wordsfromlee Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 3 hours ago, SuperBacon said: That was just about Laney wasn't it? Not sure I ever saw it but I'll seek it out after I've finished The Goldbergs. I think it was about the PE teacher in the 90s. Quote
TibBo Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 Yeah it’s mostly about the PE teacher and Laney who is the music teacher. There are other Goldbergs overlaps and cameos though, like Mr Glascott being the principal in schooled. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 6 hours ago, TibBo said: ...and knowing all the stuff about Jeff Garlin on set. It is a great show though. They did a spin-off called 'Schooled' too, which was nowhere near as good, but still watchable This guy? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 14, 2024 Members Posted December 14, 2024 48 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: This guy? This guy actually. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted December 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 15, 2024 22 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: I have to be in the right mood to watch anything serious or that requires my attention so powered through these two over the past week. Penguin I'm leaning on the side of it being as good as many said. I genuinely thought the writing and the acting and the character development was superb. I really got lost in his story, and Sofia as well. And they nailed the landing completely at the end. I'm suffering from the flu at the moment and in my delirious state I read this, forgot what The Penguin was and genuinely thought you had decided to watch Pingu. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 15, 2024 Members Posted December 15, 2024 57 minutes ago, Merzbow said: To be fair Pingu is pure cinema. Absolutely great, but let's never forget what a little cunt he is. No wonder his Dad was always fit to burst. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted December 16, 2024 Posted December 16, 2024 Well, that's the end of Yellowstone. I enjoyed it, but the last six-episode half season kind of limped to a finish, to be honest. It really wasn't the same without John Dutton/Kevin Costner in the end. Not terrible or anything, but it just felt like tying up loose ends. Some beautiful shots of good old-fashioned cowboying, mind. I am enjoying Landman a lot more. It is by no means perfect (the female characters are mostly caricatures and Taylor Sheridan sure loves an ass shot), but it's real easy viewing. I'm a huge mark for ol' Billy Bob Thornton and you can tell the main role was written for him. They give him a lot to work with and he's real fucking good in it. Texas oil industry is about as good a setting as you're going to get for a neo-western. Quote
burchybabi Posted December 16, 2024 Posted December 16, 2024 On 11/29/2024 at 2:41 PM, Mr_Danger said: Yeah it never reached the highs of Malcom in the Middle for me but it was good enough. On this note, Disney have just announced a new 4 episode series of Malcolm In The Middle with Frankie Muniz, Bryan Cranston & Jane Kaczmarek so far confirmed to return. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted December 16, 2024 Moderators Posted December 16, 2024 I assume Masterson won't be returning but I hope Reese is in it! Quote
deathrey Posted December 16, 2024 Posted December 16, 2024 I'd love to see Dewey back too though I read a while back that the actor who played him is very, very much retired from acting and has no interest in returning. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted December 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 17, 2024 10 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: I assume Masterson won't be returning but I hope Reese is in it! Why wouldn't he? Unless I'm missing something he's not the evil Masterson - that's his brother. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted December 17, 2024 Posted December 17, 2024 Usually I’m all “If it’s not the returning original cast then it’ll be shit” but I’d watch a MITM reboot if it only had Lois and Hal pottering about the empty house in their old age so throwing Frankie Muniz in to the mix is a bonus for me. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted December 17, 2024 Moderators Posted December 17, 2024 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Why wouldn't he? Unless I'm missing something he's not the evil Masterson - that's his brother. I think he said he stepped away from acting after all the stuff with his brother. Maybe he will be back, who knows! Quote
abucalves Posted December 17, 2024 Posted December 17, 2024 (edited) Last week Sunday I was thinking about how Mrs. Davis isn't on any platforms here and I would like to watch it. Later on that day, I was checking the ITV player to see if there was any new kids stuff, and I see Mrs. Davis on there. So far watched 3 episodes. This is my third Damon Lindelof show of the year (watched Watchmen and The Leftovers, seen Lost previously) and I am really enjoying it for how nuts it is. His shows have a way of making me say "what is going on" out loud, and this one had it within the second episode. A fun time so far. Also just finished Fantasmas, which is by Julio Torres who did Los Espookys. Part sitcom, part sketch show, very surreal and trippy, some great cameos. I really enjoyed it, some of the sketches stand out by themselves including one about the letter Q and a man falling in love with what is essentially Alf Edited December 17, 2024 by abucalves Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.