Paid Members Slapnut Posted February 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2025 6 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: Just when I thought I couldn't love Severance any more. This week's episode. This could be hyperbole but… Spoiler Helly’s facial expressions changing whilst she was in the tent with Irving is some of the best acting I’ve ever seen in a TV show. Just absolutely brilliant. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 8, 2025 Posted February 8, 2025 Completely agree. Genuinely some of my favourite performances in any episode of anything. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted February 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2025 I got drunk last night at a mates birthday, got home, and watched some Miranda. I didnt hate it. But I was also laughing every time I fell into a wall. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 8, 2025 Members Posted February 8, 2025 2 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said: got drunk last night at a mates birthday Didn't mind Miranda, could think of worse things to watch. Rewatched How to with John Wilson for probably the 10th time. Absolutely love it, a genuine comfort show. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted February 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2025 I actually did pop it on just after posting. It's... not horrible. I admit to being surprised, all the clips I'd been shown by people were shit. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted February 8, 2025 Posted February 8, 2025 I’ll never give it a go myself but I can imagine the sitcom probably suffered from Miranda overkill at the time. She’s an acquired taste and she was all over the telly at the shows pomp. Removed from that it probably fares better. Who knows, a few years down the line and you might be popping Mrs Browns Boys on and finding the hidden genius in your drunken stupor. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted February 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2025 I enjoyed her on Not Going Out, but that was a small role. I did watch all the first few seasons of Mrs Brown as my mum liked them and I was living with her during my divorce. It had one or two moments that were funny. Per season. Quote
abucalves Posted February 13, 2025 Posted February 13, 2025 Anyone watching Common Side Effects on Channel 4? It's the latest Adult Swim show, and it's really good, essentially an animated thriller, some funny bits in it, but much more focused on the conspiracy of it all. Really trippy as well Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 13, 2025 (edited) I am! I love it. From one of the creators of Scavengers Reign which was one of my favourite things from last year. The introduction of the FBI guys was one of the funnest scenes I've seen in anything for awhile. Edited February 13, 2025 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 13, 2025 Homicide: Life on the Streets is coming to Sky/Now TV tomorrow. It's a great show and I never caught all of, so looking forward to this. Andre Braugher, Yaphet Koto, John Polito, Richard Belzer, Ned Beaty. Got the David Simon link to The Wire as well. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 13, 2025 Members Posted February 13, 2025 24 minutes ago, gmoney said: Homicide: Life on the Streets is coming to Sky/Now TV tomorrow. It's a great show and I never caught all of, so looking forward to this. Andre Braugher, Yaphet Koto, John Polito, Richard Belzer, Ned Beaty. Got the David Simon link to The Wire as well. Cheers for the heads up! I'm obliged to say that if you haven't read the book Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets by David Simon, do. Its incredible. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 13, 2025 22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: I'm obliged to say that if you haven't read the book Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets by David Simon, do. Its incredible. Indeed, I co-sign this! Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 13, 2025 Posted February 13, 2025 12 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Yellowjackets is back tomorrow! Hooray! Admittedly the last season wasn't quite as good but still really enjoyable. Hoping they won't drag it out too long but there's definitely stuff that needs wrapping up. One of my favourite casts out there at the moment. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted February 13, 2025 Posted February 13, 2025 10 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Cheers for the heads up! I'm obliged to say that if you haven't read the book Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets by David Simon, do. Its incredible. Is the tv show to the book what The Wire was to The Corner? Although I suppose The Corner would be that show too. I did both audiobooks last year I think on your recommendation and loved them both. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.