The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Watched the opening Bloodline stuff. McAfee is tremendous when it comes to hyperbole. This is the first time I've properly been listening to him since he became a thing, and some of the excitable nonsense he comes out with is so refreshing compared to some of the talkers reciting the same lines over and over. Especially loved (of The Rock) "His arms are thighs! His traps are a barn!!" and (of Reigns) "There was a two hour documentary on this man last night that we all wish was three hours!" Although actually saying "goat" out loud is massive cringe.

For all my compliments on the better production re : camera angles, lighting effects, music and timing, they should bin crap like CGI-giant Reigns. And I hate over-pronouncing ring announcer.

The Rock is the absolute king of poise, timing and delivery. Every slight turn of his head seems to incite a reaction. It's the total antithesis to when they used to wheel out Hogan to diminishing returns because the people who loved him are slowly disappearing from live attendance or not bringing their kids to see it any more - or the kids grew out of it - whereas every new generation of fans that come along come around easily to why he's a big deal. Dangerously close to "so good at being a bad guy that people want to cheer" but, a fantastic bastard. I'm never watching Moana again either. Still wish, based on Hunter's post-presser verbiage directed to him, that him bragging about ratings and gates and taking credit for it all, was going to lead to a match between the two of them. Would be the best dad vs dad match since WrestleMania VI.

Hang about - Roman's said he's "gone" if he loses the belt to Cody? Well, that's a nice break until SummerSlam I assume. Roman did really well deflecting a Brooklyn crowd that seemed to want to cheer him initially. Partially because they're hardcores and partially because a lot of them probably watched his doc, and it's hard not to cheer for the bloke as a human being - but he reminded them he's the bad guy. Nice pop at Cody doing "nothing" in AEW, which he can recycle if he gets a Punk match later on.

I hate that they sucked me back in over the last 12 months.

I hate to bring this up but… Does anyone else think Roman doesn’t look that well at the moment?

I’m just wondering if some of the scrambling changes of plan over the last few months might be related to him not feeling that great and needing another extended period off.  I presume he’s on some fairly hefty drugs all the time for his leukaemia.

7 minutes ago, Loki said:

I hate to bring this up but… Does anyone else think Roman doesn’t look that well at the moment?

I’m just wondering if some of the scrambling changes of plan over the last few months might be related to him not feeling that great and needing another extended period off.  I presume he’s on some fairly hefty drugs all the time for his leukaemia.

He said he is on “very potent” drugs during his A&E Biography.

Personally, though, I think he looks fine if a little older.

Edited by FUM

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Loki said:

19 minutes ago, FUM said:

He said he is on “very potent” drugs during his A&E Biography.

I've said a few times that there's rumours he's shattered and taking longer and longer to feel recovered after every match, and that I don't know if he'll wrestle much beyond Mania 41, but get shouted down every time that he's said he's "only 38" and feels like he could go on for many more years. I think that's based on comments he gave to Helwani but... that interview was nearly a year ago. Which is a long time in wrestling at the best of times.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I kind of get that vibe, but if I'm mistaken then it's because of the increased presence of Hoodie Reigns. 

Wrestlers should be banned from wearing the fucking things. At least the big stars, when doing stuff in the ring. Orton looked crap in one. Punk looks crap in one, and he's hardly ICO PRO material. 

On 4/2/2024 at 9:41 PM, FUM said:

As much as I know people still love Sami, they’ve really taken away what got him to the level he did last year which was the comedy combined with the vulnerability for me.

You want comedy? You've got comedy!

7 hours ago, The Gaffer said:

I kind of get that vibe, but if I'm mistaken then it's because of the increased presence of Hoodie Reigns. 

Wrestlers should be banned from wearing the fucking things. At least the big stars, when doing stuff in the ring. Orton looked crap in one. Punk looks crap in one, and he's hardly ICO PRO material. 

The hoodie is like something my kids would get me for Christmas that their mum found on one of those Facebook algorithms things. But, it’ll all be worth it when he takes it off along with Rollin’s taking off his giant inflatable Sam Smith suit to reveal their Shield gear and stretching that story out one more year!

On 4/2/2024 at 1:59 PM, Doog said:

The night 2 card looks dreadful compared to night 1. 6 matches and one of them being Lashleys mob against Karrion Cross. Going to be a slog that show.

I’m interested in your thoughts given how dreadful Night 1 was, and how much more Night 2 felt like a Mania?

Our first Raw after Mania in the new Paul Levesque (seems weird typing that) era. Who’s getting the main roster debut? Any returns? Debuts? 

Bron would have been an obvious choice a few months ago, but they already brought him up.

In my deepest fantasies, Big E makes his triumphant return to save the New Day from an Imperium beat down. A man can dream. 

I honestly don’t know if MJF is still with AEW. Him showing up here is a damn sight more interesting than a 6 month Undisputed Kingdom program. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Our first Raw after Mania in the new Paul Levesque (seems weird typing that) era. Who’s getting the main roster debut? Any returns? Debuts?

Carmello Hayes seems a likely option; even though he’s already made a few main roster appearances. It’s a bit of a difficult one to call though, given that some of the obvious options (Cargill, Andrade and Breakker) debuted pre-Mania. Tama Tonga, maybe? Maybe it’ll be more about keeping the momentum going. I could see Rock turning on Reigns, and assuming the role of the leader of The Bloodline. Or maybe we’ll see the opposite happen; although I’m not quite ready to see The Final Boss character disappear, it’s a tremendous gimmick.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well it can't be any worse than last year when absolutely fuck all happened aside from Lesnar clocking Rhodes.

It feels like it's actually been quite a few years since "Raw after Mania" had been the wild ride of debuts, returns & happenings it once was. Not since before covid, maybe longer. 

Suspect it'll be different tonight. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Carmello Hayes seems a likely option; even though he’s already made a few main roster appearances. It’s a bit of a difficult one to call though, given that some of the obvious options (Cargill, Andrade and Breakker) debuted pre-Mania. Tama Tonga, maybe? Maybe it’ll be more about keeping the momentum going. I could see Rock turning on Reigns, and assuming the role of the leader of The Bloodline. Or maybe we’ll see the opposite happen; although I’m not quite ready to see The Final Boss character disappear, it’s a tremendous gimmick.

Isn’t he straight off to shoot another film? If so, would perhaps make sense for Roman to send him off with a beat down to tee up their future meeting.

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well it can't be any worse than last year when absolutely fuck all happened aside from Lesnar clocking Rhodes.

Didn’t Vince return in person and take over the show last year?