The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

4 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Liv Morgan’s graphic said she’s a 3 time champion. My memory is atrocious, but surely that can’t be right. I remember the Ronda cash-in, anything else must have been a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it reign.

There's a period where I wasn't watching WWE so I may be wrong, but I think they're including tag title reigns in this stat. 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I've always found it crazy that Ronda wouldn't do a clean job for Becky Lynch but put Liv Morgan over more than once.

Very strange.

It wasn't that she wouldn't lose clean, she just wasn't keen on tapping out. Which I (and their agent, and Becky) understood.

She loved Liv, mind. That "extreme rules" match where she beat her, she wanted them to be rolling round in thumb tacks when Liv passed out rather than tap, so Morgan looked hard as nails for not submitting to the pain even in dropping the belt back to Ronda.

Considering that little interaction between Liv Morgan and Dom Mysterio, surely they're going to end up turning Liv heel and having those two together eventually as part of the feud between her and Rhea Ripley so it makes sense to have a big babyface like Becky for her to take the title off in a few months. Plus they can still do one more Becky v Nia Jax match at Backlash. 

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

It wasn't that she wouldn't lose clean, she just wasn't keen on tapping out. Which I (and their agent, and Becky) understood.

She loved Liv, mind. That "extreme rules" match where she beat her, she wanted them to be rolling round in thumb tacks when Liv passed out rather than tap, so Morgan looked hard as nails for not submitting to the pain even in dropping the belt back to Ronda.

She didn't lose clean to Becky though, she pulled her shoulder up on the pin. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

My dream of Rhea vs Dom is still alive.

I think that's inevitable, at some point. 

I do wonder if they might end up going the Chyna route with Rhea in general and have her mixing it up with the men full time.

I believe some of the TV networks have a blanket ban on showing any kind of male on female violence (when TNA booked Awesome Kong vs Kute Kip years ago, it was a total squash with zero offence from Kip to get round that) but I don't know if that's the case for WWE now, or if the move to Netflix will permit. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

She didn't lose clean to Becky though, she pulled her shoulder up on the pin. 

Which was an accidental fuck up of a planned clean pin, out of her own mouth. Not refusing.

Good God this show needs a draft.

Priest/Uso was naff. Damian Priest seemed unsure on the mic, and Jey is only tolerable as the energetic foil to someone with more gravitas. Essentially, I'm not sure Priest is more than a US title guy and Jey Uso a very good tag guy.

Segment was cold, fans didn't seem bought into it particularly and it couldn't feel any further from a World Title feud. 

It feels like such a comedown of a banner feud after a Mania season where everyone was talking about how wrestling was cool again.

Drew McIntyre is the best thing Raw has going for it. I hope CM Punk's arm is fixed sooner rather than later.

Get LA Knight on the show, or Owens, or Orton. Give them the platform if Raw needs a lead star.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

13 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Priest/Uso was naff. Damian Priest seemed unsure on the mic, and Jey is only tolerable as the energetic foil to someone with more gravitas. Essentially, I'm not sure Priest is more than a US title guy and Jey Uso a very good tag guy.

I've never really bought the idea of Priest as a World Champion, even before he won the belt. That said, I think the only way his run has a chance of working would be to have a strong first challenger, as opposed to someone no one buys as a realistic threat. Jey can work as a challenger, I think, but only if the champion is strong. If Drew hadn't lost the belt, I don't see any harm in Drew/Jey as a title feud. 

13 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Get LA Knight on the show, or Owens, or Orton. Give them the platform if Raw needs a lead star.

Honestly, I think they missed a trick by not somehow transitioning the Money in the Bank briefcase to Dominic Mysterio, and having him become World Champion. Dominic vs. LA Knight in a feud for the fake world title could be a lot of fun, as far as crowd reactions are concerned. Dominic vs. Orton too, I'd like to see that. There's something very bland about Priest. 

• Paid Members

Just a thought ; while everyone's got used to the idea Gunther might be moved up to main event challenger status, I think it's a lock that he'll be drafted to SmackDown. As a baddie, it's more likely he'll be pointed at Cody than Priest.

I think title feuds will be thus ; for Priest, Jey Uso as we already know, then LA Knight once he's been drafted, then Drew at Clash Glasgow. For Cody, AJ then Gunther. Those probably take us into briefcase season at which point all bets are off. Still think Priest vs Balor is where we land.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Some of the draft rules have been announced. Accompanied by full roster shots.

spacer.png

I draw your attention to Paul Ellering looking like he’s about to murder your entire family. 

Or Punk didn’t use lube. 

• Paid Members

I like to think I’m catching up, but I still don’t know who half those faces belong to.