The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

They definitely need to update the WWE Title, looked far too big on Cody, just didn't fit or suit him at all.

In contrast, Priest looked boss walking down with the World Title.

• Paid Members

Missing from my previous comment - I like Jaded as an exclamation point but I think Jade could do with wasting her victim with a powerbomb or something similar first. And by which I mean, a powerbomb. When you're that physically imposing over your opponents, there's no excuse for it not to a powerbomb. Either way, she can be a real star if they keep going like they've started.

This is visible from the car on my way to work every day ;

image.png.96cdddde7439b88957501e7a7daa645a.png

Always makes me smile. No, not in an "erection" way, get your minds out of the gutter.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

It seemed to be a very subtle beginning of a face turn for The Rock. His socials were all about how good a guy he is really over the last few months, seems daft if that is what they are going to do after how good the Final Boss character has been/could be. 

I didn’t think it was gradual, I think he went from heel to face within that whole exchange. I was surprised at the shift so soon, but like I said with X8, Hogan went from literally trying to kill The Rock in his car, to being mates the Raw after Mania™

42 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I reckon there’ll be a Shield reunion minus Ambrose before then.

A Shield reunion is one of the biggest things they still have left, so I'd actually be a bit disappointed by this. Unless they have it without the song, the fanfare, the name etc. I think it's a waste without all 3 present.

One day in the future that SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA will hit for real and all 3 of them will come through the crowd and everyone (Devon aside) will lose their minds. I cannot wait.

35 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

A Shield reunion is one of the biggest things they still have left, so I'd actually be a bit disappointed by this. Unless they have it without the song, the fanfare, the name etc. I think it's a waste without all 3 present.

One day in the future that SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA will hit for real and all 3 of them will come through the crowd and everyone (Devon aside) will lose their minds. I cannot wait.

Does Mox care though? I mean, if he truly cared about The Shield, he'd have stuck around. No doubt the reunion would feed families but I'm not convinced Mox cares. He enjoys his freedom unless it was a literal one night only. 

• Paid Members

I didn't get that The Rock was turning babyface from that segment at all. Did I watch the wrong one? He called everyone trailer trash, put undertones of threats throughout the segment, and then ended it with a thinly veiled gesture that he's got something on Rhodes. You're all mad.

5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I didn't get that The Rock was turning babyface from that segment at all. Did I watch the wrong one? He called everyone trailer trash, put undertones of threats throughout the segment, and then ended it with a thinly veiled gesture that he's got something on Rhodes. You're all mad.

Agreed. I think it was more 'What's he up to' rather than smiling babyface. Cody V The Rock should be massive and have The Rock continue on this trajectory. He has clearly loved it and it's hopefully convinced him to take some more risks (also in his acting career which has been shit for years)

10 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Does Mox care though?

No, especially as I'm not sure him and Rollins are particularly close. Mox loves the freedom he gets wrestling the way he loves. Perhaps in a few years if he feels like hanging it up, but I cannot see him being back there any time soon unless a deal was cut.

Overall it was an OK RAW. No real mega surprises. I do wonder where they go from here. Punk/Drew is obviously great fun, but I do question who's facing Cody until The Rock/Roman get back.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Factotum said:

No, especially as I'm not sure him and Rollins are particularly close.

Reigns and Mox are still close but him and Rollins aren't really mates. There's not heat there but they are essentially just former co-workers who don't keep in touch from what Rollins has said in the past.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Does Mox care though? I mean, if he truly cared about The Shield, he'd have stuck around.

I think I've written enough about Ambrose/Moxley in multiple threads lately. It was more about a very general "how things are done" from a creative sense that made him check out, on top of his voice not being heard when he pushed back or got made to do/say things he thought were stupid. He'd already decided to leave before The Shield split up, he didn't change his mind when they were reformed the final time. Draw your own conclusions.

14 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

No doubt the reunion would feed families 

That's twice in 48 hours I've read this in this context... is the new "people getting flowers"?

If I still allowed myself into the Minor Annoyances thread, that one's getting up there. Everyone speaking in the same voice is really grating in general, but words like props/credit are hardly forgettable. Plus everyone wants to say "discourse" instead of discussion/conversation/debate/argument like it makes them sound smarter. It's the new "revert."

14 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I didn't get that The Rock was turning babyface from that segment at all. Did I watch the wrong one? 

Maybe we're all reading too much into him bringing Cody flowers congratulating Cody on his win and saying how much he idolized his dad. Could be smarm, could be the "Hogan shaking Rock's hand" that eventually gets him beaten up and thrown out of the Bloodline.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Surely when something is ambiguous it’s the viewers interpretation? It’s clear some agreed with my view and some with yours and I’m not going to tell you that you’re wrong. 

Great post @air_raid, especially the point about feeding families. Confused me to and I think you explained it cromulently.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

29 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Does Mox care though? I mean, if he truly cared about The Shield, he'd have stuck around. No doubt the reunion would feed families but I'm not convinced Mox cares. He enjoys his freedom unless it was a literal one night only. 

I mean, I don't know that he has to particularly care for this to happen, and I'm not talking about it next week. It might take 5 years but I'm sure one day he might think it's a cool thing to do for a bit.

16 minutes ago, Factotum said:

but I cannot see him being back there any time soon unless a deal was cut.

Again, not expecting it to happen anytime soon. I'm sure he's loving life doing whatever he's doing.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Surely when something is ambiguous it’s the viewers interpretation? It’s clear some agreed with my view and some with yours and I’m not going to tell you that you’re wrong. 

Where did I say anyone was wrong?

That opening segment was an embarrassing load of awkward shit. As if the video tribute to Cody like he’s just died wasn’t bad enough, it followed with him and Rock weirdly deciding to hold each others belts for a minute. Fuck was that about? I thought it would at least lead to Cody smashing the toy belt, but no, they just gave them straight back. Awkward as fuck.

And that wasn’t even the most embarrassing thing on the show, Cena’s Hulk Hogan impression takes that crown.

Straight back to only watching the PPVs for me, the weeklies just aren’t for me. Wrestlemania was great, but this was the same Raw we’ve had for the last 5 years except everyone is a bit more human and they have some cool camera shots.

6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry, why are we all talking about The Rock and The Shield, when this exists.

Is this from Raw????? 

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Think you might be pulling yourself back in, chief.