Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2025 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: I felt exactly the same, especially with Richard Ayoade’s behaviour, utterly refusing to break character from the very start I don't think I've ever seen Ayoade out of character though. It would be like seeing Gregory Porter without the hat, I'm not sure I'd recognise him. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 23, 2025 Posted March 23, 2025 18 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: I don't think I've ever seen Ayoade out of character though. It would be like seeing Gregory Porter without the hat, I'm not sure I'd recognise him. Makes you wonder if there is an out of character for him anymore or if he's so completely absorbed into the fictional version of himself that he never switches off. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2025 22 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Makes you wonder if there is an out of character for him anymore or if he's so completely absorbed into the fictional version of himself that he never switches off. He's gone completely Hulk Hogan is what you are saying, minus the opinions obviously. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 23, 2025 Posted March 23, 2025 3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: He's gone completely Hulk Hogan is what you are saying, minus the opinions obviously. Well if the next episode has him telling people how the Foreman grill could've been his.. Quote
NeverYield Posted March 23, 2025 Posted March 23, 2025 Watching 1883 at the minute, good watch, love things in this era and setting. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted March 23, 2025 Posted March 23, 2025 For those who’ve watched Last One Laughing, is Daisy May Cooper tolerable in it? I liked her in This Country and on Taskmaster, but found her incredibly irritating on the Buzzcocks reboot (my fault for even watching that in the first place). I like all the other people in it to certain degrees, but she’s the one who I was unsure of. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2025 (edited) 1 hour ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: For those who’ve watched Last One Laughing, is Daisy May Cooper tolerable in it? I liked her in This Country and on Taskmaster, but found her incredibly irritating on the Buzzcocks reboot (my fault for even watching that in the first place). I like all the other people in it to certain degrees, but she’s the one who I was unsure of. I don’t find her funny, but I don’t find her intolerable either. She’s very like Rob Beckett in that she’s inoffensive but utterly humour free. Edited March 23, 2025 by RedTwoster Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 23, 2025 Posted March 23, 2025 26 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: For those who’ve watched Last One Laughing, is Daisy May Cooper tolerable in it? I liked her in This Country and on Taskmaster, but found her incredibly irritating on the Buzzcocks reboot (my fault for even watching that in the first place). I like all the other people in it to certain degrees, but she’s the one who I was unsure of. She's been fairly quiet in the episodes so far. There's definitely some stronger characters in there so she's not particularly overwhelming. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2025 2 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: For those who’ve watched Last One Laughing, is Daisy May Cooper tolerable in it? She’s been fine. As has the show surprisingly. However, Harriet Kelmsley has always been unfunny and nothing changed here. The worst of the lot for me. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted March 23, 2025 Posted March 23, 2025 14 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: She’s been fine. As has the show surprisingly. However, Harriet Kelmsley has always been unfunny and nothing changed here. The worst of the lot for me. I don’t mind Harriet cause I fancy her a little bit. She’s no Sara Pascoe mind. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 23, 2025 Posted March 23, 2025 4 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: I don’t mind Harriet cause I fancy her a little bit. She’s no Sara Pascoe mind. Can't say I'd ever heard of her before this show but yes, mostly crushing on her rather than finding her funny at the moment. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 24, 2025 On 3/19/2025 at 11:41 PM, Carbomb said: I've only seen the Bob Mortimer/Sally Phillips season. I will watch the others eventually, but I just cannot conceive how it will compete with Bob's high anus and taking revenge against the Woolwich ferry with gallons of piss, or Sally banging a water cooler. Mike Wozniak is the only contestant I think comes close to matching Bob for sheer entertainment value and quotability on Taskmaster. The main gift of Bob on Taskmaster was the phrase, "Pork Pie Presentation Unit", which I use some variation of all the time. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted March 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 24, 2025 “Here’s your treat, ya BASTARD”. Last One Laughing has all the ingredients to be rubbish but thankfully having the likes of Bob Mortimer and Joe Wilkinson there outweigh having to tolerate Jimmy Carr. It’s not as funny as a house full of comedians really should be but it’s inoffensive enough and I’ll watch anything with Bob in. Speaks a lot that the second they seen he’d been picked to do his Joker everyone in the house panicked and started preparing to leave. ”It’s just magic…..” Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 24, 2025 I've got an endless list of shows I've missed over the years which I mean to get around to at some point. They've either been recommended or seem like the sort of thing I'd enjoy, but just never stuck them on. Last night I finally watched Friday Night Dinner. I like Mark Heap, Tamsin Grieg, Paul Ritter, and show creator Robert Popper, but I was a bit wary of Simon Bird and Tom Rosthental. I needn't have been. Everyone's great in this, I had an absolute blast. Caned the first series. The scene when Simon Bird's on the phone to a girl and his brother is trying to sabotage him, chasing him into the bathroom, throwing water down the toilet and flushing it... I was in stitches. Of course the advantage of having such a backlog is that I've still got another five series to binge! Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 24, 2025 Posted March 24, 2025 @gmoney I had similar concerns and put it off for ages. I think I finally got round to watching it roughly around the time it was ending. Surprisingly great show. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.