The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

My one final takeaway from last night’s episode is that you can have a Title reign that spans six hundred and forty five days, loads of great matches, loads of prestige returned, two great, heartfelt promos and absolutely everything can be undermined by one single sound.

At the conclusion of that Sami/Gunther contract signing, when the microphone picked up the loud scratch of Gunther undoing the Velcro to throw the belt over his shoulder, you may as well have not bothered, lads. Fucking Velcro! Killed the mood dead. You’re fighting over a toy belt from Smyths Toy Superstore.

2 minutes ago, JLM said:

You’d better not be enjoying that. 

Oh don't worry I don't even like McDonald's.

I'll be sitting there eating it and muttering to myself that Burger King has better action inside the restaurant, all of the staff at BK aren't washed up part timers, too many gherkins in the mid card of the burger, the chips are past their sell by date, and the Hamburglar knew about the allegations at the very top of the organisation so anyone that still eats at McDonald's is a cunt. Later on I might reply to some pro McDonald's tweets with some memes about BK.

That's right isn't it?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, air_raid said:

@Supremo 

"Matt Hardy was in attendance last night for Monday night Raw"

Sure, but it looks like it was because he bought a ticket. It was in Raleigh. I'd like to think there's the same chance of him being on the cusp of a deal as there was for Su Pollard when she rocked up at the Docklands for Hogan vs Savage in 1989.

Oh yeah, I’m sure he was there on his own dime, but he’ll still be playing the game. Get his name out there. Build a bit of buzz. Try and get both companies to think there’s a return on investment and they’ll miss out if they let the other team sign him. You’d assume both Hunter and Tony are smart enough to know there’s nothing there, but honestly? Especially given WWE’s recent hires? I bet we see Matt Hardy vs. Karrion Kross before year’s end. 

I’m going to McDonalds later, but not before I go past Burger King and take some photographs of the attendance. The Big Mac will taste nicer if I know McDonalds had a bigger crowd. Didn’t even curtain off the hard cam!

has a broad/safe menu to appeal to as many people as possible

This is a pretty important part of the "best selling = quality" conversation.  It's the rotten tomatoes thing, the aggregate appeal being seen as a mark of quality when quite often it means "wasn't seen as bad by the largest number of people".

WWE/Coldplay/McDonalds offer an easily accessible product. They reduce the things that turn people off, often homogenising other work within the same field to make the most palatable version of things. There is an incredible quality to this creation, it's takes skill and work but it's a different quality to the more traditional artistic idea of quality. The thing is the concept of "quality" is subjective... To get more into my personal opinion I feel it one definiton prioritises comfort and I prefer the opposite but therein lies the problem, when faced with people having different perspectives from us we often reduce their's because it's less comprehensible then ours...

I guess if you want to define "best" in an objective way then "most successful" is the only definition. However you'll just find a lot of people who take issue with that fact, the problem is you're now arguing basically different concepts of reality. The internet/humans love to take that rather complicated element of human interaction (that people think and see the world differently) and then reduce the opposing viewpoint. People who like films different from the ones you like are "dumb" or "pretentious". Wrestling fans opinions differ because "tribalism". Everyone who voted for brexit is "racist".  We've got to accept people have different fundemental ideas of "quality" or "how to make our country better".

Edited by organizedkaos
A Nice Hot Edit With Crazy P

37 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh don't worry I don't even like McDonald's.

I'll be sitting there eating it and muttering to myself that Burger King has better action inside the restaurant, all of the staff at BK aren't washed up part timers, too many gherkins in the mid card of the burger, the chips are past their sell by date, and the Hamburglar knew about the allegations at the very top of the organisation so anyone that still eats at McDonald's is a cunt. Later on I might reply to some pro McDonald's tweets with some memes about BK.

That's right isn't it?

Wears a funny wig, has white powder all over his face, is a bit of a clown……

spacer.png

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

the Hamburglar knew about the allegations at the very top of the organisation so anyone that still eats at McDonald's is a cunt.

Fuck sake, gotta tell the kids we're boycotting Maccies.

He might be my favourite act in wrestling right now, he’s bloody sensational. I’ve no idea what his contract status is, but I really hope he nets a significant increase on what he’s earning, whether he remains in WWE or lands in AEW. He’s at Christian Cage levels of brilliance.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

He might be my favourite act in wrestling right now, he’s bloody sensational. I’ve no idea what his contract status is, but I really hope he nets a significant increase on what he’s earning, whether he remains in WWE or lands in AEW. He’s at Christian Cage levels of brilliance.

This post made my brain skip a few stops for the train of thought and went straight to the mental image of Hunter borrowing from my favourite bits of Sir Alex Ferguson bants of all time, and getting a note slipped to TK midway through a PPV.

”By far your worst wrestler in the first half was Christian Cage. I strongly recommend you release him so he can go to WWE.”