posted March 19, 2025 Posted March 19, 2025 (edited) Its depressing watching the first few seasons of Taskmaster which had so many great guests but only 5 or 6 episodes. Those seasons feel so short. There should definately be a season where they bring back a load of those people. Dont think anyone would complain if a Frank Skinner or Josh Widdicome had another crack at it. Edit: Also, for some reason we have watched a show called Boarders on iPlayer. Its crap, so dont bother. Edited March 19, 2025 by Dai Quote
wordsfromlee Posted March 19, 2025 Posted March 19, 2025 4 minutes ago, Dai said: Its depressing watching the first few seasons of Taskmaster which had so many great guests but only 5 or 6 episodes. Those seasons feel so short. There should definately be a season where they bring back a load of those people. Dont think anyone would complain if a Frank Skinner or Josh Widdicome had another crack at it. Josh did have another go on Champion of Champions. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2025 8 minutes ago, Dai said: Its depressing watching the first few seasons of Taskmaster which had so many great guests but only 5 or 6 episodes. Those seasons feel so short. There should definately be a season where they bring back a load of those people. Dont think anyone would complain if a Frank Skinner or Josh Widdicome had another crack at it. Edit: Also, for some reason we have watched a show called Boarders on iPlayer. Its crap, so dont bother. Dave Gorman says he has only done half a series so his score isn't finished and shouldn't be counted. It would just give him more episodes to cheat in. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted March 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2025 (edited) On 3/19/2025 at 6:22 PM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: The bastards crying innit. Incredibly jealous you got there before me. I say this line far too often in the house. And season 3 is maybe a mid tier season? Dev has so much goodness to come. Taskmaster code is 9, 7, 17, 14, 2, 15, 16, 1, 11, 5, 18, 3, 4, 6, 13, 12, 10, 8 obviously. Edited April 10, 2025 by Onyx2 Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted March 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2025 Rosalind is a fucking nightmare still pops into my head randomly years later. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted March 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2025 9 minutes ago, FLips said: Rosalind is a fucking nightmare still pops into my head randomly years later. Only this morning for me. The other song too is a banger. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2025 (edited) 13 minutes ago, FLips said: Rosalind is a fucking nightmare still pops into my head randomly years later. I often tell my sister that she can jump quite far for a woman of her age. I don't think there is a Taskmaster order @Onyx2 because it really depends on personal taste to the whether you like the comedian or not. Edited March 19, 2025 by Lion_of_the_Midlands A drive by in the pennyfield area. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted March 19, 2025 Posted March 19, 2025 Whichever series had James Acaster and Jessica Knappett on is my favourite. The beauty of the show is making usually insufferable comedians (Russell Howard, Jo Brand) highly entertaining. I’ve tried the New Zealand version and it was dreadful. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2025 (edited) 1 minute ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: I’ve tried the New Zealand version and it was dreadful. Series 1 is hard work of TMNZ but series 2 is one of the best series of Taskmaster anywhere. Edited March 19, 2025 by Lion_of_the_Midlands Rumplestiltskin ripping himself in half. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted March 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2025 10 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: I often tell my sister that she can jump quite far for a woman of her age. I don't think there is a Taskmaster order @Onyx2 because it really depends on personal taste to the whether you like the comedian or not. That's why my order is right ? 7 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: Whichever series had James Acaster and Jessica Knappett on is my favourite. The beauty of the show is making usually insufferable comedians (Russell Howard, Jo Brand) highly entertaining. I’ve tried the New Zealand version and it was dreadful. Like Lion said, TMNZ series 2 is incredible. David Correos... Woah. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 19, 2025 Moderators Posted March 19, 2025 51 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: The beauty of the show is making usually insufferable comedians (Russell Howard, Jo Brand) highly entertaining. For sure. First time I've liked David Baddiel was on Task Master. And that is coming from someone who has seen a lot of him, because I really like Frank Skinner... Quote
Bruce85 Posted March 19, 2025 Posted March 19, 2025 Just watched the first 3 episodes of adolescence. Christ that 3rd episode was something else, genuinely got to take a break before watching the next one. Going to watch Paul Chowdhry have some fun on a bouncy castle to lighten the mood. Quote
Dai Posted March 19, 2025 Posted March 19, 2025 TMNZ S2 is of course legendary, but S4 and S5 are definitely worth a watch too. To be fair to both the New Zealand and Australia Taskmasters and Assistants, it should be a case of 'theyre awful and not a patch on Alex and Greg', but I think both pairs are really good. On a side note, I met Rhod Gilbert at Bristol Airport last month and got talking about Taskmaster. He also rang Greg right there and then for us to try and talk to him, which was insanely cool of him to do. Greg never picked up though unfortunately. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.