The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

What everyone else said. Incredible stuff. 

It feels almost cruel to the guy at this point, though, but my personal standout was Rollins just pissing insecurity on the mic with Punk. 

"You don't care? Well...fine! Good! Because I don't care either! I'm super not bothered by you!" 

Unreal that there was folk who didn't want The Rock back, he's incredible.

I'm hoping the next year goes -

Cody beating Reigns at Mania.

Rock and co beating the shit out of Reigns to write him out until next years Rumble.

Rock beating Cody at Summerslam.

Reigns returning and beating Rock at Mania 41.

Surely there’s not people that still want Cody v Roman to be a pure wrestling match? I want to see the most overbooked mental chaos I’ve ever seen - five times more overbooked than Triple H v Sting for me. Throw everything at it - Rock, Austin, Cena, IRS. 

I generally check out the first segment or hour of RAW then pop off to bed. Last night was so good, I wound up awake for the full show without a hint of tiredness and I was still buzzing afterwards. Best episode start to finish in years by a country mile.

• Paid Members

The focus has been on maybe Seth turning, and I've been wondering if it's going to be Jey going back to the bloodline.

Him turning up dressed like the fanny pack photo tonight is CONCLUSIVE PROOF. Jey's rejoining the bloodline on night 1.

• Paid Members

IMG_7906.jpeg.2b65a0f73ad2408694c472f927fb2e51.jpeg

The way the camera kept getting it in shot, I refuse to believe it was an accident. Bloodline Rules on Night 2 needs to be the schmozziest schmozz of all time. Absolute bedlam. The whole roster out there. Brawls everywhere. Everyon’s covered in Cody’s blood. Eventually, the glass breaks and the trumpets roar. Stone Cold and John Cena do Avengers Assemble to help Cody overcome the odds, passing The Torch. Big win. Belt raised. Lift him on their shoulders. World record amount of pyro. Dogs kept at a safe distance.

They've built us all to fever pitch for Rock v Cody, haven't they, which is a pity as that's not actually on the WM card!  I reiterate what I said about Smackdown, Reigns is undoubtedly diminished by the star power of The Rock.  It only really fuels speculation that Reigns is going off for an extended break and so this is very much about the next 6 months of programming.

I'm glad we're all on the same page now about Night 2 - it has to be the full gamut of run-ins.  I've been saying for ages that Stone Cold is going to be there, and if you add Cena to that mix you have possibly the biggest match of all time.  

I want Rollins, having lost his belt, to turn on Cody, leading to Reigns and Rollins reuniting.  Can we borrow John Moxley for the night?  Imagine The Shield and The Rock lining up opposite Cody, Cena, Stone Cold and Jey.  Goodness me.  Throw everything at it, like you did with Sting v HHH.

I didn't actually watch a single minute of any actual wrestling on this show, but then this is WWE High Drama wrestling where the actual moves in the ring are completely irrelevant.  That outside brawl was WWE at its best.  Bring on Wrestlemania!

Edit : @Lorne Malvo yeah the huge swathe of time devoted to Punk was awful and pointless, and only served to remind us all how petty and narcissistic he is.

Edited by Loki
Yo living in these times of life is getting hectic We got to find a method to survive the head trips

• Paid Members

I'm torn as to what would be better; Cody winning it on his own, or Cody and friends uniting to stop the Bloodline. Both would be pretty spectacular ways to end the show.

CM Punk invoking the ghost of a rapist to get a 'ooohhh!' from the crowd is really shit.

The Rock V Cody now seems like a mega blockbuster Wrestlemania main event. But it isn't. So on the one hand absolutely fantastic, but I care less about Roman/Cody. Anyway, The Rock is killing it.

Enjoyed the Punk segment. He was back on form. Chicago probably bringing out the best in him. I thought the Cornette line was an extremely subtle dig at AEW. We know he can't say anything so for me it was the one little shot he could maybe get in. Or maybe i'm reading too much into it.

Just now, mim731 said:

While I liked it a lot, that Punk segment has definitely confirmed that Seth Rollins doesn't understand irony. 

He looked like the odd one out in the charisma stakes didn't he as well?

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Loki said:

Can we borrow John Moxley for the night?  Imagine The Shield and The Rock lining up opposite Cody, Cena, Stone Cold and Jey.  Goodness me.  Throw everything at it, like you did with Sting v HHH.

To completely recapture Sting vs HHH you'd need the rest of the Bloodline standing on the other side with Roman waving to them not sure whose side he should be on, plus Taker, Shane and the ghosts of Vis, Boss Man and Test standing next to Austin as we pretend that in the storyline the Corporate Ministry weren't his blood enemies and would never come to his aid in a huge ruck.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Having watched the simmering sexual tension threaten to bubble over between Punk, Rollins and McIntyre, I've never been more convinced (or terrified) that Priest will cash in at Mania.

Seth did one thing I liked - dropping the mic in such a manner after he left Drew laying. Subtle, which he doesn't usually manage.

Edited by air_raid
The IMPLICATION.

Drew off the cuff calling out Punk's lazy gay joke was the moment for me during that whole exchange, what a hypocrite, innit?

Rocky looked class coming out with that new entrance, a proper nasty cunt during that beatdown, too. The first time since his return that I've been fully behind it.