The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I really don't like Gargano so I don't particularly want to defend him however I also think the key word is "can" not "will" get whatever they want in life.

Sadly there's millions of people who are going to work their arses off their entire life and never get a clean run of the balls. 

I'm in agreements its standard plucky underdog face spiel.

• Paid Members

They actually explained how Lumis got released from jail. My god it's a miracle.

Angle still has some incredible comedic timing with the 'he did it again' line. Had both knees replaced a few weeks ago and said he may have one more in him. Surely it has to be Gable? Erase the Corbin match from history, if you don't agree with that, then you can shooooooooosh, please.

Roman NEEDS to retain at the weekend now with KO being involved. I fear he's losing though with the '2 year celebration' planned for Smackdown. Jay still being mean towards Sami but Jimmy being cool with him is brilliant, give Sami everything. The man just pisses charisma.

Strange decision for the main, but at least the finish was new with the blind tag and they made it feel like an important win. Surely they can't bring Sasha and Naomi back as heels going for the titles? 

Riddle got his name back, maybe they thing that googling him isn't too bad these days and time has passed. I hate worked shoots, but the Seth line about Riddles family was about the right amount. I actually believe these two hate each other.

None or the shows under Triple H have been home runs, but there has been enough to show development, promise and a concerted effort to try something different. It takes time take to essentially re-route something that big organically.

However, the online reaction to this week’s RAW in particular has been pretty hilarious, as if it was the result of Vince’s  name being called out 3 times.

Edited by uklaw

51 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Angle still has some incredible comedic timing with the 'he did it again' line. Had both knees replaced a few weeks ago and said he may have one more in him. Surely it has to be Gable? Erase the Corbin match from history, if you don't agree with that, then you can shooooooooosh, please.

I thought Angle had lost a step on the mic from what I remembered, which was all the more jarring for me given that he looks pretty much the same. That said, he was still really good, and Gable was phenomenal, he's so entertaining. I'd love to see him get a singles push, there aren't many wrestlers I have as much fun watching as I do him. 

53 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Strange decision for the main, but at least the finish was new with the blind tag and they made it feel like an important win. Surely they can't bring Sasha and Naomi back as heels going for the titles? 

That's pretty much how I felt. To be honest, I skipped through the match, expecting the obvious result and was completely caught off guard by the end result. While I'm all for unpredictability, it feels pretty random, with no obvious upside. 

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Roman NEEDS to retain at the weekend now with KO being involved. I fear he's losing though with the '2 year celebration' planned for Smackdown. Jay still being mean towards Sami but Jimmy being cool with him is brilliant, give Sami everything. The man just pisses charisma.

I hope that the ultimate direction isn't a tag feud between KO/Sami and The Usos, but I suspect it is. I REALLY want to see that Roman/Sami match, even if the ultimate outcome is Sami losing. I feel similarly about Drew winning, but I reckon I'll really end up getting behind him in the moment, if the crowd is red hot for him. 

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

This is only clip from RAW I’ve seen and I’m a huge fan of Dakota immediately mouthing to Iyo on camera that she wasn’t the legal woman. Such a small detail that a lot will have missed but fantastically done.

Small steps. I like that everything is being given time and a few new faces are being thrown in the mix. 
HHH is smart enough to know things take time but he has managed to take existing storylines/gimmicks and either adapt them or develop them into where he wants to take the product. It feels (good, bad and indifferent) like a wrestling show is slowly developing again, and that's good.

If Triple H's RAW was a 2-hour show, I honestly think it would be the best wrestling show on TV. There are loads of fresh faces, the wrestling is mostly good, and it's just generally an easy, fun watch. I never thought I'd be able to say this again, but WWE is really good right now. 

• Paid Members

I'm still fast forwarding large chunks of the shows, but for the last few weeks, I have watched Raw, Smackdown and Dynamite all spoiler free for the first time in about 2 years. Fuck the tribalism bollocks, when wrestling is good, its a great way to escape the stresses of the real world. 

Don't get me wrong, its far from perfect, but the small changes that have been made already show that without a pensioner having final say on absolutely everything, things just feel a lot better. Even Rollins saying 'bitch' without emphasising it, comes across as genuine, as opposed to leaving a 2 second pause before the word. 

What I do like is that RAW is largely treated as a show that runs through the commercial break and doesn’t seemingly grind to a halt. I specifically mean the (Matt again) Riddle and Seth Rollins sit-down interview and unique take they had on the concept with the ‘off-broadcast’ footage. I don’t know if the footage was broadcast uncensored for the live crowd or if there was smoke and mirrors and the crowd actually saw it when the viewers did.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

I admire the fact they've tried with Judgement Day but its just not working for me. All 3 feel incredibly miscast. I think they all have upsides and something to offer but I'm just not feeling it at all.

Another failing of the Liv Morgan babyface run too is that her and Ripley were separated before she could get her revenge.

Judgement Day are easily one of the blandest acts ever prominently pushed on Raw. Everything you'd expect from a modern day algorithmic-WWE version of the Ministry. 

Granted if you throw a bottle at a wrestling convention it'll whack off someone who was in a spooky goth faction at some point in their career, but it should still be easy enough to write compelling segments and brutal promos for these kind of deals. 

Instead it's Edge dressing them down for being emo (didn't you start the group?) and Balor pining that he's not in any documentaries. Something any dyed-in-the-wool acolyte of darkness pines for in the chalk pentagram, of course. 

They should be binned and each rehabbed as soon as possible.