The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

I don’t know why Becky is getting all the heat. The belt has gone back to her because there’s almost no-one else ready. That’s not on her. She didn’t force Hunter to do fuck all for the Raw women’s division bar, “Rhea wins,” for nearly a year.

Anyone crying that Becky won over Liv Morgan should be forced to tell us their favourite Liv Morgan match.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

I think a lot of people, most notably herself had forgotten that what actually got her over to the next level was an accidental bloody nose during a pre Survivor Series brawl. Not anything she had specifically done, just pure happenstance.

Were you watching at the time? Specifically between SummerSlam and Evolution? This reads as though you weren't. Even the night in question when she strode out alone to stare down Team Raw she looked like the big fucking deal. That her covered in blood up in the stands became an iconic image absolutely does not detract from the fact she was the hottest star in the company already.

Big fan of her winning the belt in a battle royal rather than literally any other piece of booking they could have done. Nobody had to do a TV pinfall job, and the next champion who gets elevated will do so by beating The Man, rather than winning a vacant title because they couldn't beat Rhea Ripley and only injury could. Good stuff. Realistically, Becky losing it to Morgan so she's primed for Rhea's revenge is probably the way they'll go, and I have no problem with that.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I don’t know why Becky is getting all the heat. The belt has gone back to her because there’s almost no-one else ready. That’s not on her. She didn’t force Hunter to do fuck all for the Raw women’s division bar, “Rhea wins,” for nearly a year.

Anyone crying that Becky won over Liv Morgan should be forced to tell us their favourite Liv Morgan match.

This. Becky is a safe pair of hands to stick the belt on for a bit as no-one else is ready and they can spend a couple of months building a credible future champion, be it a Liv Morgan or whoever.

Had an Alexa Bliss or a Charlotte been ready to come back I wonder if they would have gone for a surprise winner last night, but working with what they have and a division that feels a tiny but thin and stale (something they can address with the draft). It's the most logical bet rather than hotshotting someone into a role they're not ready for and setting them up for failure.  

Edited by mim731
Spelling (not witchcraft)

• Paid Members

Fun fact for title reign nerds - this is the 5th run for Lynch with "the other one" - that being the title introduced as the SmackDown Womens title in 2016, which she was the first holder of. As opposed to the one where the lineage can be traced back to Moolah and which prior to Ripley's dominant reign coinciding with Io's forgettable one, was undoubtedly THE title. Becky technically held that one only twice so far, and one of those was the disappointing "let's just swap belts" where her and Charlotte both got drafted (which at least allowed her to lose THE title to Belair at a Mania). The only time Becky actually won THE title in the ring... was on last at Mania 35. Quality over quantity there, really.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nick James said:

The only other acceptable winner of that battle royal would have been Chelsea Green winning after cheating her way back into the ring. 

She's brilliant, isn't she? Great to see someone happy to be thriving in that sort of position.

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

The only other acceptable winner of that battle royal would have been Chelsea Green winning after cheating her way back into the ring. 

She's fantastic, and I don't understand why they continually have her lose. She plays the character brilliantly, and there would absolutely be money in a pushed version of that character either as challenging a strong babyface champion, or as champion. 

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

100% this, if you look at the participants in that match, there's pretty much no one else you could justify putting the belt on. Hopefully this will force them to build up the rest of the female roster a bit better than they have. 

I'm always a big believer when someone like Becky winning in lieu of no one currently better, or someone who could make the most of the opportunity. Priest had the MITB opportunity, he won the belt and I'm constantly having to remind myself about it when thinking who has the new big gold. I'm really hoping big things come off the back of that for him. Being a former champion use to mean something but as Jinder shows, people also remember how you won and how your reign went. 

I think there's more benefit in someone beating Becky directly for the belt than someone else winning last night. Wins/losses in a battle royale don't make a huge amount of difference really, but a big win over her could be more memorable.

I liked the long take of Becky backstage and then walking to the ring, stopping to give Maxxine Dupri a little pep talk. Lovely moment.

Liv Morgan’s graphic said she’s a 3 time champion. My memory is atrocious, but surely that can’t be right. I remember the Ronda cash-in, anything else must have been a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it reign.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Liv Morgan’s graphic said she’s a 3 time champion. My memory is atrocious, but surely that can’t be right. I remember the Ronda cash-in, anything else must have been a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it reign.

Presumably "3 time champion" includes that reign and her two runs with the tag titles.