organizedkaos Posted December 17, 2024 Posted December 17, 2024 Mrs Davis is excellent times if you're on it's wavelength (giant live action cartoon that's extremely concerned with what God is?). Just an incredibly unique wild thing anchored by Betty Gilpin being a very good actor. Maybe it has a couple diversions too many but I think it mostly holds together as an incredibly interesting story. Incredibly playful yet striving for all sorts of depth. I do like that Lindelof seems to have figured the right balance of mystery and resolution. There's a lot going on in Mrs Davis but it mostly all fits together pretty well by the end. I did like Lindelof literally trying to explain Spoiler Jesus Christ like he would any other TV mystery in the context of a shows rules and ideas, that felt a real "look how far I've come" since Lost Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted December 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 17, 2024 (edited) Wolf Hall - The Mirror and the Light. Finished this now. Just fantastic. Complete telly perfection. Mark Rylance is so good, Damien Lewis so much better here than anything I've seen him in before. Day of the Jackal. This veered off the tracks a couple of times, but for the most part it was very enjoyable. It bears almost no resemblance to the film, so you can safely treat it as a completely separate entity. Dune: Prophecy. What a boring, miserable society. This TV show isn't very good either. Edited December 17, 2024 by gmoney Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 17, 2024 Posted December 17, 2024 20 minutes ago, gmoney said: Wolf Hall - The Mirror and the Light. Finished this now. Just fantastic. Complete telly perfection. Mark Rylance is so good Almost good enough to make me forgive him for being in Bing. Almost. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 17, 2024 Members Posted December 17, 2024 The first two series of Braquo have been added to Prime. I cannot recommend this show enough if you like violent French crime dramas, it's one of my favourites of all time. One of those shows that I will tell everyone to watch and I'm sure I put it in that great "hidden gems" thread we had but I can't find it. Watch it! Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 18, 2024 Posted December 18, 2024 My kids have been watching Knuckles before Sonic 3 comes out. Dunno if anyone's seen it but episode 4 is one of the weirdest most amazing things I've seen all year. Quote
westlondonmist Posted December 20, 2024 Posted December 20, 2024 Been watching Golden Cobra on iPlayer after a recommendation at work. Absolutely brilliant, despite it's bizzareness and over the top humour it can be relatable at times. I didn't realise Scott Quinell was a real person though. I followed this with a binge of The Vale on youtube. That's brilliant as well, the second season with the call centre resonates too. Some have complained about the animation but it actually quite suits the humour. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 21, 2024 20 hours ago, westlondonmist said: I didn't realise Scott Quinell was a real person though. He's not. He is a force of nature. As an English rugby fan I fucking hated him, but as a rugby fan in general, what a player he was. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 26, 2024 Posted December 26, 2024 It's Squiding time! I really didn't think Squid Game needed a second season but here we are, the entire thing is out on Netflix now and is a direct continuation from what I've seen of the first episode. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 28, 2024 Members Posted December 28, 2024 Squid Game 2 Really good, and more surprisingly really funny in places (when the players all line up in the dorms for the first time and their questions for the guards had me creasing) This isn't a spoiler as it's been everywhere but Spoiler The fact that they announced a 3rd and final series before this one had even aired, slightly tempered the drama, suspense etc but even then its still bloody good Lighting is absolutely fantastic as before. Outnumbered Christmas special Absolutely shit. I quite like Outnumbered and watched it not that long ago and it was a real breeze to get through. This was dreadful. Part of the charm was Karen and Ben and the mostly unscripted nonsense that came out of their mouths as young kids, but obviously that's all gone. So there's just nothing. Jake is now a Dad, so Pete and Sue are now grandparents, but they don't even play with that aspect much. Rubbish. Having said that, I still fancy Sue big time. She's lovely. And I Iike the fact that they moved from Chiswick to Brentford, so continuing that trend, the next time we see them they'll be in Isleworth, the greatest town in England Quote
wordsfromlee Posted December 28, 2024 Posted December 28, 2024 18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Outnumbered Christmas special Absolutely shit. I quite like Outnumbered and watched it not that long ago and it was a real breeze to get through. This was dreadful. Part of the charm was Karen and Ben and the mostly unscripted nonsense that came out of their mouths as young kids, but obviously that's all gone. So there's just nothing. Jake is now a Dad, so Pete and Sue are now grandparents, but they don't even play with that aspect much. Rubbish. Having said that, I still fancy Sue big time. She's lovely. And I Iike the fact that they moved from Chiswick to Brentford, so continuing that trend, the next time we see them they'll be in Isleworth, the greatest town in England I thought it was shit too. I was half expecting the grandkids to take over the 'unscripted kids' characters that Karen and Ben used to be. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted December 28, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 28, 2024 Based On A True Story. I was pleasantly surprised. Sure it's not a 'great' show, but it was a lot of fun and an easy watch Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted December 29, 2024 Posted December 29, 2024 Yep, really enjoyed Squid Game Season 2. The All Star cast is brilliant. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 29, 2024 Posted December 29, 2024 10 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said: Based On A True Story. I was pleasantly surprised. Sure it's not a 'great' show, but it was a lot of fun and an easy watch Yeah it's hardly up there with the classics but it's one of those no brain dramas that she does so well. A nice simple watch in between some more intense shows like Squid Game lately! Quote
Merzbow Posted December 29, 2024 Posted December 29, 2024 My watching of Squid Game has been sidetracked by Slow Horses which is excellent, it's the closest a show has ever felt to Disco Elysium and not just because Gary Oldman looks like Harry. There's just not enough Olivia Cooke or Aimee Ffion-Edwards though.. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 29, 2024 Posted December 29, 2024 23 minutes ago, Merzbow said: My watching of Squid Game has been sidetracked by Slow Horses which is excellent, it's the closest a show has ever felt to Disco Elysium and not just because Gary Oldman looks like Harry. There's just not enough Olivia Cooke or Aimee Ffion-Edwards though.. Gary is fantastic but agreed. You can never have enough Olivia. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.