The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I've seen it put down to when she was thrown against the wall, and she was holding her arm afterwards. I'm not entirely convinced we're not having our pissers pulled though. She's been wearing a brace on her wrist of late, which she's attributed to "wear and tear", so if I'm being cynical she's put treatment for an injury she could temporarily Wrestle through on ice until after Wrestlemania then they've cooked this up. I could be wrong though. 

• Paid Members

What an incredible time we have now, where thanks to a record setting champion, a good story and a fine, well booked win, we see an Intercontinental Champion presented like this - fortuitous timing though it is that they’re back in Montreal - like “look at this guy, he fucking won big, he’s walked out a bigger deal than when he walked into Mania.” Bit early to say they’ve rescued the ICT having value but in the here and now, let’s forget that Sami is in his fourth reign because this feels like a first in all the ways the big wins for Bret, Razor, Bulldog and Tornado did - so meaningless was the title when Zayn won it three times before. Good for them, good for him.

And hopefully they'll do that great transition from mid card feud to top card if Gunther wins one of the titles and then Sami goes after him. Always been a big fan of when they carry feuds through various levels and elevate everyone involved.

And Sheamus came back with his old entrance theme! 

The Gable heel turn was well done too, I really hope this lifts him to the heights that he has the potential to reach.  

It's absolutely gutting to see Rhea vacate the belt - I've enjoyed every minute of her title reign, and the dynamic with Dominic Mysterio has been a blast. She'll come back as an enormous babyface of course, but her momentum was such that she didn't need a long break in order to achieve that. I knew I'd been enjoying her work, but I think I'd underestimate just how much I'd been enjoying it, given how deflating this all felt. Get well soon Rhea!

4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

And hopefully they'll do that great transition from mid card feud to top card if Gunther wins one of the titles and then Sami goes after him. Always been a big fan of when they carry feuds through various levels and elevate everyone involved.

I'd love to see this. I'm pretty sure Gunther will win a world title at some point; but I'm also extremely invested in seeing Sami win the big one at some point. Imagine having Sami headline a show in Montreal much as he did against Roman Reigns, but actually winning the world title this time? The reaction and moment would be utterly magical. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Warrior vs Rick Rude, Bret vs Shawn and Rock vs HHH being the obvious ones that come to mind.

• Paid Members

Rhea's title reign has been shite, through no fault of her own. She's been great despite it. A year of Matches with no feuds or decent angles. Appallingly booked. There's an argument to be had that she didn't need the title because all her great stuff has been Judgement Day related.

It's not like they didn't do brawls all over the buildings during the Dunn era of production but I love the subtle differences in the spontaneity now, exemplified in that Sami entrance. The area's not been preset with those queue belts cordoning the fans off to the sides, you're not getting cuts to hide the actual movement through a bland hall that connects that presentable TV set concourse to the presentable TV set 'arena'. You've got wrestlers literally batting through crowds and the building Raw takes place in is an actual environment, not that weeks shell that a TV set is made inside. 

Love that shit. 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

There's an argument to be had that she didn't need the title because all her great stuff has been Judgement Day related.

Conversely they could have done wonders if, like with a men’s title, she’d have been presented as the heel champion where you don’t just have her to worry about but the rest of the squad. Instead, she beat all the biggest obstacles to her dominance - Charlotte, Nia, Becky - by simply being better than them when the bell rang. Which is fine, if you want her to become a hero. But apparently she’s a heel.

Still not ruling out a bitter divorce and full face turn culminating in her vs Dom at Mania 41.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Gotta say I dig the new tag belt design. Clearly taking design inspiration from the world titles and effectively making them a family of belts. Love it.

Got to say they could have put a massive poo emoji on the silver belts and it would have looked better. I loved the square attitude era titles, and wish these weren’t round, but these new ones are a massive glow up.