Paid Members Onyx2 Posted February 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 14, 2025 Mitchell and Webb are making a new sketch show, with a great supporting cast and crew. Should be a good one. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted February 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 14, 2025 11 hours ago, Mr_Danger said: Is the tv show to the book what The Wire was to The Corner? Although I suppose The Corner would be that show too. Sort of. At least as much of the book makes it into The Wire as made it into Homicide. 100% worth a read either way, though. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 14, 2025 Posted February 14, 2025 No biggy but something that has been annoying me for a while - Apple TV now has an Android app. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 14, 2025 Moderators Posted February 14, 2025 Oh brilliant. I'm really pleased about that. That's a big deal for me! Quote
Mr_Danger Posted February 20, 2025 Posted February 20, 2025 Young Sheldon. It’s obviously not good but it has Bill Ponderosa and Janine off Ghostbusters is banging Wallace Shawn and Craig T. Nelson. That’s a serviceable shitcom in anyone’s book. Also I’m pretty sure the lad with Texas Tornado hair is turning in to Patrick Swayze. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 20, 2025 Members Posted February 20, 2025 For reasons only known to me, on the bus home on Monday all I could think of was the lock in episode of Men Behaving Badly, got home and stuck it on after seeing it on Prime. Still excellent ("BED? BEDS FOR SLEEPY PEOPLE!") so watched a couple more random episodes. Then noticed it was leaving Prime in a few days so thought sod it and went back and watched the lot (not series 1 as I'm not that mental) and due to a combination of laziness and illness have blitzed the lot in a couple of days. I think I might have rewatched it all in lockdown (probably wrote about it on here as well) and well, it hasn't aged anywhere near as horribly as everyone thinks it has. Sure there is some language and topics that people probably wouldn't approach these days (very different to "Wouldn't get away with that now?") but honestly no more than most programmes of the time and you can see why it's held up as a beacon of '90s laddishness' but I feel that's slightly unfair and lazy. Also, Gary and Tony are massive nobs. You're not supposed to be siding with them IMO. Anyway some brilliant episodes (the lock in, Dorothy has her appendix out, they go raving, Tony's tattoo) and the performances are spot on as well. An enjoyable rewatch, and leaves Prime in a week or so if you also want to get a goodbye gherkin. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 20, 2025 I think it's always pretty clear that they're cunts and you don't often side with them when they're being dicks. The casting of Neil Morrissey only helps you in this regard. It's a funny one for me. I did rewatch them about 10 years ago now, and enjoyed it more than I thought I would, the stuff with Martin Clunes and Caroline Quentine really holds up, as well as Gary's workplace, but i had less and less time for Neil Morrissey and Leslie Ash's parts of the show. Particularly later on when he's a postman or something, just complete "we've run out of ideas" stuff. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 20, 2025 Members Posted February 20, 2025 18 minutes ago, gmoney said: Particularly later on when he's a postman or something, just complete "we've run out of ideas" stuff. Absolutely. Small mercies that the last "series" was just 3 episodes as you could tell it had run out of steam. Quote
Merzbow Posted February 20, 2025 Posted February 20, 2025 Has anyone seen The Booth at the End? It seems impossible to find a good quality copy to watch anywhere but looks like a show I'd really dig. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 20, 2025 Posted February 20, 2025 18 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Has anyone seen The Booth at the End? It seems impossible to find a good quality copy to watch anywhere but looks like a show I'd really dig. I watched it on Amazon a while back. I enjoyed it. Looks like the rights have expired now. Check Daily Motion - seems to be a good few results on there although not sure if full episodes ? Quote
Merzbow Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 I'm not sure pushing Yellowjackets this far past it's original story is working, the current season feels like it's just coasting without any real ideas and I'm sure Juliette Lewis pulling out has made things tougher, too. The overall feel if the show is all off, too, it's cheap and not the big bit of prestige TV it started as, far too much fandom bait going on. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 19 minutes ago, Merzbow said: I'm not sure pushing Yellowjackets this far past it's original story is working, the current season feels like it's just coasting without any real ideas and I'm sure Juliette Lewis pulling out has made things tougher, too. The overall feel if the show is all off, too, it's cheap and not the big bit of prestige TV it started as, far too much fandom bait going on. It's definitely one I'm just watching because I don't really give up on things. Which is a shame as I genuinely loved the first season and the second was pretty decent too. But now I'm just like yeah fine let's get through this. Quote
Merzbow Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 I think it's the final season for sure this time so I'll carry on till the end, the cast is still one of the best around so it's worth it just to see them. I do find it funny how random new girls have just appeared in the woods though, not even in a cool storyline way.. we're just supposed to believe they were always there. Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted February 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 22, 2025 (edited) Severance continues to be superb. Spoiler I really want a big melon head, and I don’t even like melon. Edited February 22, 2025 by Scratch Quote
Merzbow Posted February 24, 2025 Posted February 24, 2025 Dope Girls, it's getting a bit of a kicking and really is absurdly daft but I'm enjoying it. What's better than hot women doing crime? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.