Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 27, 2025 I’ve not seen a trailer or a clip, but intrigued as to what terrible accent Tom Hardy has gone for. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted May 27, 2025 Posted May 27, 2025 Just standard Tom Hardy I think which is equally unconvincing. Helen Mirren steals the show for accents with her wild Irish one. Quote
Rossman Posted May 27, 2025 Posted May 27, 2025 (edited) 5 hours ago, gmoney said: I couldn't stick the first episode. The cast is really unbalanced. You've got Brosnan, Mirren, Hardy, Considine, Jennings et al for the older lot and the worst drama school twats you've ever seen playing the younger ones. It also just feels very out of time. They go to an exclusive cool rave and they're playing Smack My Bitch Up? I had to check it wasn't a period piece. All that would be forgivable if the story was compelling, but it never hooked me in. I kept thinking of this Fast Show sketch, so there was one positive at least. Spoiler There's a bit later on in the series where Tom Hardy's character is racing around the countryside of Antwerp on a motorbike. Trying to get to a barn where a "deal" is going down. Whilst the main focus is on the deal in this warehouse. They kept doing cutaways to Hardy on the motorbike racing around on these straight country roads. It just reminded me of that family on the Fast Show who they would cut to, and they were always running to get somewhere but never reaching the destination. It's a bad show and doesn't make any sense but it's annoyingly watchable. Edited May 27, 2025 by Rossman Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 27, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted May 27, 2025 Finished series 12 of Taskmaster, an absolute cracker from start to finish. Good start to series 13 as well. I just... can't imagine Stewart Lee and Bridget Christie as a couple at all. She's very odd (complimentary). Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 27, 2025 (edited) 24 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Finished series 12 of Taskmaster, an absolute cracker from start to finish. Good start to series 13 as well. I just... can't imagine Stewart Lee and Bridget Christie as a couple at all. She's very odd (complimentary). If you think she is odd now then wait until the end. Season 13 is great for the amount of contestant interaction. Lots of shithousery. Edited May 27, 2025 by Lion_of_the_Midlands Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 27, 2025 Posted May 27, 2025 (edited) 49 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Finished series 12 of Taskmaster, an absolute cracker from start to finish. Good start to series 13 as well. I just... can't imagine Stewart Lee and Bridget Christie as a couple at all. She's very odd (complimentary). They aren’t one anymore unfortunately. She has a TV show that she wrote and starred in called The Change which is very good. The second series finished airing a month or two ago. Her stand up special that was on Netflix was brilliant too but it seems to not be on there anymore. Edited May 27, 2025 by wordsfromlee Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted May 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 28, 2025 Really disappointed in the latest season of the Last of Us. It's not even the incel criticism of Bella Ramsey as Ellie. It's poor writing and poor pacing throughout. Plus the shit singing. I hated the guitar bits in the game as well. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2025 13 hours ago, Nexus said: Really disappointed in the latest season of the Last of Us. It's not even the incel criticism of Bella Ramsey as Ellie. It's poor writing and poor pacing throughout. Plus the shit singing. I hated the guitar bits in the game as well. Likewise. The changes they made to the story were all so pointless, weird and made the whole thing a rushed mess with bad characterization throughout. Incredibly frustrating experience. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2025 Yeah, the game tells one of my favourite videogame stories ever, but the changes utterly diluted what should have been impactful moments, and made the ending feel rather pointless. They arsed it up, and it’s such a shame. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2025 John Mulaney did indeed fight three fourteen year old boys on the final episode of his show last night, and it was all three at once. I won't spoil the result. I'm extremely sad this run is over, it's been a joy each week. It took big swings each week, and 95% time it was funny as fuck. I hope it gets another series. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 31, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted May 31, 2025 That fully grown man ain't right. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 31, 2025 Posted May 31, 2025 Man Like Mobeen's back on Iplayer with a new series, it's still a very very silly show but it's got so much heart unlike many BBC comedies, it weirdly reminds me of early Trailer Park Boys in that it's a small crew that overachieve with their small budgeted labour of love. Plus so much of it is recorded back in Cov this year. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 31, 2025 On 5/26/2025 at 8:44 PM, SaitoRyo said: The finale of the second season of The Rehearsal is astonishing. Unprecedented levels of 'committing to the bit' from Nathan Fielder. The whole season has been absolutely tremendous, to be honest. I’ve just finished watching this, and it’s the best TV show I’ve seen in a long time. It’s unexpectedly thought-provoking and even profound - it’s rare that you’re in a position to say this given how hard it is to come up with a unique idea, but its execution is unlike anything I’ve seen before. Just brilliant. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 2, 2025 Posted June 2, 2025 Up to S15 of Taskmaster now and I genuinely don't remember any of it. So weird. I'm fairly sure I've seen it before but it's the first one I've had no clue about. My brain might just be fucked though. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.