The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

It's definitely something I wonder about, but I'm still not convinced he would've been made at that point. I think he could've easily fallen into that 'overpushed' category. Were people really that behind him at the time? I can't remember really. I'm sure it didn't exactly help him but I'm not sure it specifically ruined him either.

Spoiler

Strowman already has a child's face on a globe sized head and some of the worst tattoos on any human being stalking the earth, add to that the majority of his post WWE time has been spent embarrassing himself, showing himself up to be a cunt with the intellignce of a bin lid and hanging round with z-list 'FORMER WWE AMERICAN WRESTLING SUPERSTARS' trying to promote some of the worst ideas in modern wrestling.

So with that i'm trying to think of a benefit to bringing someone that shite and stupid back that doesnt amount to "he's a good hand" or "ambulance that time". If there was ever any sheen on the little gobshite he's wiped it off with used bogroll a while ago

Edited by Cannibal Man

Balor feels like a victim of timing as much as anything. 

He looked like a star in NJPW but had hit the ceiling of how far they were willing to push him. If he'd have come along now he'd have probably been a champion there. 

Then the injury in the WWE was a death blow to him. He never recovered in their eyes. And even now, as much of a Triple H guy as he is, there's nothing to him anymore. He's been around too long. And nothing kills you more than being satisfied with your lot. 

I'm enjoying how front loaded Raw is at the moment. The first hour's a bit of a banger and then the rest of it is a storyline thread continuing and the longer matches. So it's conceivable to watch the first hour unspoilt and then have a bit of a skim if necessary. 

I'm a simple man. Slap an angle on something and I'm happy. So Judgement Day are still naff but both them and Dom are improved tenfold by having the latter dressed as an evil snooker player sulking around as Rhea's familiar. 

Owens getting a bit looser on the mic to become WWE's best self aware character since 2005 Batista ("You know I watch this show...") is on fine form, too. Could be just a case of see where it goes - maybe he has a ladder to climb again or it was always going to be this way - but another mention of "You're no longer the hand picked guy" to Theory and him losing clean to Owens? Maybe the Triple H era has gone cold on him. 

Rest of the show was decent. Braun's a tosser and I'll never care about him again but it's kinda hard not to ask a lad his size to the dance when you're a resurgent WWE and he's on the market. 

• Paid Members

Braun taking a tumble was the funniest thing I've seen in ages. He's controlling his narrative so much that he's jumped at the first phone call to come back.

Always thought he would end up being back when Raquel got called up, it was only a matter of time. 

Could have done without him taking out Alpha Academy AND the Prophets, although with how he took out Dawkins it makes you wonder if this is how they get to the Montez singles run.

Never thought I would praise WWE camera work, but the shot from Miz's face to the camera panning and zooming to Lumis was brilliant. 

Dom's mugging face is hilarious, no way is anyone buying him as a bad guy. 

• Paid Members

Top singles stars making the tag division look like shit seems to be another Vince-ism Hunter can’t shake.

Braun falling over was perfectly on brand. Come on, you big moron! Control your narrative!

Kofi and Xavier ending up as the two legal men in the Fatal Four Way and rushing to pin each other was a genuinely funny spot. Brilliant.

I’ll be stunned if Dominik is still employed this time next year. Worthless.

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn staying with WWE has turned into all-time great decisions, hasn’t it? Top lads. Give me the Eddie and Benoit at Wrestlemania moment with those two, minus all the horrible stuff that followed.

• Paid Members

Shame they foreshadowed Doms lust for Rhea a week ago. It makes sense though to use his hormones against him, for a lot of us watching somewhat through the event horizon of a White Hole, where we still talk about “since Lesnar came back,” where Bobby Lashley is the same age he was in 2007, and where 2013 is “a couple of years ago,” Dominick has basically only just hit puberty.

Braun coming back is great. He’s big, he’s over, he’s held the belt so he’s a credible threat. They didn’t have to fuck the tag team division quite that hard, but the idea that him being back is a bad thing, you can leave at the door. Unfortunately if they get him ready for a title shot at Reigns, it will be as a placeholder while they wait for Cody. Exactly where he was with Lesnar, when the plan was Reigns himself.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Jesus fucking Christ, Kev!

What a ridiculous bump to take. Are some of these guys idiots and that's why they take risks like that? Or are they idiots now because they have taken risks like that?