Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Another show that definitely felt like a step in the right direction. I'm all for chaos and creating something that people are looking forward to watching. Some solid matches in there as well. Feels like RAW should do..

 

Posted

Ive really enjoyed Raw the last few weeks. Everything feels fresh and the talent involved seems rejuvenated. KO being a perfect example.

Starting off with a bit of chaos is fun like they did with Smackers starting off with Rousey turning up and crashing the show.

I was well and truly fed up with Gargano in NXT but I think a large part of that was the never ending stuff with Adam Cole. His work with The Way was entertaining.

I'd be surprised it the women's tournament injuries isn't a work to make way for Sasha and Naomi to return.

Not sure about Lumis, hated the hokey stuff in NXT with him but the stuff on Raw has been ok and has me intrigued to see where it goes. Although I assumed he was coming for AJ these past few weeks, not Miz.

The main event was good but I wasn't into Edge being put through the announce table to go to break just to come back with him on top delivering a top rope frankensteiner.

I'm all for Beth Phoenix vs Rhea Ripley. Hopefully one on one at some point and not just the inevitable mixed tag. 

Posted
4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

when Petey worked a CHIKARA King of Trios a few years back, he was on two out of three nights of the weekend, and nobody else was allowed to do the move until night three, after he'd left.

Exactly how it should be. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Massive buzz kill reading they brought Gargano back but not as the goofball leader of The Way. Acting the tit, snapping Regal’s pencils and trying to get everyone to corpse was the best thing he ever did. I assume this means Candice is heading back to WWE too, which is a shame. She’s exactly the type of talent AEW’s women’s division could use. I really rate her.

On the plus side, I think everyone can agree the best thing for this business is Gargano and Adam Cole being kept as far away from each other as possible.

Gargano coming back is the first one to really set alarms bells off though. All these favourites of Triple H getting released by Vince, doing fuck all, then coming back once Hunter’s in power, it’s almost as if everyone knew what was coming and all they had to do was bide their time. At first it was just something to half joke about, but now more than ever I’m convinced either Triple H was the one who leaked all the shit involving Vince, or he at least knew it was coming.

Tyler Breeze will be the clincher. Has he had a single match since leaving NXT? Any Indy dates? Not even a cameo on AEW Dark? If he comes back in the next few weeks I reckon we can take it as confirmed there was a WhatsApp group called, “Hunter’s Faves,” where they were all told to sit at home playing video games and it was only a matter of time before Pappa Trips got the power and brought them all back.

Edited by Supremo
Posted

Johnny left by choice to spend time with his family for a while. I don't see how that would set alarm bells off. He didn't want or need to rush to make a decision on anything. Very different situation to anyone else.

Posted (edited)

You could tell something happened on SmackDown as Gigi Dolin seemed a bit out of it for quite a bit of the match so I don’t think there’s anything more to it and seems to be a legit concussion.

Edited by burchybabi
-
Posted
10 hours ago, Supremo said:

Massive buzz kill reading they brought Gargano back but not as the goofball leader of The Way. Acting the tit, snapping Regal’s pencils and trying to get everyone to corpse was the best thing he ever did. I assume this means Candice is heading back to WWE too, which is a shame. She’s exactly the type of talent AEW’s women’s division could use. I really rate her.

On the plus side, I think everyone can agree the best thing for this business is Gargano and Adam Cole being kept as far away from each other as possible.

Gargano coming back is the first one to really set alarms bells off though. All these favourites of Triple H getting released by Vince, doing fuck all, then coming back once Hunter’s in power, it’s almost as if everyone knew what was coming and all they had to do was bide their time. At first it was just something to half joke about, but now more than ever I’m convinced either Triple H was the one who leaked all the shit involving Vince, or he at least knew it was coming.

Tyler Breeze will be the clincher. Has he had a single match since leaving NXT? Any Indy dates? Not even a cameo on AEW Dark? If he comes back in the next few weeks I reckon we can take it as confirmed there was a WhatsApp group called, “Hunter’s Faves,” where they were all told to sit at home playing video games and it was only a matter of time before Pappa Trips got the power and brought them all back.

I'm convinced they all knew it was coming for a while to be honest. Now even Vince taking that stunner at mania and having his mini match seem like something he crammed in before he knew he wouldn't be welcome. A mock up of that WhatsApp group could be quite funny with things like "Adam Cole left the group" if anyone has time to make it 

  • Paid Members
Posted
29 minutes ago, simonworden said:

 A mock up of that WhatsApp group could be quite funny with things like "Adam Cole left the group" if anyone has time to make it 

These are never funny.

Posted

I watched the Gargano segment again, and there was a line I'd missed first time round that didn't sit right with me. Being, clearly, a woke; easily-offended snowflake I'm going to bring it up now. Gargano said "if you work hard, you can get whatever you want in this life, I promise". 

Johnny, fuck off. Are people struggling away on minimum wage jobs, giving their all not working hard enough to get what they want from life? Are those of us who are about to face energy price rises beyond what we've ever seen before in our lives not working hard enough to get past that? 

It may have been unintentional right-wing rhetoric, but if he genuinely believes that, he's a twat. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I watched the Gargano segment again, and there was a line I'd missed first time round that didn't sit right with me. Being, clearly, a woke; easily-offended snowflake I'm going to bring it up now. Gargano said "if you work hard, you can get whatever you want in this life, I promise". 

Johnny, fuck off. Are people struggling away on minimum wage jobs, giving their all not working hard enough to get what they want from life? Are those of us who are about to face energy price rises beyond what we've ever seen before in our lives not working hard enough to get past that? 

It may have been unintentional right-wing rhetoric, but if he genuinely believes that, he's a twat. 

I think you’re being overly sensitive on this one and if you are struggling at the minute as lots are I can understand why. Pretty much every athlete ever says this sort of stuff no matter their political beliefs. It’s just one of those buzz phrases for kids to have a bit of hope and to think they can be like them one day.

Edited by FUM
Posted (edited)

Yeah, just some bread and butter quippage there within the medium. You may as well cancel Rocky. Definitely one that's better for your head not to take on board too much, from a fellow snowflake. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK
Posted

Yeah it's wrestling. He's a positive guy and a positive character. You can go back years and years and years and find that sort of positivity from babyfaces.

Personally I don't want them to drag that shit down with various comments about economics and how the world is in crisis etc. It's meant to be a form of escape..

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Personally I don't want them to drag that shit down with various comments about economics and how the world is in crisis etc. 

Hard times, baby. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...