The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

The first iteration of Bray Wyatt in NXT, his matches were actually fun to watch due to the way he moved around completely different to anyone else, dancing with the limp body of his opponent etc. It was fun, Bray went to shit when it turned supernatural, as all gimmicks do.

• Paid Members

Assuming it’s Bray Wyatt, I’m interested to see what his output is like without going through the Vinny Mac filter. It always felt like Bray had great ideas and cool concepts that never went anywhere and eventually fell into the same pattern as most characters on Vince’s TV, boiled down to one note, rinsed and repeated until the end of time/contract.

Would be mad if it was Aleister Black!

Nice to be excited by WWE again, isn’t it? I might avoid spoilers and seek out Smackdown! First time in a long time!

I still think Triple H’s run so far is being graded on a massive curve and he’s getting far too much credit for implementing the most basic of changes, but still. Definitely going in the right direction!

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I still think Triple H’s run so far is being graded on a massive curve and he’s getting far too much credit for implementing the most basic of changes, but still. Definitely going in the right direction!

I think that's always been key to the frustration and disappointment though. It's never been a shit company. They've always had a great talented roster. Its just the presentation and booking needed tweaking. It never needed a massive overhaul. And that's being proven in those little changes making things so much better. It's still going to be WWE and there will still be people that prefer the AEW way or whatever, but at least we're getting the GOOD version of WWE now.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Assuming it’s Bray Wyatt, I’m interested to see what his output is like without going through the Vinny Mac filter. It always felt like Bray had great ideas and cool concepts that never went anywhere and eventually fell into the same pattern as most characters on Vince’s TV, boiled down to one note, rinsed and repeated until the end of time/contract.

I don’t know if you’ve seen Triple H’s interview with Ariel Helwani but he pretty much says in a round about way that Bray is creative but some of his ideas are ridiculously bad. He actually hinted at not signing him because of it. At least that’s the impression I got.

1 hour ago, FUM said:

I don’t know if you’ve seen Triple H’s interview with Ariel Helwani but he pretty much says in a round about way that Bray is creative but some of his ideas are ridiculously bad. He actually hinted at not signing him because of it. At least that’s the impression I got.

And isn’t that the exact sort thing you’d expect someone to say if you didn’t want word of his (or anyone else’s) return getting out?

• Paid Members

Seems a bit of a waste of a tease, it being a current main roster wrestler, who recently returned and has been around the main event scene? 

If it's not Bray, then I can't think who else it could be. This was posted a few days ago by the chap who designed the Fiend mask.

Spoiler

Spoiler tagged as my little lad has just shit himself at the picture so thought I would pre-warn.

59 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Seems a bit of a waste of a tease, it being a current main roster wrestler, who recently returned and has been around the main event scene? 

Well, they did do that for Edge just about 2 months ago.

Maybe it's for Bray Wyatt AND Karrion Kross.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Well, they did do that for Edge just about 2 months ago.

Edge was out through an injury angle, not currently on TV, granted it was only a few weeks, but hardly the same thing. Kross was on TV less than a week ago.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:28 PM, Nick James said:

The first iteration of Bray Wyatt in NXT, his matches were actually fun to watch due to the way he moved around completely different to anyone else, dancing with the limp body of his opponent etc. It was fun, Bray went to shit when it turned supernatural, as all gimmicks do.

This is the Bray Wyatt I want to see again, the straight-up Max Cady gimmick.  He took all the good bits from De Niro's performance and translated them into the ring, it was fabulous.

Any hint of supernatural bollocks and it's ruined.  The WHOLE point of this sort of character is that real evil is in the hearts of men.

• Paid Members

Even considering how mad pro-wrestling has been the last few years, the maddest thing might be Triple H throwing out blink-and-you-miss it QR codes on Monday Night Raw, a three hour slog that’s impossible to consistently pay attention to, regardless of the improved quality.

I watched this show live. I enjoyed a lot of it. Fucked if I spotted a single QR code though. It’s not physically possible to sit and stare at this show for that long, paying it your full attention, when you can be tidying up or hanging some washing out whilst it plays in the background. It’s like a philosophical battle between what Hunter wants the show to be and what the length and history of the show has always forced it to be.

Reports from people who inexplicably did manage to spot a QR code suggest they teased Aleister Black! Crazy if it ends up being him! He and Bray finally join forces and make spooky lore fans collectively spunk their knobs off!

EDIT: Malakai has made a statement on Instagram live explaining it’s not him and he’s still signed to AEW. Weird of WWE to tease him, then. Especially if he’s going through personal issues.

White Rabbit speculation aside, the best thing about post-Vince WWE remains how loose and happy the show now is. After years of robots at the desk, it’s still ridiculously novel hearing commentators making goofy movie references; “he made him bleed his own blood!” Or better yet, Kevin Owens HAVING A FIGHT WITH A SIGN. Incredible. Six months ago they’d have either took that sign off the fan, or ordered Kevin to avoid that side of the ring. Now though? A moment of sheer improvised joy!

10A0A5E9-A7F0-4A8E-BCC8-A0B521CE6B14.thumb.jpeg.417fbb3646880eae64e0a73c5a3c280e.jpeg

Belting little tag match with Owens and Gargano. Between this one and the Smackdown main event last week something has definitely changed in terms of agenting. The speed and psychology of everything has switched massively. Didn’t Vince’s final address to everyone include telling them to slow down, grab a hold and sell? I love that they threw that letter straight in the bin before popping on another PWG DVD to watch for inspiration.

Fair play to Hunter in terms of booking a pay per view, too. Considering Extreme Rules is his first “B show,” that card is anything but a B show! The thing is stacked!

Fuck me though. AJ is going to end up bringing in the Good Brothers, isn’t he? You can smell it a mile off. The way in which those two shitarses seem to always land on their feet and continue stealing a living is something that should be studied until the end of time.

Edited by Supremo