wordsfromlee Posted March 13, 2025 Posted March 13, 2025 17 minutes ago, Merzbow said: For a second I thought this was "The things you know will be shit" thread, I bet four of the six are tech but it's bad episodes. Isn't that every single episode? Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted March 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2025 I mean that is what the show is. The clue is in the name. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted March 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2025 Just watched Stags, on Paramount Plus. I was a bit drunk last night and wanted a new comedy to watch, saw it had Asim Choudry in it, and the read up seemed like it could be in the vein of Men Behaving Badly. It bloody well wasn't! It was more like Prison Break through a sardonic British lense. I very much enjoyed it. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 15, 2025 Posted March 15, 2025 I'm glad I stuck with Yellowjackets because this episode was something else, Sophie Thatcher had me choked up by the end. It's been slowly picking up if a little messy but this one hit everything just right. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 15, 2025 Posted March 15, 2025 Just finished Monk after only watching it randomly when it was actually on. I'd started watching it on Netflix some time last year after I was struggling to find something I was in the mood for, and really just needed a light easy watch that I didn't need to think too much about. It quickly became my go-to when I was feeling down or tired. And then Netflix said it was leaving on 14th March so I basically had to panic watch the last couple of seasons over the past few weeks. I finished it at 11.45pm last night, sat on my sofa bawling my eyes out to Randy Newman (not for the first time in my life) and now I feel a bit lost really. Got a couple of Severance and Yellowjackets episodes to catch up on but I'm going to need to find a new comfort show now. Overall I thought Monk was a wonderful show. Loved the dynamic between the cast and Tony Shalhoub was exceptional. Yeah it got a bit repetitive sometimes, especially with the Trudy stuff, but I related to that. I know how grief can impact you long term and it gave the show an extra sense of realness to me. Especially when Adrian was so utterly frustrating and unlikeable in some episodes. It was the perfect way of showing his struggles. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 15, 2025 Adolescence on Netflix is well worth watching. It’s only four episodes, but it’s absolutely outstanding. I’m still thinking about the ending after finishing it last night. It’s heavy going and heartbreaking, and features some incredible performances - particularly from the young guy who plays Jamie, who is the focus of the show. But really, everyone is great. If this doesn’t sweep up come awards season, I’d be very surprised. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 15, 2025 Members Posted March 15, 2025 1 minute ago, RedTwoster said: Adolescence on Netflix is well worth watching. It’s only four episodes, but it’s absolutely outstanding. I’m still thinking about the ending after finishing it last night. It’s heavy going and heartbreaking, and features some incredible performances - particularly from the young guy who plays Jamie, who is the focus of the show. But really, everyone is great. If this doesn’t sweep up come awards season, I’d be very surprised. Is this the one that's all filmed in one take? Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 15, 2025 3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Is this the one that's all filmed in one take? It is Rashers and I agree with TwosterBooster 100% Brilliantly heartbreaking. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 15, 2025 (edited) 10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Is this the one that's all filmed in one take? Yes, and it’s so good that you forget about that very quickly and get immersed in the story. It’s absolutely incredible and as I’ve said, the boy who plays Jamie delivers what is - as far as I can think - the best performance I’ve ever seen from a child actor. Edited March 15, 2025 by RedTwoster Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 15, 2025 Shit, I forgot Monk was leaving Netflix. I've left it half watched. It's a fun show, but it does get repetitive. Also, my enjoyment was a bit impaired when I found out how the studio treated Bitty Schram. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted March 15, 2025 Posted March 15, 2025 Three quarters of the way through Adolescence (will watch the finale shortly) and, yes, it is absolutely fucking brilliant and should be up for every award going. Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted March 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 15, 2025 Adolescence was so well acted. It's heartbreaking, but it's oh so real. Episode 3 in particular was simultaneously amazing and harrowing. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 16, 2025 16 hours ago, Nexus said: Adolescence was so well acted. It's heartbreaking, but it's oh so real. Episode 3 in particular was simultaneously amazing and harrowing. Not that there was any bad episode but I agree, episode 3 was extraordinary and was the most contained in location. I find things filmed in one take (or at least appear to be) fascinating, but you need the story and performances there to make it work and this did. Not a bad turn throughout and it was devastating. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted March 16, 2025 Posted March 16, 2025 19 hours ago, RedTwoster said: Yes, and it’s so good that you forget about that very quickly and get immersed in the story. It’s absolutely incredible and as I’ve said, the boy who plays Jamie delivers what is - as far as I can think - the best performance I’ve ever seen from a child actor. His first time ever acting too. Quote
NeverYield Posted March 16, 2025 Posted March 16, 2025 Got to agree on the Adolescence comments, heavy going and a great watch, couldlnt believe the lad who was playing Jamie had never had a role before, what a debut. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.