The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I've just seen a suggestion on Reddit that McIntyre and Punk be forced into a tag team for a bit when Punk returns and I love that.  

I know it's a much used gimmick but the two of them coming out in their shirts dissing each other and then arguing on the apron would be fantastic.  And then you can decide who to turn and how in a nice dramatic fashion during a match.  It also allows Punk a soft re-entry to save his feeble body another immediate injury.

McIntyre done an interview last month where he said that coming off the back of his run during the pandemic, he got a sense that what he was doing wasn't a good fit anymore and needed to evolve. In his words people were happy to see him wearing the same hat, but he felt he couldn't stand still and needed to add layers to what he was doing. Obviously he's been given the leeway and opportunity to take things in a slightly different direction, and I don't know to what extent that would apply to everyone else, but it was interesting that after feeling he was off the boil for a relatively small amount of time he wasn't satisfied with staying in a comfortable rut. Sheamus hit that barrier a long time ago, and even if he did feel that he needed to take it up a level and tried to do something about it, he hasn't been able to do it successfully and that's the difference between guys like Sheamus and someone who's must watch. As has been noted above too, his identity is a bit of a caricature in that most of the time it's the merry fighting Irishman whereas McIntyre's Scottishness is a bit more gladiatorial. I like Sheamus, he's had an exceptional career and he's got great matches in him. I can take him or leave him though, and I think we seen everything he had to offer a while ago. 

• Paid Members

Good to see Jade Cargill is booked for a house show this weekend. Hope she gets to do a lot of these. If she can get to the point where she can work a solid ten minute match consistently I don’t think she needs much more. 

8 minutes ago, JLM said:

Good to see Jade Cargill is booked for a house show this weekend. Hope she gets to do a lot of these. If she can get to the point where she can work a solid ten minute match consistently I don’t think she needs much more. 

She's a hard one to judge. I definitely agree the experience will help her as I think it helps anyone. But I know she's been doing a lot of training, so I would hope she's more capable than we've seen so far and it's just the way she's been booked that means we haven't seen much. I can see why some people think perhaps she hasn't improved but we just don't know at the moment.

• Paid Members

Yeah at the end of her AEW run she had good matches with Kris Statlander which required a lot more than kick -> Jaded, but Statlander is awesome so it was hard to tell how much Jade had improved there too. 

I’m sure they’ll get her where she needs to be but yeah, even if she improves enough to be able to do a 25 minute epic I don’t think she ever needs to be doing that. I’d book her Lesnar style where it’s throwing bombs from the opening bell and it feels like it could end at any time. 

1 hour ago, JLM said:

Yeah at the end of her AEW run she had good matches with Kris Statlander which required a lot more than kick -> Jaded, but Statlander is awesome so it was hard to tell how much Jade had improved there too. 

I’m sure they’ll get her where she needs to be but yeah, even if she improves enough to be able to do a 25 minute epic I don’t think she ever needs to be doing that. I’d book her Lesnar style where it’s throwing bombs from the opening bell and it feels like it could end at any time. 

She should be the female Ultimate Warrior - big entrance, no-sell, a few power moves and blam!  They seem to be headed there, she had tassles the last time I saw her.

Incidentally are WWE going to rename Cora Jade?  They don't usually have two people with the same name.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Loki said:

Incidentally are WWE going to rename Cora Jade?  They don't usually have two people with the same name.

Back in the day they'd simply rename the good Jade just "Cargill" and have done with it.

Fucking "Riddle" vs "Theory." Utter joke.

Edited by air_raid
Here to change the game, a banner made of pain

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, air_raid said:

Back in the day they'd simply rename the good Jade just "Cargill" and have done with it.

Then, afterwards, if anyone regretted getting her name tattooed on them, they could simply add "ARTHURS" right in front of it, and get shit of a different kind.

What? WWE rehash storylines, I can rehash @Cannibal Man's joke.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Then, afterwards, if anyone regretted getting her name tattooed on them, they could simply add "ARTHURS" right in front of it, and get shit of a different kind.

Best pure striker in the history of the game.

On 4/19/2024 at 2:39 PM, JLM said:

I suppose she can get away with a lot because she is big and athletic. I never felt she was much of a loss for aew personally. I thought a lot of her matches were boring and her opponents were doing most of the work 

I don't know if its the general consensus or just an apparent majority on twitter this morning but either way it was a nice to see a lot of people sharing my opinion of being totally uninterested in Becky Lynch.

I think a lot of people, most notably herself had forgotten that what actually got her over to the next level was an accidental bloody nose during a pre Survivor Series brawl. Not anything she had specifically done, just pure happenstance.

I saw someone on twitter refer to her as Becky Hogan and I couldn't have agreed more.

By far the worst of the four horsewomen across the board apart from in her own mind. 

The women's roster at the moment has so many fresh and exciting newer talents on it. A baffling decision backwards in my opinion.

Edited by TAFKA Jonny Vegas

9 minutes ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

I don't know if its the general consensus or just an apparent majority on twitter this morning but either way it was a nice to see a lot of people sharing my opinion of being totally uninterested in Becky Lynch.

I think a lot of people, most notably herself had forgotten that what actually got her over to the next level was an accidental bloody nose during a pre Survivor Series brawl. Not anything she had specifically done, just pure happenstance.

I saw someone on twitter refer to her as Becky Hogan and I couldn't have agreed more.

By far the worst of the four horsewomen across the board apart from in her own mind. 

The women's roster at the moment has so many fresh and exciting newer talents on it. A baffling decision backwards in my opinion.

I took it more as a 'Your contract's up soon so we are keeping you sweet' kinda decision. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

I don't think that's fair, she was doing excellent work at the time and the bloody nose just helped put her over the top. Becky's initial run as "the Man" briefly got me back into WWE in a big way. I had pretty much checked out by that point but she became must see TV. When they absolutely bottled it at Wrestlemania by putting on a 3 way and have her win by fluke pin instead of a clean win over Rousey I checked back out again and haven't really gone back properly since. 

I've no clue what her work is like these days but I don't think that's an accurate view of the original angle. You couldn't have just slotted anyone else there and had the same result.