Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Absolutely love Slow Horses. 
watched series 1-3 over the last couple of weeks. 
despite a few plot holes, the writing is excellent and the acting tip top too. 
 

Gary Oldman is so good. 

Posted

I know most people will probably spend the weekend bingeing the mid as hell Ted Lasso but they’re fools.  Severance and Cha Cha Real Smooth is what you should watch on there!

Posted

I'm on to season 4 now, glad to see it's been renewed for a 5th and 6th! Silo is another must watch on there, another show that's just been renewed so it finishes the entire book series.

Posted

I’ve started watching the second half of the first series of Silo after inexplicably just dropping it even though I was enjoying it. Probably doesn’t help that I know what happens but they’ve done an excellent job of bringing the book to life. 
 

Masters of the Air was just a shade below Band of Brothers too. Really good but you have to get on board with the slow mo waving star spangled banner and heroic Americans dropping bombs on civilians.

Posted
On 11/29/2024 at 8:26 AM, Dai said:

Three episodes into the new season, and Silo is teetering on the edge of being dull and forgetable, in my opinion.

Self quoting wanker here, but we are now 7 episodes in and I think its firmly been on the 'dull and forgetable' side. Its been so unbelievably slow moving, it feels like a majority of the episodes have been those filler episodes youd get when the writers had 24 episodes to produce in a season. A ten episode season should not be having episode after episode of little to nothing really happening. I genuinely think you could describe Juliette's story arc for the first seven episodes in a singe sentence, its been that slow and boring. I can only assume theres been scheduling issues with her and she was off doing a movie, so they only had her for a shortened period. Too much time has been focussed on too many dull characters too, especially the main two mechanical people. Episode 7 picked up a bit, so heres hoping for a strong finish.

 

Shrinking on Apple TV is a pretty decent watch, too, if youve finished with the likes of Lasso and Severence.

On the Taskmaster front, Id recommend the last two seasons of the Australia one (both from this year), and this years New Zealand one too. Both have some great contestants and tasks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...