The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Very few people will be sad to less Augmented Reality but I'm not sure it would be wise to go too full throttle with downgrading everything else. They're clearly trying to talk more positively about the product, which is sensible as long as what they're telling is isn't demonstrably at odds with reality. If all the "business is booming/new era" rhetoric is accompanied by a significant reduction in production values, there's only so much milage they'll get out of justifying it by telling us they just want to squeeze more punters in. 

Nobody would be happier than me to see a return to some neon lights around a fire escape as they had in the New Generation Era, but I'm not sure they really want to find themselves in a place where they aren't number one in terms of production values, even if they can save a few quid on pyro. It's amusing as a one off, but the champion squinting at a TV on a stand like it's a primary school assembly looks a bit cheap if it's the new normal. 

Depends what they do really. You can cut back in some areas and put the focus on the different camera shots etc and the overall feel of the show differs so it's something you just get used to really. I doubt they'll ever cut back to the point where it feels too small or minimalist. That goes against everything they are.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I've heard the phrase 'serving cunt' quite a bit lately and have no idea what it means.

It's from drag - to "serve" means to present a stylish look e.g. "to serve 1960s boho chic" or "to serve classic Hollywood glamour". "Cunt" usually means "glamorous feminine beauty". Used a fair bit in Drag Race.

• Paid Members

Some of the most “big time” feeling effects they managed in the early years of my fandom where the custom spotlights and mat hologram effects they did when they were actually on the floor for gate receipts and arena attendance - Bret had hearts flying through the darkness, Razor had umm razors, and a wonderfully smug image of the King of Harts cast as a playing card was projected onto the mat when he was in the ring, and it looked great even though they were in a little conference hall of a holiday resort in Bushkill. So, I’m not that convinced the effectiveness of the production/presentation is any indicator as to where the business is when I think the show looked better under Diesel than it did under Hogan.

Re : big tron. I’m not arsed, I think a smaller video wall with the wrestlers video playing that you only see for half the time the camera follows them to the ring is fine. The people there can see what’s happening in the ring and on telly it’s on telly, you don’t need a whopping great starship bridge windscreen sat there just because Vince and Co liked it. Re : augmented reality - bin it. Big logos look OK like Cody’s but most of the time it’s giant inflatable Romans or whoever had those stupid birds, and it looks awful. Really expensive effects that look like they’re for kids who ultimately aren’t going to care that much either way.

• Paid Members

I reckon we will. He's said before he pitched bringing it back but it was Vince who vetoed it (having had to be reminded of the existence of the song). 

Would be a shame, but she's such a character now she could easily stay on TV, if she's able, and still contribute.

The other good thing is that although she is champion, a vacation of the belt isn't coming at the worse time with the draft around the corner, they can easily shuffle the women around a bit to make it still work.