The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

1 hour ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

All I could think of during Sheamus' match was that it felt like a real life version of Randy Marsh vs Batdad at the kids baseball in South Park. 

2 big guys in their pants having a punch up after being on the beers all day. 

I know he's been off with a serious injury but if he's coming back in that shape, he probably should have kept the vest, braces and bottoms. 

Wasn't everyone on here recently clamouring for more fat lads in wrestling? Not that I'm calling Sheamus fat.

Besides, he's closer to end the of his career than the prime. They're not pushing him as the sexy face of the company. He's a utility player. Someone old ice hockey teams would hire because they look like they could hit hard and take a beating. Plus they need someone Gunther can stiff every now and then. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Wasn't everyone on here recently clamouring for more fat lads in wrestling? Not that I'm calling Sheamus fat.

Plus they need someone Gunther can stiff every now and then. 

I'd be happiest if Gunther went back to being fat.

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Not shitting on the presentation at all, because the whole bit was superbly shot. But he was in his home town of Montreal.

In fairness, I said it before Mania and he got some reaction in Philly too so fair play to him.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FUM said:

In fairness, I said it before Mania and he got some reaction in Philly too so fair play to him.

Sami does generally get a good reaction, but saw a clip of R Truth/Miz and HHH and that crowd was silent (I mean, the comedy didn’t seem to land particularly well, maybe the just weren’t into THAT bit). But his reaction was awesome last night which is always good because he’s another one I think deserves it. And the general presentation is so much better out of Kevin Dunn’s hands

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Vamp said:

Besides, he's closer to end the of his career than the prime.

That's one way of looking at it. Another, is that at 46, he's exactly the midpoint between the new World Heavyweight Champion, Damien Priest (41) and the man that won the main event of night 1 at WrestleMania, The Rock (51).

image.png.ebb644e8570c2d867800312d02b24570.png

• Awards Moderator
On 4/8/2024 at 4:05 AM, Hannibal Scorch said:

So the good news, now I’ve seen the story finish and lost my £18.75, this is where my story ends. I’m not tuning into Raw or Smackdown. I may check out stuff down the road, but this sugar coating is too sickly for me. It’s been a rollercoaster of the last 34 years, but I’m ready to hop off WWE. Good luck in your future endeavours.

IMG_0246.png.149ba952ab38bf7e6d5cfd0509f6c373.png

41 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Sami does generally get a good reaction, but saw a clip of R Truth/Miz and HHH and that crowd was silent (I mean, the comedy didn’t seem to land particularly well, maybe the just weren’t into THAT bit). But his reaction was awesome last night which is always good because he’s another one I think deserves it. And the general presentation is so much better out of Kevin Dunn’s hands

IMG_0247.png.400a0bce4c9215b707905edd52536e18.png

Glad to see that 'Too many limes!' is back for Sheamus. I'd probably turn him heel in a few weeks so he can feud with Cody and Sami.

Decent show again. I am NOT looking forward to this Uncle Howdy stuff though.

Just catching up on Raw properly, and I think Sheamus might be on my list of favourite wrestlers - were I ever to sit and make a list.

So glad to have him back.

Raw desperately needs a draft, especially with Cody seemingly moving to Smackdown. Raw has a load of talent I love watching, but misses a bit of stardust with Cody and Rollins gone.

I wonder if they shift LA Knight over and try and heat him up.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Just catching up on Raw properly, and I think Sheamus might be on my list of favourite wrestlers - were I ever to sit and make a list.

There's enough lists going on out there. The "100 wrestlers better than Shawn Michaels" one gave me AIDS.

Raw desperately needs a draft, especially with Cody seemingly moving to Smackdown. Raw has a load of talent I love watching, but misses a bit of stardust with Cody and Rollins gone.

I wonder if they shift LA Knight over and try and heat him up.

Draft's happening 26th SmackDown - 29th Raw. Knight would be a decent call for Raw, actually - I imagine they could get people behind him for a crack at Priest.

Not going to lie, saw a mock up for SummerSlam that showed Rock vs Cody, Punk vs Drew, Reigns vs Rollins and Priest vs Balor, and everything between now and July is going to twiddling my thumbs waiting patiently for the crushing letdown when that's NOT what they're able to put on. Christ, throw in Usos vs Solo & Tama Tonga (umm, at least in story terms) and it's the best sequel to Mania I could come up with.

Edited by air_raid
Hard times breed better men

So glad to have him back.

I think he's one of the best long standing main event WWE style wrestlers they have. I think because he's been there for so long, and his slightly caricature appearance, he gets overlooked than say an Orton. 

I occasionally remember his PPV match against big show, everyone in the room got up to make a drink, toliet break etc but by the end of it we were all enthralled. Like his matches with cesaro or gunther prove, he can still step it up when he wants. 

I remember being so indifferent to Sheamus when he first turned up and for quite a while really. I can't quite remember when he started being someone I enjoyed watching - maybe the Cesaro stuff? That was quite a few years into his WWE career but something just clicked for me.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, air_raid said:

There's enough lists going on out there. The "100 wrestlers better than Shawn Michaels" one gave me AIDS.

Mid-90s Shawn or mid 2000s Shawn? Because they would be two very different lists for me.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SwayWays said:

I think he's one of the best long standing main event WWE style wrestlers they have. I think because he's been there for so long, and his slightly caricature appearance, he gets overlooked than say an Orton.

It's probably because Orton was in the title hunt on and off for most of his tenure to date and held World titles about 10 times, and Sheamus spent half his time there in The Bar. He was stale as fuck when they used him to Luger Roman at Survivors 2015 and that League Of Nations twaddle did him no favours (or anyone, really). That was nearly 10 years ago.

Agreed on the match where he dropped the belt to Show though... that was an exceptional, unexpectedly dramatic one. Show was miserably played out at that point, but the fellah did wonders with him on that night.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Mid-90s Shawn or mid 2000s Shawn? Because they would be two very different lists for me.

It was an "of all time" scenario so total body of work, It's all fucking bollocks though isn't it? One loser with too much time on his hands thinks that 100 wrestlers as diverse as Jumbo Tsuruta, Sami Zayn, Bryan Danielson, Bruno Sammartino, Akira Hokuto etc are/were all better than HBK, by some criteria or another... I mean, it sounds daft to me but in the true spirit of "we've all got our opinions" good for him, but... actually making the list to prove a rhetoric of "I can name 100 wrestlers better than Shawn Michaels" .... yeah? Good for you. I'll be over here, not giving a shit.

Edited by air_raid
You took it all away, I give it all away