Members SuperBacon Posted May 2, 2025 Members Posted May 2, 2025 1 minute ago, Onyx2 said: I never really got over the whole "you should slash up your ex's face so she's spoiled for the next guy". Doesn't he say that he was misquoted on that or he was quoting a line from one of his films? Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted May 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2025 4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Doesn't he say that he was misquoted on that or he was quoting a line from one of his films? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 2, 2025 Members Posted May 2, 2025 7 minutes ago, Onyx2 said: I know what was printed, and I'm not condoning what is printed there, but I was always of the impression that Dyer is adamant he was misquoted or that they used a line from one of his films. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2025 I always assumed that he never actually wrote any of those. I dunno, it was the type of joke you would see around that time period. Doesn't excuse it of course but he seems like an ok bloke to me. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 2, 2025 Posted May 2, 2025 (edited) Weirdly, I've looked into this recently as it came up in a chat I was having with someone who worked as one of those jobbing celebrity writers. When it first came out, Zoo said the column was done each week over the phone between a writer and Danny Dyer. Dyer said it was a complete misquote, he didn't say it and he was consulting lawyers. The column was canned obviously. The story didn't go much further than that at the time, but in 2023 Danny Dyer did an interview where he said it was a 'joke based on a line from one of his films' and he 'couldn't believe they printed it.' Which, feels a bit of a sly way out. I agree he comes across like a good bloke now, but it strikes me that he made a very bad, poor taste joke and then panicked and tried to find any way out he could. Edited May 2, 2025 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2025 I think Dyer is one of those who's matured away from the lad culture he got famous for and realised he was a bit of a numpty in his younger years. Credit where it's due, I think a mix of parenting, growing up and being stuck in the BBC press regime for a few years while he was in Eastenders made him shape up and start acting a little more responsible. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2025 The Rehearsal S2 with Nathan Fielder will be on Sky/Now at some point this month. It looks to be incredible. Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted May 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2025 37 minutes ago, gmoney said: The Rehearsal S2 with Nathan Fielder will be on Sky/Now at some point this month. It looks to be incredible. It is fantastic. Two episodes in and it's already hitting as well as Season 1 did. Well worth your time. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 4, 2025 Moderators Posted May 4, 2025 (edited) Halfway through a couple limited series at the moment on Netflix and thoroughly enjoying both of them. Four Seasons - all-star cast, funny and based on the Alan Alda movie of the same name (which I have never seen, but he makes a cameo in this and is nice to see him). Hadn't even heard of this but my wife suggested it and I'm loving it. Asterix and the big Fight - kids have been really into the comics recently so this has just turned up with brilliant timing. Beautiful animation, well adapted from the source material. I hope they make more! If I wasn't watching it with the kids I would probably watch it in French so I think I will likely do that on my own and watch it again soon. Edited May 4, 2025 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 On 5/1/2025 at 10:18 PM, ReturnOfTheMack said: The first episode of the new series of Taskmaster was a treat! Mathew Baynton for the series win for me. Echo the love for episode 1. I was a bit sceptical at first of the addition of Jason Mantzoukas, but he won me over when he whipped out his lock picking set and later on a penknife. And in true Taskmaster tradition, there is another lady I’ve quickly become enamoured with. Hello, Stevie Martin. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 5, 2025 Moderators Posted May 5, 2025 I haven't caught up to live. Just started the first episode of series 14 of Taskmaster - this is going to be a test for me as I can't stand Munya. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: I haven't caught up to live. Just started the first episode of series 14 of Taskmaster - this is going to be a test for me as I can't stand Munya. I can't stand him either. Such a smug prick, but Fern Brady and John Kearns make up for it massively. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted May 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2025 2 of my nieces think that I am very like John Kearns. I asked if by actions or looks and was told 'just a general youness to him' Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 7, 2025 Moderators Posted May 7, 2025 On 5/5/2025 at 7:27 PM, wordsfromlee said: I can't stand him either. Such a smug prick, but Fern Brady and John Kearns make up for it massively. A few episodes in now and no-one else seems to have any time for his shit either, so it's not been too painful. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2025 On 5/4/2025 at 11:53 PM, Chest Rockwell said: Four Seasons - all-star cast, funny and based on the Alan Alda movie of the same name (which I have never seen, but he makes a cameo in this and is nice to see him). Hadn't even heard of this but my wife suggested it and I'm loving it. Cheers for the recommendation on this. I probably wouldn't have watched it otherwise as I'm not that keen on Steve Carell or Will Forte usually (exceptions for both), however I enjoyed this quite a bit. It's not breaking a lot of ground or bust a gut funny, but it was very watchable and fun throughout. Carell's wife and the gay couple were the standouts for me. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.