The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

What keeps Cody busy until Rock gets back? They might as well not have him defend it when everyone knows that the Rock match is already set up.  Unless they do the Roman rematch next. I heard on Wrestletalk that it sounds like the end of year Saudi show is the likely one for Rock vs Cody match. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, OzExile said:

What keeps Cody busy until Rock gets back? 

Either Rollins turns on him or he goes to SmackDown for fresh match-ups a-plenty. Cody vs Orton writes itself.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

"well, Tongan, Samoan, all the same, innit?".

Geography is not a strong point for Americans. Anywhere in Polynesia will do, in fact scrap that, most Americans think Polynesia is when you can't remember parrots. Anywhere in the Pacific will do. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

most Americans think Polynesia is when you can't remember parrots. 

Arrested Development Taking Notes GIF by HULU

Edited by air_raid
Blue myself.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

As for the possibility of Tama Tonga in the Bloodline, I hope they don't go in that direction. He's not part of the family, even in the tenuous way that The Rock is, and I think that dilutes the selling point of that stable, and is a bit "well, Tongan, Samoan, all the same, innit?".

Given The Rock has been very vocal in the past about seeing Haku (he'll always be Meng to me) as an uncle even if they aren't technically "related" I'm not sure it's that hard a sell in all honesty without it drifting into that mire of casual xenophobia. A quick line in a promo to say "our fathers bled together, so he's bloodline" or something better but along those lines, effectively papers over that crack pretty easily.

Personally, I'd like to see what Tama can do on his own first, because I think he's a pretty good performer on his own merits, but if they must bring in fresh recruits for The Bloodline while Reigns is off, there are easy ways to connect the dots. 

Jesus, how far has Nakamura's stock fallen? He still looked good out there but not even a hot Philly Mania crowd gave a shit about him, might as well have had him "already in the ring" like an actual jobber.

9 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Given The Rock has been very vocal in the past about seeing Haku (he'll always be Meng to me) as an uncle even if they aren't technically "related" I'm not sure it's that hard a sell in all honesty without it drifting into that mire of casual xenophobia. A quick line in a promo to say "our fathers bled together, so he's bloodline" or something better but along those lines, effectively papers over that crack pretty easily.

Yeah, TV wise they very much see Haku as part of the family. He teamed with Rikishi for a spell too so it’s not like it’s something that has been randomly whipped up. It’s not like The Bloodline is totally protected from outsiders joining anyway - Heyman and Zayn aren’t exactly bigging up their Samoan heritage. And it’s not like they totally stick to reality, The Usos have said before they don’t refer to Roman as their cousin, they call him Uncle. Rock and Roman aren’t even blood related either.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I think RAW after Wrestlemania is less of a thing now that Wrestlemania is two nights long anyway.

I dunno, it was a trending hashtag last night, so it’s definitely pushed as such.

Anyway just for davynumbs i had to watch it. Very interesting to see them start the first pro wrestling era show with one of the longest in ring segments ever. I’m glad Cody got all the appreciation, he deserves it. Nice video package too.

I think we were all expecting The Rock to come down to kick some arse or set up the next stage. Instead it reminded me (from memory) of The Raw After WrestleMania™ from X8 where Hulk came out to go face. It didn’t feel very boss/heel like by the end so I was a bit confused as to where his character fits now. “You don’t need to open your hand to know what is in it. Don’t break my heart again”. WTF IS THAT?

Surprised to see Shin being used in a squash for Dragunov. Fun segment with Awesome Truth/Cena and the losers of Judgement Day. That faction can’t last much longer can it?

The production the whole weekend was fantastic, and demonstrated here by a quick slap of Dom’s hand. AEW had a great advantage here by not having Kevin Dunn’s rapid fire camera cuts, now it looks like normal wrestling again.

Somethings from the Vince era will never change 

IMG_3156.thumb.jpeg.ae373507e225de9cae367dfa9f85b607.jpeg

Michael (not a hostage) Cole announced 201,924 WWE fans attended Mania weekend. Selling that many tickets over a weekend is impressive. Trying to make out all those were individual people, less so. But hey, Roman Reigns beat the record of headlining WrestleMania main events by being in 2 this year. One show spread over 2 nights. WWE MATHS MF!

Taking out my utter disgust at the new era (he also narrates the numpers, Ego has landed) from a moral point of view, it’s gonna be a fun ride it seems. Enjoy it folks.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Given The Rock has been very vocal in the past about seeing Haku (he'll always be Meng to me) as an uncle even if they aren't technically "related" I'm not sure it's that hard a sell in all honesty without it drifting into that mire of casual xenophobia.

12 minutes ago, FUM said:

Yeah, TV wise they very much see Haku as part of the family. He teamed with Rikishi for a spell too so it’s not like it’s something that has been randomly whipped up.

Plus The Islanders were Haku & Tama (Sam Fatu). There's storyline kinship between the families dating back to the Coliseum Video days.

3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Plus The Islanders were Haku & Tama (Sam Fatu). There's storyline kinship between the families dating back to the Coliseum Video days.

If the work of Sean Mooney has been involved in some way, that’s all I need to make it credible.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Yeah I was thinking that, which made me think a quick reference to their fathers/uncles having fought together is probably enough to bridge the gap and make it all fit together.  

I want to see Jimmy taking on the role as temporary shit head leader of The Bloodline. Have him running amok until Roman comes back with a couple of young studs from the Islands. The Bloodline probably won’t be a thing by the next Mania anyway, I reckon there’ll be a Shield reunion minus Ambrose before then.

44 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

“You don’t need to open your hand to know what is in it. Don’t break my heart again”. WTF IS THAT?

It seemed to be a very subtle beginning of a face turn for The Rock. His socials were all about how good a guy he is really over the last few months, seems daft if that is what they are going to do after how good the Final Boss character has been/could be. 

• Paid Members

yeah, fair enough, it would only take one line in a promo to get Tama Tonga over as a member of the Bloodline - same goes for Heyman, really, early on he brought up his history with managing members of the family as to why Roman would seek counsel from him, job done. I'm still concerned that it risks hanging over every Polynesian wrestler for the foreseeable future, that people will speculate about them joining the Bloodline at the expense of thinking about what they could achieve in their own right, similar to how for a time any female wrestlers who so much as wore some dark eyeshadow had people calling for her to debut as Sister Abigail.