Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, Statto said:

"So, first night back Braun! What're you wearing out there? Big, bright red trousers?? O...k..."

Been good enough for far better men than Braun, brother.

Posted
11 hours ago, Supremo said:

Top singles stars making the tag division look like shit seems to be another Vince-ism Hunter can’t shake.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised at that, given how Triple H treated tag teams in NXT. Why not have him destroy the 24/7 division instead, and use that as a way of permanently writing that division off TV, which, it seems Hunter is very keen to do (and rightly so).

I thought this was the weakest Triple H-booked Raw to date, and it probably could do with having a full-time Champion, as much as I'm enjoying the Roman Reigns storyline. They've kind of booked themselves into a corner with that one, though. There's not really a way out of it without ruining your best storyline. 

11 hours ago, Supremo said:

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn staying with WWE has turned into all-time great decisions, hasn’t it? Top lads. Give me the Eddie and Benoit at Wrestlemania moment with those two, minus all the horrible stuff that followed.

 This, 100%. I could actually see this happening for them at some point in the future too, which is pretty crazy; given how things felt just over a month ago. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

WWE re-signing Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn will be their best bit of business in a long, long time. Both are on absolute fire lately and the resurgence of KO is a thing to behold. He looks like the real deal again. The promo with Theory was very good along with the brawl afterwards.

This is great ..

 

Posted
39 minutes ago, Nick James said:

WWE re-signing Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn will be their best bit of business in a long, long time. Both are on absolute fire lately and the resurgence of KO is a thing to behold. He looks like the real deal again. The promo with Theory was very good along with the brawl afterwards.

 

I can't wait to see this version of Owens come up against Roman Reigns - he's absolutely flying right now. On the other hand, I'm struggling to see anything of value in Austin Theory. In ring, he's bang average. Not bad, but far from stand-out. On the mic, he's mediocre. He looks more like one half of a tag team than he does a future world champion. Last, but absolutely not least, you then have the allegations made against him. I don't see what WWE sees in him that would make them think it's worth overlooking this. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

On the other hand, I'm struggling to see anything of value in Austin Theory. In ring, he's bang average. Not bad, but far from stand-out. On the mic, he's mediocre. He looks more like one half of a tag team than he does a future world champion. Last, but absolutely not least, you then have the allegations made against him. I don't see what WWE sees in him that would make them think it's worth overlooking this. 

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't see much at all in Theory outside of his look (Which as KO pointed out, isn't unique), I just thought he was good in this segment as the cocky empty head target for KO's barbs. 

His only enjoyable run, was in The Way, which validates your point of him being better in a tag. Stick him with Dijakovic, he's not doing anything of note.

Posted
5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I can't wait to see this version of Owens come up against Roman Reigns - he's absolutely flying right now. On the other hand, I'm struggling to see anything of value in Austin Theory. In ring, he's bang average. Not bad, but far from stand-out. On the mic, he's mediocre. He looks more like one half of a tag team than he does a future world champion. Last, but absolutely not least, you then have the allegations made against him. I don't see what WWE sees in him that would make them think it's worth overlooking this. 

Quite tall, built, young, (subjectively) handsome. 

We live in a superficial world.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm the last person to insist on wrestlers being musclebound behemoths, but there's something very odd going on when a billed height of 6'1" constitutes "quite tall" in WWE.

As for handsome, maybe I'm missing something, but he's an odd looking dude to me.

Posted

The Judgment Day have gotten far better since slotting Rhea into the leader role I must say.

Really enjoying The Miz/Lumis stuff too.

RAW continues to be the best wrestling show at the moment.

Posted
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I'm the last person to insist on wrestlers being musclebound behemoths, but there's something very odd going on when a billed height of 6'1" constitutes "quite tall" in WWE.

As for handsome, maybe I'm missing something, but he's an odd looking dude to me.

I said/included ‘subjectively’

As for quite tall… maybe it’s the choice of his adversaries or that wrestler don’t appear as tall as they were in the past? 

  • Paid Members
Posted

B42950E7-4928-496A-9647-0790909904C0.jpeg.d930b925c73e513ef492913ccd4064fb.jpeg

“Handsome.”

The most interesting and surprising thing about Austin Theory is that his finisher isn’t the shitty Overdrive / Playmaker / O-zone.

FE5427F8-C6FB-48C1-A4FE-312ADC32D6EF.gif.6fca521a9598be03d53168c49f6d39a6.gif

He suits that finisher more than anyone ever. A boring, generic Create-a-wrestler, with bang average stats, apart from his “nonce,” stat, which is potentially quite high.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...