The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

According to my Cody hating mate, The Crowd were booing him? I didn't hear any boos. He does really hate him mind, probably hearing things. He keeps calling him makeover Stardust, like the comedian he is. Twat.

• Paid Members

Imagine being the WWE Champion heading into WrestleMania 40 and The Rock is on TV more often than you are.

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Roman isn't the same as any other WWE champion, he isn't on TV all the time and he usually sends his minions to do his work. Rock may say he is The Final Boss but he has acknowledged Roman as his Tribal Chief.

It can all be cleared up if Roman comes down on Friday and explains that The Rock is just Goro but he is Shang Tsung.

• Paid Members

I watched the Punk/Rollins/McIntyre segment finally and really enjoyed it.

I wouldn't go as far to say it was one of the greatest segments in the history of our great sport or any of that but for a semi-shooty threeway angle where one of the people can't get physically involved, it was a lot of fun. The dynamic between the three is fascinating, too. Rollins and Punk actually hating each other, Punk and McIntyre doing a great job of making it look like that's the case, and Rollins and McIntyre somehow cobbling together a chemistry that makes their match seem like a big deal now. It's making for an unpredictable situation because of how it's slightly interacting with the Bloodline/Cody stuff and also in terms of what will happen in the match. In terms of selling angles and the match, it was exactly what was needed.

I think all three of them pushed the boat out a bit too much with one or two things they said, but that's par for the course with wrestling now. It was about as good as anybody could reasonably ask for and Rollins is being dragged up to the level of Cody, Reigns, Punk and McIntyre whether he likes it or not. It feels like there's actual unpredictability with every big match they're doing this year. They've done some excellent work recently across the board. Everything is utterly chaotic and mad and it should be.

Love this vantage point for Cody and Rock's entrances.

After years of things getting gradually bigger and shinier seemingly without end, the Raw stage has actually shrunk down considerably now and they have this great balance between some really good lighting effects and the stars looking fucking megabucks coming out from behind the curtain.

This is just how things look and sound when you're molten hot because of the people on your show, and not just because you've cracked new media streams and markets to do record revenue years to cricket indifference

• Paid Members

IMG_7916.thumb.jpeg.f37895f0e5a024468cd4f60796d26585.jpeg

Art.

I’m fascinated by what this build would have looked like if they didn’t pivot, and stuck with Rock vs. Roman as the Mania match.

No heel turn. No FINAL BOSS. No Thanos entrance, walking through the lightning. No heavy heat angle, with the Blade Runner aesthetic in the rain. No blade job. No LOOK AT YOU NOW, BOY.

The idea of Roman in his current form, the overshadowed little brother, building towards a Wrestlemania main event with the goofy, babyface Rock we had before the pivot? What on Earth would that have looked like? Just weeks of the Family Tree PowerPoint? Rock and Roman doing a tug-of-war with the belt, like Brock and Roman? Has anyone reported on the original plans?

Christ, look at Rock's tattoo. It looks like the demon controlling him to torture Cody.

Like a scene straight out of a comic book movie. Incredible.

How can Roman turn up on Smackdown in his Fruit of the Loom hoodie after this?

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Christ, look at Rock's tattoo. It looks like the demon controlling him to torture Cody.

Like a scene straight out of a comic book movie. Incredible.

How can Roman turn up on Smackdown in his Fruit of the Loom hoodie after this?

If you waited 6 months for Pro Wrestling Tee’s to send you that you’d wear it every chance you get too.

I like his Air Jordan rip off branding too, reminds me of the Shaq trainers in Sports Direct.

Edited by Mr_Danger