d-d-d-dAz Posted September 20, 2022 Posted September 20, 2022 (edited) The ‘White Rabbit’ stuff feels so thrillingly modern for WWE. Admittedly, it’s the sort of faux-guerilla marketing Nolan’s team were using for Batman films over a decade ago, but still it’s pretty great for wrestling. Inject this stuff into my veins. It typically falls apart when Bray Wyatt inevitably wrestles (I’m just assuming it’s him as it’s easier) but still… YES PLEASE. Edited September 20, 2022 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
RedRooster Posted September 20, 2022 Posted September 20, 2022 Another enjoyable Raw, with a ridiculous number of distraction finishes. 2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: The ‘White Rabbit’ stuff feels so thrillingly modern for WWE. Admittedly, it’s the sort of faux-guerilla marketing Nolan’s team were using for Batman films over a decade ago, but still it’s pretty great for wrestling. To be fair, even before Triple H, they were good at this kind of thing, albeit in slightly more obvious ways - such as the ‘Save Us’ Chris Jericho teases, and the campaign leading up to an Undertaker return that left a lot of people expecting Sting. It is a lot of fun - even if it is likely leading to the return of Bray Wyatt. I’m intrigued to see how he fares under Triple H, though. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted September 20, 2022 Posted September 20, 2022 (edited) 30 minutes ago, RedRooster said: Another enjoyable Raw, with a ridiculous number of distraction finishes. To be fair, even before Triple H, they were good at this kind of thing, albeit in slightly more obvious ways - such as the ‘Save Us’ Chris Jericho teases, and the campaign leading up to an Undertaker return that left a lot of people expecting Sting. It is a lot of fun - even if it is likely leading to the return of Bray Wyatt. I’m intrigued to see how he fares under Triple H, though. After I type that I realised they have done stuff like this, though it just feels so long since they’ve done a genuinely interesting tease. Maybe I’m just jaded. It’s a shame it looks like they’re paying this off on Friday, as the lack of referencing it and using social media’s wannabe investigators to pick up the thread is really great. I wish they’d keep it going for a bit. The only downside is knowing it’s either for Karrion Kross (though teasing an active wrestler would be weird), or is in part involving Karrion Kross; the white rabbit being his former nickname apparently, and the video the QR code led you to made use of an hourglass. Edited September 20, 2022 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
RedRooster Posted September 20, 2022 Posted September 20, 2022 2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: It’s a shame it looks like they’re paying this off on Friday, as the lack of referencing it and using social media’s wannabe investigators to pick up the thread is really great. I wish they’d keep it going for a bit. Yeah I feel similarly. I love things like this, and while they’ve been dragged out in the past, there was definitely scope to do more with this. Still, I’m excited to see what they’re planning. 2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: The only downside is knowing it’s either for Karrion Kross (though teasing an active wrestler would be weird), or is in part involving Karrion Kross; the white rabbit being his former nickname apparently, and the video the QR code led you to made use of an hourglass. Surely they’re not referencing an obscure Lucha Underground gimmick? If it’s anything other than Bray Wyatt, I’d be really surprised. Having said that, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him aligned with Wyatt and feuding with Drew. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted September 20, 2022 Posted September 20, 2022 They certainly have created some intrigue with it, even if that has lead to some hilarious guesswork. I’ve seen everything from Adam Rose returning to Hangman Adam Page debuting ??♂️. It most likely will be Bray Wyatt though, and if it is I’m interested to see what they go with for him. Back to Swapy Cult Leader? Full blown Discount Pennywise? or a mixture of the two. A mad “Hell and damnation and fire and Armageddon and torture and Hell” Preacher character might be interesting for a couple of weeks. I wasn’t aware that Kross was in Lucha Underground with the White Rabbit moniker, I don’t think I made it that far with the show (although I really should try it again). The hourglass image as well as the “beep, boop…” sound on the 9:23 substituting for a “tick, tock” could as easily be for him as anything to do with Bray. Guess we’ll find out on Friday Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2022 If it's not somehow related to Killer Kross, they shouldn't be using an hourglass. You'd never have got that on Vince's watch. Only reason I'd entertain it being anything other than Kross is that he's already there and I don't know what the purpose of a needlessly complex hype for him would be. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted September 20, 2022 Posted September 20, 2022 27 minutes ago, BomberPat said: If it's not somehow related to Killer Kross, they shouldn't be using an hourglass. I completely agree, all I’m saying is I can understand why he’s being speculated about. As you say, Vince wouldn’t have allowed such a thing - “the hourglass is Kross’ gimmick dammit, why have you put it in (possibly) Wyatt’s promo? You’re fired!” Kross’ theme did disappear shortly after he came back, leading to talk of him getting either a new theme or a completely new entrance altogether. That old theme has since returned, so either they’ve changed their mind about any changes or they were never changing it in the first place. Quote
s279 Posted September 20, 2022 Posted September 20, 2022 You could tie it all together and have it turn out that Kross has been the herald of Wyatt with the "tick tock" egg timer stuff being a countdown to his return. Wyatt as a tweaked cult leader (without the swamp) and Kross/Scarlett as followers might work. I'd be tempted to chuck Dexter Lumis in there as well in the creepy fucker stable (as Lumis is going to need a mouthpiece sooner or later) but can they really have two "culty" stables at the same time? (No they can't, just bin off Judgment Day). Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 20, 2022 Posted September 20, 2022 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: Only reason I'd entertain it being anything other than Kross is that he's already there and I don't know what the purpose of a needlessly complex hype for him would be. To be fair they did exactly that for Edge recently. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2022 It's such a shame they're still dragging Raw out to three hours because if this had been two hours long it would have been a brilliant show. All the matches were great, especially Owens vs Theory, and they even managed to get some heat on Dominik Mysterio, who is somehow starting to resemble something interesting with his heel turn. How are they managing that?! The Dexter Lumis bit was fantastic as well but I'm only going to be really happy if they get Indi Hartwell involved in this storyline as well. I can't believe they've got me watching wrestling again in 2022 for fuck's sake. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted September 20, 2022 Awards Moderator Posted September 20, 2022 (edited) White Rabbit was performed by Jefferson Airplane. Thomas Jefferson is one of the Presidents on Mount Rushmore. Mount Rushmore was the name of Kevin Owens' faction which also included... save_us.hHh Edited September 20, 2022 by HarmonicGenerator Quote
FUM Posted September 20, 2022 Posted September 20, 2022 Bringing back Wyatt would be the first major wrong step under this regime for me. He is the absolute epitome of change the channel or fast forward for me. I really cannot stand him. I am bored to death of his “reinventions” which basically go wrong the moment he has to step in ring because they are backed into a corner every single time. Quote
Paid Members Nick James Posted September 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2022 One thing I noticed on this show, that they have long been criticised for not doing, is intertwining storylines. Matt Riddle helping out Rey against Judgement Day was one, then Gargano helping out KO, who in turn helped out Gargano. Wrestlers have friends again! We have long said they should let wrestlers wear normal clothes instead of their gear all of the time, then AJ Styles turns up looking like a hipster queuing for a chai latte. Fuck sake. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 20, 2022 Posted September 20, 2022 28 minutes ago, FUM said: Bringing back Wyatt would be the first major wrong step under this regime for me. He is the absolute epitome of change the channel or fast forward for me. I really cannot stand him. I am bored to death of his “reinventions” which basically go wrong the moment he has to step in ring because they are backed into a corner every single time. The key test is that last part. Can they do a gimmick with him that doesn't fall apart once actual wrestling is involved? If they could finally find that balance then he'd be great I think. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.