Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thanks all for the heads up, just downloaded a copy and got through the first three episodes.  I was pretty much sold seeing Asher D and Stephen Graham are in it and Stephen was one of the head writers too, wasn't he? Easily the best bit of TV I've seen from Netflix in so long.

  • Paid Members
Posted

PunkStep's thoughts on White Lotus s3 thus far:

Gaitok is an absolute sweetheart yet at the same time a fucking idiot. He's the worst security guard I've ever seen and seriously needs to consider a career change.

The supposed 'ugly' one of the group of middle aged women is by far the hottest.

Parker Posey's accent is tremendous. Proper hammed-up.

Spoiler

THAT Sam Rockwell and Walton Goggins scene. Goggins' gaped-mouth reaction to that monologue was excellent. 

 

'This and that'

  • Members
Posted

Adolescence was absolutely brilliant, and everyone is right about how great it is...but episode 2 was awful and the only reason I couldn't rate it a 10/10. 

Having said that, episode 1 and 3 (the latter in particular) is some of the best TV I have ever seen, with some of the most astonishing performances, Erin Doherty being note perfect in her role.

I've never been a huge Stephen Graham fan, but can obviously see hes brilliant, and again his turn as Eddie is one for the ages

Brilliant TV. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
8 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Paradise on Disney Plus is fucking exceptional. From the guy who made This Is Us so hits all the right emotional notes. Great cast. Really good twists. Just go in blind and binge it.

We watched the first episode of this last night, and maybe it’s because of how many reviews like this I’ve read, but I had far more of a Partridge.gif reaction to it than I’d hoped. Does it get better with each episode, or is it one of those where if episode 1 didn’t hook us, the rest won’t either?

Posted
19 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

We watched the first episode of this last night, and maybe it’s because of how many reviews like this I’ve read, but I had far more of a Partridge.gif reaction to it than I’d hoped. Does it get better with each episode, or is it one of those where if episode 1 didn’t hook us, the rest won’t either?

Theres only 8 episodes so I'd definitely stick with it. I'd say it gets better for sure. Episode 7 is one of the best I've seen on any show in years.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I thought Adolescence was so so good, despite the heaviness and sadness too it. Just incredible acting throughout. Agree with all the praise about Episode 3. It was gripping. I can’t believe that boy has never acted before.

I love Stephen Graham and will watch almost everything he’s in (not the show with Daniel Mays or the one where he has weird Welsh accent), but I hope he starts to be in some lighter stuff where his character is actually happy. 

Posted
On 3/17/2025 at 8:13 PM, PunkStep said:

PunkStep's thoughts on White Lotus s3 thus far:

Gaitok is an absolute sweetheart yet at the same time a fucking idiot. He's the worst security guard I've ever seen and seriously needs to consider a career change.

The supposed 'ugly' one of the group of middle aged women is by far the hottest.

Parker Posey's accent is tremendous. Proper hammed-up.

  Reveal hidden contents

THAT Sam Rockwell and Walton Goggins scene. Goggins' gaped-mouth reaction to that monologue was excellent. 

 

'This and that'

Love to see a take of that spoiled bit that just had Walton Goggins reaction the entire monologue. 
 

I do miss Stifflers mum. Parker Posey is doing great work at replacing that energy though.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Love to see a take of that spoiled bit that just had Walton Goggins reaction the entire monologue. 
 

I do miss Stifflers mum. Parker Posey is doing great work at replacing that energy though.

Patty Schwarz is maybe my favourite/least favourite, he’s impeccable as the ultimate awful dudebro. The whole cast have been pretty great this series and the new theme tune is growing on me week by week. It’s an excellent show.

I was a bit distracted during the Goggins scenes this episode. It really felt like the two of them were never in the same room together during filming - might have just been the shots they used but it felt quite different from what I’m used to from White Lotus where it’s obvious everyone’s together in scenes.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I've started watching Taskmaster and I just started series 3, which is already my favourite after one episode due to Paul Chowdhry's depressed snow rabbit.

And Rob Beckett's Swede.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
Posted
4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I've started watching Taskmaster and I just started series 3, which is already my favourite after one episode due to Paul Chowdhry's depressed snow rabbit.

I’m currently on my…approximately 30th rewatch of the whole show. It’s absolutely become my comfort watch. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Patty Schwarz is maybe my favourite/least favourite, he’s impeccable as the ultimate awful dudebro. The whole cast have been pretty great this series and the new theme tune is growing on me week by week. It’s an excellent show.

“Saxon doesn’t need drugs Saxon is the drug” must have been lifted out of his old man’s repertoire. They write that character so well with Theodore James in the last series and your lad from the office in the first. I don’t think anything will beat Murray Bartlett’s Basil Fawlty in the first series though. I thought he’d have done loads more by now off the back of this and his great turn in The Last of Us.

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I've started watching Taskmaster and I just started series 3, which is already my favourite after one episode due to Paul Chowdhry's depressed snow rabbit.

And Rob Beckett's Swede.

The bastards crying innit. 

There is so much good Taskmaster for you to come Dev, I envy you watching it for the first time. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...